AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-9-15 17:40
Have to agree---what happened to Ken?

I'll PM you.
2017-9-15
Use props
fansb43154bf
New

United States

Wow, I am surprised alot of you rec pilots are unaware of the law. Truly amazing But this is the FAA Code and Regs.ALL Drone pilots whether unlicensed or licensed 107 pilots MUST adhere to FAA Regulations AT ALL TIMES. It is redundant to even think becasue
you are a rec pilot that you are exempt from ALL FAA REGULATIONS as you are most certainly not!!
You Must adhere to Night flying regulations and may never fly at night unless you file for a Dalight Waiver, 107.29 and get approved and then only in the area designated on waiver. No matter what scope of pilot you are, it is essential to KNOW and UNDERSTAND all relevant FAA regulations
2020-6-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

fansb43154bf Posted at 6-6 13:14
Wow, I am surprised alot of you rec pilots are unaware of the law. Truly amazing But this is the FAA Code and Regs.ALL Drone pilots whether unlicensed or licensed 107 pilots MUST adhere to FAA Regulations AT ALL TIMES. It is redundant to even think becasue
you are a rec pilot that you are exempt from ALL FAA REGULATIONS as you are most certainly not!!
You Must adhere to Night flying regulations and may never fly at night unless you file for a Dalight Waiver, 107.29 and get approved and then only in the area designated on waiver. No matter what scope of pilot you are, it is essential to KNOW and UNDERSTAND all relevant FAA regulations

From the FAA "Drone Zone" website:
https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/

Item #6:  Do not fly at night unless your drone has lighting that allows you to know its location and orientation at all times.

As for the question asked earlier in this thread "Who flies at night?"  Me.
One of the primary reasons I bought my drone was for filming my music synchronized Christmas light show.  For doing so, most of the time I will have the drone at somewhere between 5 and 15 feet elevation and no more than 50 feet from my driveway where I will be controlling it from.  Does not take much lighting to be able to see it.  A few shots might be from around 50 feet up, but that is about it.
As a secondary purpose, I shoot professional fireworks shows on the side.  I expect to use the drone to shoot video of fireworks setup and shows.
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules