Gimbal not working
4317 25 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Ukraine

Hi everyone,
I saw that a lot of Mavic Pro users, got the same problem I have.
Since the last firmware, the camera remain facing the drone, I've tried to calibrate the gimbal, but, the calibrating remain and do not move from the 5%, and after 10 minutes or so, i got a pop up with a message, calibration failed.
I have the message, Motor overloaded, check the gimbal clamp, and sometimes the message is the camera is obstructed. In the DJI Go 4, I see The gimbal status is Restarting, but still not working at all. the camera make move when I start the Mavic Pro, but the camera block facing the drone, and not responding.

Sad, because I bought this Mavic only ! month qgo, and I only had like 3 or 4 flight with it. Dunno if its because this Mavic gor short legs, and the gimbal its always near the ground at the take of and landing, or maybe a very bad gimbal quality, I can't say, what i can say its that a lot of Mavic Pro users got the same problem that I have.

If abyone have a idea about what to do to make this camera back to normal, I'll be happy to read and try anything. It's some kind of annoying to have a new drone which it's not working well.
I have also a Phantom 4, that I bought 9 month ago, and I had more than 30 flights with it, and so far, I am very happy, I never had any trouble with this Phantom. It seems that the Phantom quality it's way over the Mavic Pro quality.

Here I attach a pict of the Mavic Pro gimbal.

Enjoy your flight.

IMG_9316.JPG.jpeg
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry about this. Did you have hard landing before? Please contact the support to send it in for diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-13
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-13 03:18
I'm sorry about this. Did you have hard landing before? Please contact the support to send it in for diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support

Hi Susan,
thank you for your concern.
Nope, no hard landing.

But, today, I was trying again with the Magic Pro to calibrate de gimbal, and no success at all, gimbal still looking back, same as you can see on the picture I joined, but, because there is always a but or two , I took my air blow pipette, its a little manual air blow photographer use to clean a lens, and I blowed she air in every corner of the gimbal, and guess what? the gimbal and cam back to work!!! I even flew the Mavic today a little bit to test everything about the gimbal, and it was working very well.

So, or something was in some corner making the gimbal get crazy, or I just lucky, or it's gimbal last breath before death.

I always though that the Magic Pro got too much short legs, and too often his nose in the grass or other eye;ents, and this do not help the good work of the gimbal.

Anyway, let's see in the few next day, if everything still going good, or not. I will update this post.

2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DavidEcZ Posted at 2017-9-13 06:41
Hi Susan,
thank you for your concern.
Nope, no hard landing.

Good to hear about that, so now the gimbal is working well, right? Please test more, contact us if the issue reproduced. Thank you and have a nice day.
2017-9-13
Use props
chub1962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644915 ft
Australia

David,
I had a similar issue and it has been sent for warranty repair here in Australia.  Annoying as it is obviously a software issue.  I managed to calibrate it a few times (where  it failed many times) but as soon as I turned it off and back on, same errors.  I did not want to send it away, but I hadn't read of anyone else having the exact same problem (Motor overloaded, check the gimbal clamp).  I will let you know if there is any progress.  I would rather just get mine back if there is a firmware fix.
regards,
Carl.
2017-9-13
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Ukraine

Hi Everyone,
the problem to me to send the Mavic for a repair to DJI, it's that I live in Ukraine, I bought this Mavic Pro in internet, www.fnac.com its a French electronic, book, chain shop, early August 2017, and when the Mavic arrive here in Ukraine via DHL, I had to paid extra $300 for tax !!! Ukraine it's not like Western Europe or USA where it's easy to buy anything, and when it's for personal use, you even do not have tax to pay, but here in east of Europe, for anything, you have to open your wallet.

So, if I send the Magic for repair, I can assure you, that at the moment it will bee back to me, I will have to pay the same tax I already paid, and even if I show the bill I paid, they will find anything to make me pay again.

Today I will go to flight it again and see if the gimbal work properly, maybe it was just only some dust which make the gimbal crazy.
Like I said I use a photographer air blow pipette, and everything back at normal.

@ Chub1962, you maybe should try this, maybe you it will work for you too?
It's frustrating, annoying, when we have issue with our drones, we are so useless in front of this kind of problem.

I join a link of the tool I used to make a clean in the gimbal compartment and little corner.
https://i2.cdscdn.com/pdt2/9/5/6 ... ffleur-air-bros.jpg

@ DJI Thor, yes the gimbal work fine again. I will flight today and see if still working. I will update here.
2017-9-13
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Sounds like to me, that the MP sucked up some detritus into the gimbal area. You are aware that there in an air intake right behind the gimbal for the cooling fan. I always use a landing pad if I am taking off from grass or dirt. Taking off from a hard surface should be ok, provided it isn't dirty. Sweep it off it is. You are lucky that the gimbal motor didn't burn out, trying to get itself set right.
2017-9-14
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Ukraine

Well, I just came back from a flight with the Mavic, I've been in the country side near the Dniper river, and everything going well. So I guess it was some dirt in some dark corner which was making the gimbal attitude a little crazy.
So, I just can say that I am happy
@Locoman, HELLO... Yes the Landing Pad seems mandatory with this short legs drone. I will use one from now.
Let me share a picture of today flight.

Saint Nicholas Church

Saint Nicholas Church
2017-9-14
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Beautiful picture!
2017-9-14
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Ukraine

Thank you Paul.I see that you have goggle for your Mavic Paul. I have the plan to buy one of them, will you advice to buy these goggle?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chub1962 Posted at 2017-9-13 20:12
David,
I had a similar issue and it has been sent for warranty repair here in Australia.  Annoying as it is obviously a software issue.  I managed to calibrate it a few times (where  it failed many times) but as soon as I turned it off and back on, same errors.  I did not want to send it away, but I hadn't read of anyone else having the exact same problem (Motor overloaded, check the gimbal clamp).  I will let you know if there is any progress.  I would rather just get mine back if there is a firmware fix.
regards,

Carl, is there any case number can be offered? I'd like to help you.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DavidEcZ Posted at 2017-9-14 08:14
Well, I just came back from a flight with the Mavic, I've been in the country side near the Dniper river, and everything going well. So I guess it was some dirt in some dark corner which was making the gimbal attitude a little crazy.
So, I just can say that I am happy
@Locoman, HELLO... Yes the Landing Pad seems mandatory with this short legs drone. I will use one from now.

Thanks for keeping us posted. The picture looks great! Enjoy it!
2017-9-15
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

DavidEcZ Posted at 2017-9-14 22:17
Thank you Paul.I see that you have goggle for your Mavic Paul. I have the plan to buy one of them, will you advice to buy these goggle?

I LOVE my Goggles. In fact, I wanted a Mavic as soon as they came out but waited until the goggles came out before buying. The goggles give me an immersive experience when flying and I don't think I'd enjoy my Mavic half as much without them.

I've had zero issues with the goggles since I've had them. They are comfortable to wear, easy to configure and the battery lasts for about 4 hours before needing recharged. I normally wear glasses, but for some weird reason, I don't need them with the goggles. But the goggles are designed to fit if you do wear glasses.

The goggles are one of those things that, when you get them, you'll kick yourself for not getting them sooner. It truly takes your flying to another level.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2017-9-15 07:24
I LOVE my Goggles. In fact, I wanted a Mavic as soon as they came out but waited until the goggles came out before buying. The goggles give me an immersive experience when flying and I don't think I'd enjoy my Mavic half as much without them.

I've had zero issues with the goggles since I've had them. They are comfortable to wear, easy to configure and the battery lasts for about 4 hours before needing recharged. I normally wear glasses, but for some weird reason, I don't need them with the goggles. But the goggles are designed to fit if you do wear glasses.

A nice review on the Goggles. Certainly I can see how they add to the pleasure of flying.
2017-9-15
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Ukraine

Paul_IA Posted at 2017-9-15 07:24

Thank you for your comment about the goggles Paul, I will definitely go for it very soon.
2017-9-15
Use props
chub1962
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 01:52

Thanks Susan.

The case number is CAS-973512-S9R0M1

regards,
Carl.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chub1962 Posted at 2017-9-17 18:28
Thanks Susan.

The case number is CAS-973512-S9R0M1

Per the case log, the drone has been repaired. Our colleagues have contacted you to confirm the further steps, please reply her directly. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
2017-9-21
Use props
chub1962
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-21 03:18
Per the case log, the drone has been repaired. Our colleagues have contacted you to confirm the further steps, please reply her directly. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.

Many thanks Susan. I am very happy to hear that.

Regards,
Carl
2017-9-21
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DavidEcZ Posted at 2017-9-13 22:05
Hi Everyone,
the problem to me to send the Mavic for a repair to DJI, it's that I live in Ukraine, I bought this Mavic Pro in internet, www.fnac.com its a French electronic, book, chain shop, early August 2017, and when the Mavic arrive here in Ukraine via DHL, I had to paid extra $300 for tax !!! Ukraine it's not like Western Europe or USA where it's easy to buy anything, and when it's for personal use, you even do not have tax to pay, but here in east of Europe, for anything, you have to open your wallet.

Dear DavidEcZ,

Welcome to the club. I know exactly what you are saying. I am from Brazil and things for us are thougher.
I am glad you managed your issue.
Good luck!
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chub1962 Posted at 2017-9-21 04:11
Many thanks Susan. I am very happy to hear that.

Regards,

You are welcome. Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.
2017-9-26
Use props
chub1962
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-26 02:44
You are welcome. Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.

Thanks again for your assistance.  Replacement drone has arrived yesterday and I have upgraded FW.  All appears good.

Carl
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chub1962 Posted at 2017-9-27 20:47
Thanks again for your assistance.  Replacement drone has arrived yesterday and I have upgraded FW.  All appears good.

Carl

Nice to hear that everything works well. Have a nice weekend.
2017-9-30
Use props
jimmylam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 684820 ft
Hong Kong

Hi David, I got exactly the same problem you did. I sent it back to DJI (Hong Kong) for repair. They gave me the quote today for US$100 for repairing. Should I accept it or just follow you advice to clean the dust?
2017-9-30
Use props
jimmylam
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hi David, I got exactly the same problem you did. I sent it back to DJI (Hong Kong) for repair. They gave me the quote today for US$100 for repairing. Should I accept it or just follow you advice to clean the dust?
2017-9-30
Use props
jimmylam
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 01:52

HI Susan

I just got the quota from DJI (Hong Kong) for repairing. It is US$100. Should I go ahead or try the method as suggested by David?

Thank you for y our advice.

Regards

Jimmy
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jimmylam Posted at 2017-9-30 07:04
HI Susan

I just got the quota from DJI (Hong Kong) for repairing. It is US$100. Should I go ahead or try the method as suggested by David?

Jimmy, could you tell me your case number? I'd like to check the case status.
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules