Mavic damaged during shipping...DJI wants me to use my care refresh
1782 19 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

About 6 weeks ago I started to have issues with my Mavic's compass. After refreshing the firm ware a couple times and many other resets DJI recommend I send in my drone.
I packaged up my Mavic in the DJI box with the gimbal clamp and cover and put it in another box with bubble wrapped and sent it to DJI's repair facility.

About a week passes by and I get an invoice stating that the gimbal arm is broken and I need to pay $79 to use my care refresh? What? Where did this come from?

No explanation from DJI, simply just a bill. After finally getting in touch with someone they explain that when they received my drone it was broken and had signs of impact. What?

I refuse to be taken advantage of as I sent DJI a drone in perfect physical condition. If there is damage.... it happened during shipping. I have NEVER crashed or damaged my drone.

And now I can't seem to get any DJI person to help.

2017-9-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

start with calling them and without explaining yourself as for a manager or a supervisor right away.. if they need explaination just say it is private and urgent matter.    once in contact with a higher up that has control explain the situation, get them to work with you.   

i trust that you are being honest and telling the truth  it usually is UPS/Fedex crushing your packages...    i used to run a business online myself (reseller) and UPS was terrible about things, customer returns come late in the day and box was half destroyed was impossible to tell if the damage was UPS or customer sometimes...  fedex was just as bad and while post office was surprisingly good, most customers didnt want to return via USPS because they had bad experiences... so, difficult situation sometimes..
2017-9-12
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Whoa that's crazy!!!!!.  Man I'm glad I didn't get that.  I got a PAP policy from Statefarm instead.  
2017-9-12
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2017-9-12 12:41
Whoa that's crazy!!!!!.  Man I'm glad I didn't get that.  I got a PAP policy from Statefarm instead.

^^ same here. Unfortunately we had to use it when my wife's Spark disconnected from the RC and disappeared, never to be found again. We replaced it with a P4A instead of another Spark.
2017-9-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

state farm's insurance is the best option but unfortunately seems they want to phase it out and some people cannot get insured.  
2017-9-12
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I doubt you have pics of you packing it?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

El, we are sorry for this situation, could you happen to post the case number here? We will look into and try our best to help you out. Thank you.
2017-9-12
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

it's difficult to make the difference between true and false transport damage if it's not notify at the delivery
2017-9-13
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
United States

I talked to a manager in customer service yesterday (after waiting about 55 mins on hold) and he stated that he would try to help resolve the issue. I guess I keep waiting??

I do have the Statefarm insurance and it seems I may have to use it.

Trust me when I say $79 to have your drone replaced after crashing it is a good deal and I would totally pay that...but I did not crash or damage it and DJI is taking advantage of me. I have already shelled out $1200 and the thought of giving more money is not sitting well.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Can you provide me a repair id number? Is the concern more DJI Care related?
2017-9-13
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-12 14:21
state farm's insurance is the best option but unfortunately seems they want to phase it out and some people cannot get insured.

Wow that was short lived.. well I'm glad the Mavic covered for a year
2017-9-13
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 07:07
Can you provide me a repair id number? Is the concern more DJI Care related?

The issue is DJI wants me to use my care refresh for my drone when it was damaged during shipping.

CAS 892267

CAS 982024
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

el pelo Posted at 2017-9-13 09:51
The issue is DJI wants me to use my care refresh for my drone when it was damaged during shipping.

CAS 892267

Thank you for your response. I have forward your information regarding this issue. Please keep allow time for a response.
2017-9-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2017-9-13 09:36
Wow that was short lived.. well I'm glad the Mavic covered for a year

yep, i can imagine why, state farm didn't really do much to enforce it against fraudulent usage. i mean scarey easy to make a claim that was false. being as it is a drone it is hard to prove anything if you say "i fly away" .    dont worry too much though, some agents are willing to continue to work with clients, so not total loss but it seems they are starting to wise up.  

my friend did get denied by my agent however.  which us weird but then again he doesn't have statefarm for other policies so that maybe why.  random risky single policy probably scares them all off..

the big issue with state farm is they need to charge a deductible on certain claims..  like a fly away or smashed into ocean or something..  no fault issue, they should have some deductible, as of right now they dont and thats making it easy for scammers to commit fraud.  if however you claim it as stolen, have police report and valid case IDs and such, then state farm could see that as no deductible...   but hey, that just makes too much sense for a company to run that way..
2017-9-13
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-13 11:33
yep, i can imagine why, state farm didn't really do much to enforce it against fraudulent usage. i mean scarey easy to make a claim that was false. being as it is a drone it is hard to prove anything if you say "i fly away" .    dont worry too much though, some agents are willing to continue to work with clients, so not total loss but it seems they are starting to wise up.  

my friend did get denied by my agent however.  which us weird but then again he doesn't have statefarm for other policies so that maybe why.  random risky single policy probably scares them all off..

True, I think it helps that you have other policies with Statefarm because they kind of know who you are and trust that you wont file false claims
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: the Mavic Pro has been repaired under warranty, and it will be shipped out very soon, please note the email with tracking number later, we apologize again for the inconvenience that has been caused, please keep us updated if you have any further question.
2017-9-13
Use props
Robshaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43537 ft

Think I'll record myself packing the drone before I send mine in
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robshaw Posted at 2018-5-17 01:21
Think I'll record myself packing the drone before I send mine in

You could do that, if there is any damage during the shipping, we will do our best to help.
2018-5-17
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
United States

I had to jump through a lot of hoops but in the end DJI did take care of me.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

el pelo Posted at 2018-6-8 05:04
I had to jump through a lot of hoops but in the end DJI did take care of me.

Thanks for your update and glad to know everything turns out to be great, enjoy flying.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules