3337 10 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nhoover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3458045 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the type of shooting I do (cycling) I sometimes have to shoot in very cramped areas. Since obstacle avoidance doesn't work in all directions, I often use Spotlight mode with the Mavic to follow the cyclist moving through a short section of obstacles. It's really nice. But WHY isn't this implemented for the Spark? It seems much simpler and safer than Profile/Trace modes which the Spark does have.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your advice, I would forward it to our engineers. But please notice that spark doesn't have Auto Focus, it is limited because of the hardware. In addition, mavic doesn't have spotlight mode. Did you mean active track mode? Then spark can also track a moving object, please look at our user manual and you can read more about this mode.
2017-9-12
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-12 22:06
Thanks for your advice, I would forward it to our engineers. But please notice that spark doesn't have Auto Focus, it is limited because of the hardware. In addition, mavic doesn't have spotlight mode. Did you mean active track mode? Then spark can also track a moving object, please look at our user manual and you can read more about this mode.

Maybe he is talking about Point Of Interest mode, which usually used to shoot a building or place when flying around it. This will be really great feature for Spark!
2017-9-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pashi Posted at 2017-9-13 13:14
Maybe he is talking about Point Of Interest mode, which usually used to shoot a building or place when flying around it. This will be really great feature for Spark!

POI is the orbit feature. This spark can do orbit with the normal active track.
Spotlight is when the Quad is stationary whilst the subject is in motion. The quad tracks the subject only by yawing and tilting the gimbal up and down. Its a lot more safer in narrow spaces as the quad stays in one position.
2017-9-13
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-9-13 14:58
POI is the orbit feature. This spark can do orbit with the normal active track.
Spotlight is when the Quad is stationary whilst the subject is in motion. The quad tracks the subject only by yawing and tilting the gimbal up and down. Its a lot more safer in narrow spaces as the quad stays in one position.

Just select object in Active Track and do not press GO and it will stay in place and track your object
2017-9-13
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Pashi Posted at 2017-9-13 21:36
Just select object in Active Track and do not press GO and it will stay in place and track your object

that's really an awesome idea.. nailed it
2017-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great piece of advice!
2017-9-13
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Great ... those nifty "workarounds" should get an extra fixed topic in the forum
2017-9-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hell no.. cant be that easy!!!
You win 'DJI hack 2017' award.
I hope the original OP isnt wanting spotlight mode with moving subject AND moving craft like what the mavic does.
The mavic adds course locking with spotlight mode when both subject and craft is moving. Basically, the yaw movement is disabled and controlled by the craft. The operator can only move in the course lock/headless directions.
2017-9-13
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-9-13 22:38
Hell no.. cant be that easy!!!
You win 'DJI hack 2017' award.
I hope the original OP isnt wanting spotlight mode with moving subject AND moving craft like what the mavic does.

AFAIK, Spark do the same job))) It can be controlled and it holding your object) I know it because when I tried Active Track for the first time I forget to press GO and it tracked me while I controlled it with RC)
2017-9-14
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

This is excellent information.  Might try it next time out.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules