1378 14 2015-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

http://www.dji.com/
Just ahead of the big NAB show, DJI has some announcmentes planned for Apri 8th. I "wonder" if one of these would be a Phantom 2 replacement along the lines of the Inspire 1? 4K for the masses?
2015-4-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Maybe they will call it the "wunderBird"
2015-4-3
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Inspire 1 mini - aka phantom 3?? Maybe?
2015-4-3
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Hmm...makes you wonder what they are up to.   Didn't someone just post a link to something along those lines?  A new phantom with the cam of the inspire.  Or was that an April fool thing?
2015-4-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-4 01:42
Hmm...makes you wonder what they are up to.   Didn't someone just post a link to something along tho ...

The mini P3 was an April fools joke i guess but the 8 April is not a joke, they will release a new copter. Look at DJIs own Videos
2015-4-3
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-4-4 01:58
The mini P3 was an April fools joke i guess but the 8 April is not a joke, they will release a new ...

Which videos?  
2015-4-3
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

I for one am pissed, I just bought this thing
2015-4-3
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-4 02:13

Just because they are introducing a new quad probably, doesn't mean you will want it right away.  Let the kinks get worked out first while you enjoy your Phantom.

GAS is a terrible thing to suffer from!  (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

ETA: I was going to add that in the acronym thread but didn't want to get snapped at for it.
2015-4-3
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Tr,

Don't be pissed. It's called progress. Whatever it ends up being they'll be working out all of the kinks for the next year. Giving us plenty of time to learn how to fly the ones we got. Then in a year or so we can upgraded to the "new" old one and the cycle can start all over again. That's just the way I look at it anyway.

Jerry
2015-4-3
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-4 02:13

There is always something just around the corner.
2015-4-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Yep,
And I have no regrets with mine and would buy again, that said, with all the announcements coming if I need another there will be choices and that is what we as consumers want, choices!
2015-4-3
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it means the phantom 3 Bigger/Faster/Better
2015-4-3
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-4 03:48
Yep,
And I have no regrets with mine and would buy again, that said, with all the announcements comi ...

You say choices I say options.  I have always said this - even in the worst of circumstances, if you have options it is not that bad.  It is when you have no options that you are stuck with what you have.  So the same can apply here - if there is a viable option - choice - then all is good and you are not stuck at all.  If one isn't to your liking, there is always another, or another, as is the case at this particular moment with at least three companies on the verge of announcing a new quad.

I love my Phantom and even if I got another one, my Phantom would still be in the air, just like my Hubsan is.  I find myself very quickly addicted to this new hobby I know so little of but am a sponge when it comes to knowledge.
2015-4-3
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I plan on waiting some time before buying any new drone for the bugs to get worked out.
Edit because the first version sounded way more harsh than I intended. I am really excited to see what DJI announces.

2015-4-3
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Uh - let's see. DJI introduced their Vision+ at NAB last year. They discounted their existing line for months (on tues and wed) and then went into a full time spring discount right afterwards.....

It makes sense...that they would follow a similar route as they did in years past.

The only thing we don't know is what the product is. We could guess. I'm betting on a lower end unit with possible upgrades to make it a middle-end unit....and maybe an upgraded cam or two for the Inspire?

It would seem crazy for them to come out with anything that steals Inspire sales, but who knows? In some way their biggest competitor is themselves. On the other hand it's starting to look like drone sales do have limits....the lack of places to fly is going to put some pressure on the market. If that's the case they are best off selling more expensive models. If they think everyone is going to pick one up, then the <$1000 models make a lot of sense.
2015-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules