Drone insurance whilst airborne.
994 6 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Can anyone recomend an inurance provider who can provide cover whist my drone is airborne against accidental damage. I am insured elsewhere
in case it is lost, stolen, dropped etc. I live in the UK and fly here for the most part. Would be great to know who the providers are and what people
are paying by way of premiums.

Cheers
Rob
2017-9-11
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185220 ft
United Kingdom

Transferring the thread to my linked drone linked account..
2017-9-11
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185220 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to Bump.. I was hoping to tie up some kind of Insurance whilst flying this week. Anyone have any ideas or input pls ?
2017-9-12
Use props
fans2e47db57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49514 ft
United States

For damage to the aircraft, DJI Refresh is your best bet. For property damage and personal injury, Here in the U.S. we have Verifly which provides liability and personal injury for individual flights.
2017-9-12
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

fans2e47db57 Posted at 2017-9-12 05:01
For damage to the aircraft, DJI Refresh is your best bet. For property damage and personal injury, Here in the U.S. we have Verifly which provides liability and personal injury for individual flights.

I'm kind of dubious about the "DJI care insurance", having your brand new first hand drone swapped for a "previously enjoyed" one for which you have no idea how much abuse it was put through (like flying near the sea in corrosive atmospheres) just doesn't seem like a viable insurance policy to me.
2017-9-12
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Not sure how home owners or renters insurance is there but i have a $500 usd deductible so i would not get full price using that here in the USA
2017-9-12
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Coverdrone is worth looking at - I believe they'll cover you for this.

I got introduced to them through Heliguy's insurance page.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules