iPhone X with Osmo Mobile
12Next >
31740 52 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOOPDELOOP
lvl.1
Malaysia

Will the new iPhone X's Dual optical image stabilisation work with Osmo Mobile? Or will it still have the wobble effect
2017-9-12
Use props
LOOPDELOOP
lvl.1
Malaysia

Sorry everyone, I was trying to use my mobile phone to post this thread and ended up double posting in the wrong department.  Can't seem to remove the post.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Great question, we are confirming with our engineers about compatibility, will come back to you very soon.
2017-9-12
Use props
jburkett
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, sir, we will do the corresponding test once we get the iPhone X.  Any update will let you know then.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The post in 4# is from our R&D engineers, your patience will be appreciated.
2017-9-19
Use props
Jack46
New

Italy

Is important to me know if wobble effect persist in iphone X, I want buy dji osmo mobile, but only if it's perfetc!!
2017-10-30
Use props
nosrad
New

Australia

jburkett@zackbu Posted at 2017-9-18 20:22
Hi, sir, we will do the corresponding test once we get the iPhone X.  Any update will let you know then.

Hi, is the test performed yet? I am waiting for the same information before buying Osmo Mobile.
2017-11-7
Use props
gijorge
New
United States

The DJI Oslo mobile does not work with the iphone x. I just purchased the osmo mobile in anticipation of a trip i've got coming up. I have the iPhone x and it won't even balance the phone because it does not recognize it. I called DJI and they told me that the Osmo mobile does not work with the iPhone x right now. I hope this gets fixed literally in the next 7 days before i head out.... Pretty disappointed as almost all companies had software updates ready the day the new iPhone x came out. I would expect more out of DJI.
2017-11-7
Use props
Schlemmy
New
Germany

OMG really ??
I ordered the X and i hoped i works on my osmo mobile.
Apple offers the mobile to use on iphones in their shop ....
Did you test it in different film apps or only the dji app. I heared that it is better to use the camera app or for example the filmic app ??

2017-11-8
Use props
Spanky Deluxe
New

United Kingdom

I wouldn't worry too much Schlemmy, I'm here now because I ordered an Osmo Mobile earlier on this afternoon, having just discovered them when I asked my friend whether the video he posted on Facebook while on holiday looked so good because of his new iPhone X or or whether he was using some other software. He replied that most of the magic was from the Osmo Mobile, which I'd never heard about. So footage from an iPhone X attached to an Osmo Mobile filmed two days ago is good enough to make someone who had never heard of the product buy one almost immediately (I'm going on holiday myself next week).
2017-11-8
Use props
Sholamanjo
lvl.1
United States

The osmo Mobil works great with iPhone X... for a week now I have no issues.
2017-11-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I'll guess that you''ll face the same problem I just learned about, however, if you want to use an external microphone. The new iPhones do not have the "pin jack" for external mics.  Instead, there is an adaptor that plugs into the lightening's port that has the pin jack connector on the other end.  I've been told, however, that there is no clearance between the bottom center of the iPhone and the Mobile's arm.
2017-11-9
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I just seen in the Apple Store website, that iPhone X is compatible, but anything from DJI website, which one should I trust?
2017-11-12
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12543 ft
United States

Kune Posted at 2017-11-12 03:33
I just seen in the Apple Store website, that iPhone X is compatible, but anything from DJI website, which one should I trust?

I’m gojng to test out with mine today.  The previous post saying won’t balance is incorrect.  Only issue I had a few days ago when tried was using the dji app I couldn’t pair with Bluetooth.  Trying again today.
2017-11-12
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
United States

Ok I have no clue what the person was doing that said not compatible.  Any phone unless way oversized is going to balance and work with the osmo.  Now how well works with the dji go app is another question.

As far as some dji rep saying not compatible I’m sure that is because not listed on their compatibility list yet as they haven’t tested.

Well I just tested and I was able to pair Bluetooth with the iPhone X and checked video resolution and the dji go app allows up to 4K 30fps.

Do a few quick 2 minute videos walking around house (not ninja walking) and saw no hitter from camera.   Not extensive tests but early results on the iPhone X looked pretty darn good.

There is no option in the dji go app to access the 2x telephoto lense.  That would be nice to see.

Let me know any other testing you would like.
2017-11-12
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
United States

No jitter seen in first test that should say
2017-11-12
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
United States

I also just did 2 tests.  One same loop around house with just the iPhone X and same with osmo.  

The iPhone X image stabilization does a good job removing jerkiness but the osmo version stil more fluid and smoother out.  But the iPhone X stabilization is pretty good on its own.
2017-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

gijorge Posted at 2017-11-7 14:47
The DJI Oslo mobile does not work with the iphone x. I just purchased the osmo mobile in anticipation of a trip i've got coming up. I have the iPhone x and it won't even balance the phone because it does not recognize it. I called DJI and they told me that the Osmo mobile does not work with the iPhone x right now. I hope this gets fixed literally in the next 7 days before i head out.... Pretty disappointed as almost all companies had software updates ready the day the new iPhone x came out. I would expect more out of DJI.

Why won't it balance when you can't connect?
I use my Osmo Mobile all the time without connecting.
Only when I use the DJI Go app I connect.

So if it won't balance, that is another issue (it might be an issue, but not because you can't connect).
Or am I missing something?
2017-11-12
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fans9c9a7d66 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:28
I also just did 2 tests.  One same loop around house with just the iPhone X and same with osmo.  

The iPhone X image stabilization does a good job removing jerkiness but the osmo version stil more fluid and smoother out.  But the iPhone X stabilization is pretty good on its own.

Thanks for the info!!

I was wondering if the active-tracking  is working with iPhone X? and 4k?

2017-11-12
Use props
marketing0
New
United States

Jitter, or OIS problem isn't isolated to newer iPhones. Following App & iOS update a significant change in quality of footage has become blatantly evident on 6S. Can't quite get a conformation as to which update (Apple or DJI) is to blame for this, but there is absolutely a degradation in quality and it WAS NOT due to any hardware issues. Unfortunately, the situation has rendered the device practically useless for any panning shots and less-than-deal for simple forward motion/walking shots. DJI's "Ninja Walk" suggestion is a complete joke because I am convinced through archival footage that I didn't change my walk; most definitely the result of updated software. A ploy to "encourage" adoption of new equipment? Certainly smells like it. I wish I could just select the versions of iOS or DJI Go and lock it the versions that work for me. Can't say I'd recommend DJI any longer and at one point last year, I'd have had the opposite opinion. Shame.
2017-11-13
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
United States

As mentioned above.  DJI GO app gives you access on the iPhone X up to 4k 30fps.

I am not experiencing any wobble/jitter issues (limited to about 5 30 second clips so not extensively tested - but appears better than my iPhone 6 plus).

Stabilizes much better than my iPhone 6 plus.

ActiveTrack works well.
2017-11-14
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
United States

marketing0 Posted at 2017-11-13 11:32
Jitter, or OIS problem isn't isolated to newer iPhones. Following App & iOS update a significant change in quality of footage has become blatantly evident on 6S. Can't quite get a conformation as to which update (Apple or DJI) is to blame for this, but there is absolutely a degradation in quality and it WAS NOT due to any hardware issues. Unfortunately, the situation has rendered the device practically useless for any panning shots and less-than-deal for simple forward motion/walking shots. DJI's "Ninja Walk" suggestion is a complete joke because I am convinced through archival footage that I didn't change my walk; most definitely the result of updated software. A ploy to "encourage" adoption of new equipment? Certainly smells like it. I wish I could just select the versions of iOS or DJI Go and lock it the versions that work for me. Can't say I'd recommend DJI any longer and at one point last year, I'd have had the opposite opinion. Shame.

marketing0 -

Why would jitter caused by iPhone and firmware combination last year be a ploy by DJI to get you to buy new equipment.....especially being there is no new equipment it is the same DJI Osmo Mobile selling today.
2017-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

marketing0 Posted at 2017-11-13 11:32

Did you try Movie Pro?
I know it is a paid app, but rather cheap and great manual shooting
I had no issues after the last few iOS updates.
I am up to date (11.1.1)
2017-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans9c9a7d66 Posted at 2017-11-14 06:05
As mentioned above.  DJI GO app gives you access on the iPhone X up to 4k 30fps.

I am not experiencing any wobble/jitter issues (limited to about 5 30 second clips so not extensively tested - but appears better than my iPhone 6 plus).

Thanks for the info.
Do you have some footage online?
2017-11-14
Use props
fans2f18d86d
New
United States

any idea on 4k60 support?
2017-11-14
Use props
RyinAZ
New
United States

The app and Osmo has NOT been tested by DJI. I spent an hour on chat with support only to find out that firmware updates and everything else don't fix the compatibility issue.  Firmware update failed and then when I got it done through computer the gimbal works but the app is broken.
2017-11-14
Use props
Jeandarly 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 923648 ft
Denmark

I Will test that Friday d.17.11.2017
2017-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jeandarly 1 Posted at 2017-11-16 12:24
I Will test that Friday d.17.11.2017

Let us know!
2017-11-16
Use props
fans9c9a7d66
lvl.1
United States

How does the App fail?  I have been using mine with DJI Go app just fine.  No issues at all with iPhone X.  Just because DJI hasn't tested doesn't mean it doesn't work.  What fails for you?

I am running ios 11.1.1, IPhone X, and latest Osmo Mobile firmware.

No issues to report.
2017-11-16
Use props
Jeandarly 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 923648 ft
Denmark

I have now testet Osmo Mobile with my iPhone X , it works great all over, i have no problem at all
2017-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jeandarly 1 Posted at 2017-11-17 03:01
I have now testet Osmo Mobile with my iPhone X , it works great all over, i have no problem at all

Nice.
Do you have something online already?
2017-11-17
Use props
fans627a2f43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127126 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get the same OIS jitter/jelly effect with my iPhone X and Osmo Mobile.  I think it’s fundamentally incompatible with iPhones from 7 onwards, with OIS.  I’ll run around the house and see if I can upload something.
2017-11-17
Use props
Nv1ncible
New
United States

fans627a2f43 Posted at 2017-11-17 08:15
I get the same OIS jitter/jelly effect with my iPhone X and Osmo Mobile.  I think it’s fundamentally incompatible with iPhones from 7 onwards, with OIS.  I’ll run around the house and see if I can upload something.

Please post some footage if you don't mind, I'd really like to see how severe the jitter effect is. I have a DJI Osmo Mobile that I use with my Pixel XL, and want to know if moving to the iPhone X will render my Osmo useless.
2017-11-17
Use props
HoniQKekzZ
lvl.1
Germany

I would like to have 4K Videos with 60 FPS for smooth Videos. Is there any update we will get?
2017-11-22
Use props
TheDon
Captain
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

So, does it work well or not? Is jittering present? Planning to buy an osmo mobile . Thx
2017-11-23
Use props
fansbb20a1f0
lvl.2
United Kingdom

4k 60fps pleaseeeeee!
2017-11-24
Use props
djiuser_DZFecQi
lvl.1
Singapore

Hope that dji go is update for IPhone X. Does the DJI Osmo Mobile cause jitter for iphone X?
2017-11-24
Use props
joanvm 6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038698 ft
Spain

TheDon Posted at 2017-11-23 12:03
So, does it work well or not? Is jittering present? Planning to buy an osmo mobile . Thx

Apparently the problem with IOS devices is still present using osmo with iPhone X, I was going to buy the osmo mobile, but after watching many videos online I’ll wait to see if it gets fixed somehow, although I think it’s not going to happen.

https://youtu.be/nkJ-ZJZ4GFI
2017-11-24
Use props
GhostDroneX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68917 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9c9a7d66 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:19
Ok I have no clue what the person was doing that said not compatible.  Any phone unless way oversized is going to balance and work with the osmo.  Now how well works with the dji go app is another question.

As far as some dji rep saying not compatible I’m sure that is because not listed on their compatibility list yet as they haven’t tested.

I had the iPhone 7 and it worked perfect in a phone case, but the iPhone X will not work in a case with the mobile, it does not recognize it. If you take the phone out of the case it will work. I don't want to have to take my phone out of the case every time I want to film.
2017-11-24
Use props
djiuser_DZFecQi
lvl.1
Singapore

I had email movie pro developer. They are integrating osmo in their next version 7.0!!!
2017-11-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules