Is it possible to transfer a DJI Go account to a new email address?
3186 10 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

My father created the DJI Go account under his business email address and is now no longer interested in using the P4P.  Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer everything to a new email address and keep all the logs, data, ect...?  
2017-9-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Not absolutely sure, but I would think not.  It would still be the same account, but different e-mail.
2017-9-12
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I bought a drone second hand from a guy wanted to re register it to me unfortunalely cant be done I cant see any of his flight logs or anything only from the day I got it shows up
2017-9-12
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen this question pop up a few times. One of the mods has always answered that the original email used for registration is forever. Seems kind of an easy thing for DJI to fix, not a clue as to why they won't.
2017-9-12
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-12 16:36
I've seen this question pop up a few times. One of the mods has always answered that the original email used for registration is forever. Seems kind of an easy thing for DJI to fix, not a clue as to why they won't.

Thank you.  those were my thoughts exactly.
2017-9-12
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-12 16:36

How many other sites do you know that won't let you change your email address? In this day and age, it seems absolutely ridiculous that any company would lock you to your initial registration email.  
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Actually, we don't support to do so.
2017-9-17
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

JockC Posted at 2017-9-17 00:30
How many other sites do you know that won't let you change your email address? In this day and age, it seems absolutely ridiculous that any company would lock you to your initial registration email.

Hmmm... well I just transferred a credit card from a former business email address to a current email address that i use more for paying bills.  So the definition of "rediculous" is a bit judgementl here as I do know it can and has be done.  I was just asking likewise, since this was registered with a business email address, however I'm not using it for the business.  That is why I proposed the question.  
2017-9-18
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Australia

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-18 03:27
Hmmm... well I just transferred a credit card from a former business email address to a current email address that i use more for paying bills.  So the definition of "rediculous" is a bit judgementl here as I do know it can and has be done.  I was just asking likewise, since this was registered with a business email address, however I'm not using it for the business.  That is why I proposed the question.

Im not sure what you were trying to say in your post. My point was that you should be able to change your email address with DJI (like just about every other subscription or registration)  but, for reasons known only to themselves, DJI won't allow it. I suspect that their internal systems may have the original email propagated separately through various disparate applications rather than in just one place and that's possibly why it's difficult to change.
2017-9-18
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

JockC Posted at 2017-9-18 04:17
Im not sure what you were trying to say in your post. My point was that you should be able to change your email address with DJI (like just about every other subscription or registration)  but, for reasons known only to themselves, DJI won't allow it. I suspect that their internal systems may have the original email propagated separately through various disparate applications rather than in just one place and that's possibly why it's difficult to change.

Another DJI decision that does not benefit their customer.  They seem pretty good at that.  Yes, I was just stating that to clarify that it is possible among other companies to do so.  Changing an email address shouldn't be any different than changing your mailing address providing you can validate the change of address.
If DJI refuses to transfer email address then thats fine.  I was just hoping to not have to lose all the flight history and such that is tied to the company email address.  
2017-9-18
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Australia

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-18 08:19
Another DJI decision that does not benefit their customer.  They seem pretty good at that.  Yes, I was just stating that to clarify that it is possible among other companies to do so.  Changing an email address shouldn't be any different than changing your mailing address providing you can validate the change of address.
If DJI refuses to transfer email address then thats fine.  I was just hoping to not have to lose all the flight history and such that is tied to the company email address.

One simple solution may be for DJI to add a contact email address in addition to the initial registration email.  At, least, that way, you would be able to maintain all your flight records and still receive any promotional or other communications.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules