Advice re Flying In India and Bhutan
1253 7 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello, I'm a novice pilot and I'm planning to take my drone (MavicPro) with me on holiday to India and Bhutan. I've done a bit of flying in the countryside in the UK and at friends houses and I'm well versed in UK rules and regulations. I've also found plenty of info. about the batteries and what to do regarding aeroplanes.

I'm going to be at various tourist sites in both countries. Does anyone have any experience of flying and filming in India?  Any pitfalls to be avoided?  I've been to India before and in my experience, anyone doing anything even mildly interesting draws a crowd of onlookers in no time, which I worry would not end well.

Thanks

Alan
2017-9-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Always blend in. Hide behind some trees. It would help
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As far as I know, India is not allow to fly non-governmental drones. Please try to contact the DGCA to check the exact status.
2017-9-12
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I hope you like crowds if you do get to fly your drone in India. The locals will swarm around you .... they love none locals and stare but give them a none local with a drone and I can imagine the crowds lol.
2017-9-12
Use props
robyndrone
New

Canada

Hello i am Canadian, i will be traveling to india mid april 2018 for a bit more than one month then i will go to nepal , thailand and hong kong. In India, I would also be taking dometic flights to leh , jaisalmer , varanasi... I am now debating if i should bring my dji spark with me. I am willing not to fly my drone in india but would like to bring it with me anyways for thailand and hongkong . my questions are :

1 Will customs confiscate my dji spark in international or dometic flights ?

2 Will customs charge me a duty $ if yes how much ?

3 Do i need a permit to enter india with dji spark?

4 Will i get any problemes traveling to Leh with dji spark ?

5 Will i get any problemes leaving india with dji spark ?

Thank you !
2017-9-26
Use props
Psycho Realm
lvl.1
Thailand

I don’t have a clue who we have to contact for this. I try to find a e-mail adress but did not find anything I have also contacted serval websites with databases of UAV regulation. Simply no responsez does somebody has any updates?
2018-1-7
Use props
fans16333c46
New
United States

All I can say about flying in India is that as long as you are flying responsibly and without attracting any attention towards yourself, everything will be absolutely fine. I flew without any problem for about 2 months. Beautiful and happy India. You can take your mavic with yourself on the flight. Just make sure to put all the batteries and propellers in the Checked baggage. Good Luck..
2018-1-7
Use props
Psycho Realm
lvl.1
Thailand

Read this :

https://www.thebetterindia.com/120302/flying-drone-india-laws-law-security/

I am very disappointed
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now