iOS v Android
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,I'm a new owner of a Phantom 3 standard, I have a galaxy S7 edge and an iPad Pro 9.7(wifi only).

Which would you recommend for stability- connection etc, I realise if I use the iPad I lose access to GPS on the handset but it's something I will live with if IOS is better.

Alan.
2017-9-11
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I have been Using my old Galaxy S5 Active for awhile now and it works just fine for both Litchi & Go APP.

Make sure you check the compatible devices list on DJI's Official web site here:

http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#specs
2017-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

ios is the most popular.  You also have gps in the bird.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would also suggest to check the recommended mobile device list.
2017-9-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I think the simple fact is that the iOS solution is more stable. Disable video caching on the controller to reduce the workload on your iPad and you should be sweet to go. I normally am not a fan of Apple products, but I have an Air 2 on my rig that has been working faultlessly since I got it.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-11 19:29
I think the simple fact is that the iOS solution is more stable. Disable video caching on the controller to reduce the workload on your iPad and you should be sweet to go. I normally am not a fan of Apple products, but I have an Air 2 on my rig that has been working faultlessly since I got it.

Yes, my dedicated device for my Phantom 3 Pro is the iPad Air2 Celluler here too. Wow.

In this couple of years, it's been excemplary. Nothing to complain about, only pilot error. Haha

I think  "iApple" has a leg up on the Android developers. I know they are cheaper, but I firmly believe you get what you pay for, in this example. Apple just seems to be a wee bit better. More stable.
DJI wouldn't be selling drones in the Apple store for sheer kicks. They have a partnership in this.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks neither my iPad Pro or S7e is on the official list but I think I will go with the iPad,
2017-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-9-11 23:10
Thanks neither my iPad Pro or S7e is on the official list but I think I will go with the iPad,

Aloha Alan,

Good you have both.  You never know when you need to try the other one to see if it also has a problem.  Since they both are not on the approved devices list, this might be helpful.  There are also some apps or options that one can do that the other one cannot.  You will learn about this as you get more experience.

You could also just try both of them, after a while of just the iPad, to see how the other one works.  You never know, you may like it better.  But wait till you have more experience so you are more comfortable with your system.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules