3682 16 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have the Inspire 2 X5S and I am patiently waiting for the OSMO handle.  

Does anyone have any idea when this might be please?

Thanks.

2017-9-13
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

the sooner the better. cant wait!!
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jon, sorry that Osmo handle is not compatible with X5S and X4S no matter in hardware or software.
We don't have this plan at the moment, please pay attention to our website about the future release, thank you.
2017-9-13
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Indeed they will never come to the Osmo family and this is really sad. While I haven't seen both the X5s and X4s a DJI Staff explained to me that all the image processing and recording is not done IN the module itself but within the drone.  So, unless the Osmo handle comes in the future with a card reader and image processing unit, we won't see it happen anytime soon.
2017-9-14
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think they will eventually release an Osmo 2 but it won't be with the current X4s/X5s. The size and cost would be  too much for the consumer. Clearly the X5s and x4s where made with the I2 in mind. The cameras will probably be redesigned x5s/x4s. However that would suck for those that already have an I2.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Cephas Posted at 2017-9-15 06:40
I think they will eventually release an Osmo 2 but it won't be with the current X4s/X5s. The size and cost would be  too much for the consumer. Clearly the X5s and x4s where made with the I2 in mind. The cameras will probably be redesigned x5s/x4s. However that would suck for those that already have an I2.

There already is an Osmo Plus among other variations of the Osmo product. Certainly if the camera is first rate, it can always be a consideration.
2017-9-19
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 21:16
Jon, sorry that Osmo handle is not compatible with X5S and X4S no matter in hardware or software.
We don't have this plan at the moment, please pay attention to our website about the future release, thank you.

I just watched this DJI video about Hyperlapsing.  What camera is this on the OSMO?  It sure looks like a X5S.
x5sosmo.JPG
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blackwood Posted at 2017-11-6 12:38
I just watched this DJI video about Hyperlapsing.  What camera is this on the OSMO?  It sure looks like a X5S.

Sir, it looks like X5R, X5S is not compatible with Osmo yet. Can you please post the link of video here?
2017-11-8
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 02:33
Sir, it looks like X5R, X5S is not compatible with Osmo yet. Can you please post the link of video here?

OK, I see the flat module under the camera now.  I didn't catch that when I watched the video before.  What threw me off is that the producer is using an Inspire 2 with the X5S for his aerials.

Here is the link to the video.  Beautiful Hyperlapse videos using an Inspire 2.

2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blackwood Posted at 2017-11-8 08:36
OK, I see the flat module under the camera now.  I didn't catch that when I watched the video before.  What threw me off is that the producer is using an Inspire 2 with the X5S for his aerials.

Here is the link to the video.  Beautiful Hyperlapse videos using an Inspire 2.

Yes, it is Osmo RAW in the video.
The producer is very professional on shooting, very impressive.
2017-11-9
Use props
fansa4000201
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I bought the Inspire X5S system because the DJI website said there was an OSMO attachment soon to be released for the X5S. It wasn't speculation, there were images of it on the website. I would have saved money and bought the Inspire 1 with the X5R if I had known that DJI was going to kill the X5S Osmo. I'm really disappointed.
2018-2-6
Use props
Ocdiver30
New
Flight distance : 84278 ft
United States

fansa4000201 Posted at 2018-2-6 17:23
I bought the Inspire X5S system because the DJI website said there was an OSMO attachment soon to be released for the X5S. It wasn't speculation, there were images of it on the website. I would have saved money and bought the Inspire 1 with the X5R if I had known that DJI was going to kill the X5S Osmo. I'm really disappointed.

I’m also very, very disappointed with DJI, I’ve had my Inspire 2 for over a year now and still no handle of any sort, even thought they advertise that it would soon come.  I put my trust a pro consumer of DJI in a product that was not cheep, over $3,000+  I should have gone with my instinct, when I saw there “movie advertisement for the Inspire 2” they use wood blocks!! to hold the intire inspire 2 as a handle. Such cheep production.

Unless they come up with what they promised the I2 will be the last product I spend over 3k on With DJI.
2018-2-26
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a feeling DJI has abandoned the idea of an successor to the Osmo Pro. DJI seems to be focusing on drones and gimbals. If I don’t see anything by summer I’ll be replacing my Osmo Pro with ronin-s combined with GH5s. I’ve waited long enough.
2018-2-26
Use props
Mike B from SC
New

United States

Cephas Posted at 2018-2-26 18:51
I have a feeling DJI has abandoned the idea of an successor to the Osmo Pro. DJI seems to be focusing on drones and gimbals. If I don’t see anything by summer I’ll be replacing my Osmo Pro with ronin-s combined with GH5s. I’ve waited long enough.

I just decided to check the boards here to find out the same info. I'm a realtor & have been wanting to use the X5 W/the Olympus M Zuiko 7-14MM to use in houses. I've been using the Phantom 4 since it came out and have been patiently & or impatiently waiting for the correct combination of gear to accomplish what I want. I'm sad to read the most recent updates which are indicating that this product is perhaps not forthcoming. This is such a bummer, as it seems to me that a quality handheld is the product most wanted in the marketplace, and DJI seems like they would be the ones to do it. Why in the world wouldn't they? I agree with a few of these other recent posts. I'm ready to bail on DJI and figure out a solution elsewhere. Anybody have any recommendations one what combination of gear I'd want to assemble to do handheld video, with a camera/gimbal that can accommodate the Olympus M Zuiko 7-14mm? I really want that lens.
2018-2-27
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the image here so I won't. But there has been leaks and it looks like our years of waiting is finally about to pay off
2019-3-27
Use props
fans620a69aa
New
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

DJI how much longer on the X5S osmo?
2019-12-9
Use props
fans620a69aa
New
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 21:16

How much longer on the X5S osmo?
2019-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules