Spark controller firmware update
16123 22 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superman8
New
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Please help to resolve spark controller firmware update (in compatiblity update or lacking update log) stop at 5%.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please ensure that you have a solid wifi. Or you can try to change another mobile device and reinstall your app.Thanks.
2017-9-11
Use props
Raj63
New
Singapore

Have the same issue. Did you resolve this and what did you do to get this done. Really miss flying my drone

regards
2017-9-11
Use props
djiuser_p9iKG3X
New
Mexico

I have the same problem   spark controler update  log  stopt at 5%,,,  using a  Samsung Galaxy 7,, please help to solve this isue

2017-9-11
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

djiuser_p9iKG3X Posted at 2017-9-11 18:50
I have the same problem   spark controler update  log  stopt at 5%,,,  using a  Samsung Galaxy 7,, please help to solve this isue

Try updating using the DJI Assistant 2 software.

MY APOLOGIES - my advice was for the AC firmware, NOT the RC software.
2017-9-11
Use props
djiuser_p9iKG3X
New
Mexico

,,,,,I try but the RC can be update only  by  the DJI GO4,,,,
2017-9-11
Use props
Neil_Vals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158812 ft
United States

this was resolved from another thread

https://forum.dji.com/thread-112074-1-1.html

I got spark fly more combo. I uninstall DJI Go 4 app 4.1.8 then restart phone. install 4.1.5 dji go4 app from apk given from above thread then install the remote firmware successfully.  Then reinstall the latest 4.1.8 DJI Go 4 app before I fly. works for me . Good Luck Safe Flying.

2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Raj63 Posted at 2017-9-11 18:22
Have the same issue. Did you resolve this and what did you do to get this done. Really miss flying my drone  

regards

Please try to upgrade the RC via iOS app, or download the Android DJI GO 4  V4.1.5 to upgrade the RC, you'll be able to upgrade it successfully.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_p9iKG3X Posted at 2017-9-11 18:50

Could you please also try the methods which I provided in the post 8#?
2017-9-11
Use props
Raj63
New
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-11 20:12
Please try to upgrade the RC via iOS app, or download the Android DJI GO 4  V4.1.5 to upgrade the RC, you'll be able to upgrade it successfully.

Thanks a lot Dji Diana

For everyone else,
I am not a savvy "drone updater", so I will explain step by step what I did an hope it will helps anyone else. If I missed out anything do add on after

Note: This is for a android phone

Step 1.  Uninstall the current  DJI Go 4 (does not work for the latest version)
Step 2.  Download the older Dji Go 4 v 4.1.5 from this site:     
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

Step 3.  Install the older version by opening it from your file manager
Step 4.  Open your older Dji Go 4 app
Step 5.  Link wifi to RC. (not sure if this is needed but did it anyway)
Step 6.  Go to the Dji Go 4 app and setup with the steps requested
Step 7.  Click the update firmware 'button' at the top and at a prompt to set wifi to a normal wifi, change the wifi to an external wifi
Step 8.  Download the firmware
Step 9.  Set wifi back to the RC
Step 10.  GOOD TO GO !

Hope this helps.

regards
2017-9-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Raj63 Posted at 2017-9-12 05:02
Thanks a lot Dji Diana

For everyone else,

Thanks for sharing this information.  Hope it helps a lot of people using Android devices.
2017-9-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thanks a lot Dji Diana

For everyone else,

Well done and perfect description! Once you have successfully updated everything I would however recommend you to return to the latest App version. It has bugfixes and works well except for the updates. Since DJI is aware now about that problem, I have no doubt that we will get a fixed and well tested App version before the next firmware updates will have to be installed.
2017-9-12
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Come on DJI Mod make a sticky thread  with the solution to this problem....12256152 threads about the same problem....This is awful ....
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_vFjFgfu
lvl.1
Singapore

Follow the below steps from 1 of the member, it solved my problem which was same as your...
Read it first from 1-9. You should follow exact steps step-by-step to succeed.
1. Power up your Sparky.
2. Press Power button 9 seconds (3 Beeps)
3. Restart your Spark (power off and on again)
4. Press Power button 6 seconds (2 beeps)
5. Restart your Spark.
6. Press Power button 3 seconds (1 beep)
7. Now Power up your remote (just now).
8. Wait till Red light will stop blinking and just remain red.
9. Now press 3 keys on your remote to start the connection.

Do not forget about distance (<20cm) and you'll get it paired in less than 30 seconds from now.
Good Luck!
2017-9-12
Use props
Raj63
New
Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-12 05:20
Well done and perfect description! Once you have successfully updated everything I would however recommend you to return to the latest App version. It has bugfixes and works well except for the updates. Since DJI is aware now about that problem, I have no doubt that we will get a fixed and well tested App version before the next firmware updates will have to be installed.

Thanks a lot Wachtberger. Got some of the steps from your log. Had problems updating still and thought other newbees would too. So I share the steps I used that worked.
2017-9-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thanks, but it did not come from me, I only had quoted the author of the good solution. But happy to read that it works for you too now!
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_psS0oho
New
Netherlands

i have the same problem with android devices ( s7 edge, nexus 7, htc one ) then i tryd the ipod touch (ios) and there was no update massage any more ???
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_ZfnEctU
New
Brazil

Good Morning ! apacece that phrase in my drone dji spark what would it be? Latest Firmware Abnormal
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_psS0oho Posted at 2017-9-12 22:56
i have the same problem with android devices ( s7 edge, nexus 7, htc one ) then i tryd the ipod touch (ios) and there was no update massage any more ???

Please check the current version of your RC , if it is not the latest version, please try to use the old version of DJI GO 4 and update it again. Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

djiuser_ZfnEctU Posted at 2017-9-13 06:55
Good Morning ! apacece that phrase in my drone dji spark what would it be? Latest Firmware Abnormal

Please provide me a screenshot about this warning.
Any other error message?
Thanks for support.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Thanks a lot Dji Diana

For everyone else,

Glad to hear that you've got it resolved, hope you can enjoy the drone! Thanks for sharing this with us, it is helpful.
2017-9-14
Use props
Spark_annon
New
Flight distance : 8783 ft
United States

Its been fixed,just updatr your dji go 4 app and it works now...i was going nuts with the rc problem updating
2017-10-14
Use props
fans3f4b5480
New

Mexico

hi people!!
can you help me please?
i was able to download both firmware for RC and for spark.
however its imposible fly, remains the advertisement: can’t take off and request the latest version!!
what can i do?? please
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules