Turn off Spark by turning upside down
6685 45 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 19:59
Where do you think raptors hunt for mice and other things to eat. That also attach other birds and drones as they view them as a threat.

Understood. If it is evitable to fly in such conditions, you may add skins on the aircraft to avoid the attention of raptors. BTW, in case the drone is attacked by the raptors, I'm afraid it will not be a warranty case, hope you have purchased DJI Care Refresh.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wimherman Posted at 11-9 00:41
Thank you so much for the detailed information!

My conclusion is that we dont have to be affraid that for example a strong wind gust will knock out the motors when flying higher than 2 meters. Since the delay will give the FC time to take controll over the AC again.. Nice.. Little wonders DJI makes !

No worries. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a nice weekend.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SAADHERO Posted at 11-9 01:21
nothing wrong just something i would love spark to do so it can fly upside down if needed

Thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid that it will be a long way to fly upside down the drone.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 04:55
Understood. If it is evitable to fly in such conditions, you may add skins on the aircraft to avoid the attention of raptors. BTW, in case the drone is attacked by the raptors, I'm afraid it will not be a warranty case, hope you have purchased DJI Care Refresh.

again.. it hasn't happened to me yet.. but there are more than one very funny yet tragic video out there of drone vs nature that does not end well for the drone...

personally with the DJI I think that in many of these I don't see the drone get past 70 to shut it down..

I think that the bird interrupts the prop and either amps spike and the battery shuts down or the esc reports the 'prop strike' and the FC shuts them all down for 'safety'

2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 05:08
again.. it hasn't happened to me yet.. but there are more than one very funny yet tragic video out there of drone vs nature that does not end well for the drone...

personally with the DJI I think that in many of these I don't see the drone get past 70 to shut it down..

Anyway, fly safe, and I wish you good luck.
2018-11-9
Use props
Giannisepp
New
Flight distance : 71913 ft

Greece

Hi, a few days ago, i faced that problem. The drone was in flight and the wind tilt the drone. The motors stopped and i was seeing the drone going down. There was no reaction from the drone when using the controller. It was windy at that hight and i got a message about the velocity or something. and it warned me to land ASAP. There was not enought time to land and the drone titl from the wind. I also have the recording.
My explenation:
The drone may react accurate in a windy environment BUT, i thing that there is a confusion in the drone calculations when there is a rotation in the same time. It may disorient and missing the wind direction.
My solution:
I set the fn button to takeoff/landing action. I tested the drone after a forced switching off by hand (vertical position), when pressing fn, it started immediately. I guess, the next time if i realized that it happening, i may restart the engines in the air.
The strange is that the drone was getting down in a horizontal position (like landing but very very fast) without overturning.
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules