iPhone X with Osmo Mobile
31741 52 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doub1e_R
New
United States

GhostDroneX Posted at 2017-11-24 07:59
I had the iPhone 7 and it worked perfect in a phone case, but the iPhone X will not work in a case with the mobile, it does not recognize it. If you take the phone out of the case it will work. I don't want to have to take my phone out of the case every time I want to film.

Having same issue with my dji Osmo mobile with iPhone X w/case not working. When I take case out it balances fine. Weird. I just bought the Osmo from B.B. for 199.99 and really want to use it for my kids activities. Hopefully there will be some sort of fix soon?
2017-11-25
Use props
fans266ba3e1
New

United States

I use my iPhone in a spigen case with the Osmo Mobile and have no balance issues.
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_0j3DyDb
New

Oman

When will the App (DJI GO) updated to customize iPhone X?

As well the App and phone are not working together for smooth video .. you can notice the stabilisation in the camera trying to help the Osmo but the result is not satisfy
this video explains what I'm saying: youtube.com/watch?v=nkJ-ZJZ4GFI&t=512s
2017-12-12
Use props
fans75a69bfa
New
Czechia

Hi there... today i got OSMO MOBILE and i am using iPhone X. Can someone from DJI team tell me when can be fixed problem with video giggling (
Thanks for answer!
2017-12-22
Use props
TechCrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64088 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Bought a Osmo Mobile before Christmas and its terrible. Now got a Osmo+ on the way to fill the gap between now and receiving  an app update.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans94d6a831
New
Germany

DJI Go crashed everytime
iPhone X and Osmo+
Wifi is connected
2018-1-7
Use props
Albut
New

United Kingdom

So is the dji mobile together with iPhone X jitter Free?
2018-1-16
Use props
jswnz
New
New Zealand

Currently trying to use OSMO + iPhone X... not working well for me. Significant Jitter when using the DJI app. All devices/apps are updated.
The articles I've read about this indicate this is due to OIS being disabled by the DJI app. This causes the OIS hardware mechanism in the iPhone 6+ to the X to freely wobble around when using the OSMO. The OSMO review by iPhonedo on youtube shows this in action.
If you use the iPhone camera app (OIS enabled by default) or a third part app like FiLMiC Pro (you can enable and disable OIS) with OIS enabled ... you notice the jitter is gone. But these apps lack some of the features from the DJI app.
I'm hoping DJI will address this and update their app to allow the user to enable/disable OIS. But until then... rather disappointed with this purchase.
2018-1-24
Use props
TheReem
lvl.2
Germany

Are u sure? Someone told me with OIS enable its even more jitter

How much fps has the front cam? Maybe we can use the Iphone X Face ID Cam.
2018-1-24
Use props
jswnz
New
New Zealand

Yeah, you can see it here:
2018-1-25
Use props
OldFrogger
lvl.1

United States

Where did u/ DJI Mindy go after the initial posting of this problem? The Osmo 2 is now a couple weeks from full launch on the Apple website, and yet there's no mention of software update or addressal of the jitter problem whatsoever.
2018-1-26
Use props
OldFrogger
lvl.1

United States

OldFrogger Posted at 2018-1-26 14:25
Where did u/ DJI Mindy go after the initial posting of this problem? The Osmo 2 is now a couple weeks from full launch on the Apple website, and yet there's no mention of software update or addressal of the jitter problem whatsoever.

EDIT: I guess the V 3.1 software in the new Osmo 2 has compensated for this problem so it is no longer an issue, according to the Osmo 2 part of this forum.

2018-1-26
Use props
Sky Highland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 876867 ft
United States

Following. Lots of trips coming up this summer and we're not sure whether to upgrade to an iPhone X if it's going to bicker with the Osmo Mobile 1. Did the Image Stabilization problem start with the 7? (currently using a 5s with no major problems)
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules