3610 10 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I am curious - what is a speed error?

I got a voice message 'atti mode', but when i looked at the phone there was still sport.
I looked into the logs and it was only a half of second.

speed_error.JPG I am sure compass was calibrated correctly, there was no metal objects or anything what could make interferences. KP index was 2 that day, and i flied around 30 times here before. I used 2.4Ghz OTG.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please notice that we do not support you use the third party to analyze your flight data.
Please consider the message from your app first, "atti mode" may caused by weak GPS signal.
Any other  error message from your app? More information is needed, so I can help you with the situation. Thanks.
2017-9-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

No, there was nothing more in app than voice message. Just half of second 'speed error' in log.

I am curious what exactly this 'speed error' mean. in what conditions that error may appear, what is triggering it. Not only about my case, but overall, what does that mean.

This was in DJI go logs, this 3rd party tool is only a viewer.
I have searched in the internet, found two cases when users got 'speed error', but nothing more.
2017-9-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Does "Please notice that we do not support you use the third party to analyze your flight data. " this mean, you found a way to read the blackbox data?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-9-12 22:58
No, there was nothing more in app than voice message. Just half of second 'speed error' in log.

I am curious what exactly this 'speed error' mean. in what conditions that error may appear, what is triggering it. Not only about my case, but overall, what does that mean.

Please kindly note that we do not support to connect via OTG. Please have a try with WiFi to see whether it remains. If yes, please export the data for analysis, thanks for cooperation.

2017-9-13
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

OTG have no matter there, because this happened on the copter side, not between an app or phone.
So app, cellphone, and connection between them have no matter here.

I prefer to not share my flight logs anywhere, i just asked what 'speed error' means and what conditions may cause it, not why it appeared in my case
2017-9-13
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Way to go DJI, don't answer his question.  The question pertained to the 'speed error' not how he was viewing the data.  I'd like to know what speed error means?  was it a technical / software issue or just that the sensors couldn't calculate speed when the GPS signal was weak or other.
2017-9-13
Use props
amd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231335 ft
Lithuania

Had same error once. Asked DJI support  what does it mean?  They answer was: "We suggest to send us back your unit for diagnosis and repair" and no explanations what does it mean...
2017-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

With these devices max speed itself is not going to affect the machine much. But sudden acceleration/deceleration/maneuvering will certainly put more strain on the batteries.

You need to ease of elevation (forward reverse speed) it can be one of your motors trying to keep up pace with control commands.

Is this only happening when changing speeds from full to stop or reverse?, you should ease your speed by letting stick return to centre not brake by using reverse.
2017-9-13
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

It happened once and it took half a second. I just flied on full speed.  It never happen before, no matter what i did - full forward/reverse/brake/turn.

Day was a bit windy.

However, a something need to trigger that error and i am curious what parameters excession is responsible.
2017-9-13
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34002234 ft

did anyone ever fivure out what a " speed error" was ?  I had some and it caused my Mavic to crash and DJI is trying tp nla!e me for them
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules