Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why doesn't the forum allow me to have friends?
12Next >
2688 54 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

I have people asking me to be friends on the DJI Forum (and thank you all for asking), however when I accept their friend invite, it says I am not allowed to have any more than 10 friends.  
WHY???
Is it the hat?  
Is it the awesom tropical suntan?
Or is it the "yes, I chase my neighbor's dogs with my P4P" smile that prohibits me from having friends?
2017-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Maybe you need to have more forum points first.

Have you ever checked your forum status allowances?
Go to your home page, and click Reminders, then at the top System Reminds.
There you can see what is allowed to your level.

J/K Yup, I see where it says, No Straw Hats or Spray On tans... Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

It's the HAT, hands down the hat...it's too small, if you switch to an Asian Sun Hat then you will be able to have 15 friends...

However, maybe DJI does not want you to become king here with more than 10...your likable disposition could cause you to become friends with everyone and then you could turn them against DJI...uhmmm conspiracy or hat, which could it be...
2017-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 12:02
It's the HAT, hands down the hat...it's too small, if you switch to an Asian Sun Hat then you will be able to have 15 friends...

However, maybe DJI does not want you to become king here with more than 10...your likable disposition could cause you to become friends with everyone and then you could turn them against DJI...uhmmm conspiracy or hat, which could it be...

Only tin foil hats are acceptable anyway.

By the way, you can use the drone to walk that dog, now a days.... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-13 12:04
Only tin foil hats are acceptable anyway.

Well see, there ya have it...
2017-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 12:06
Well see, there ya have it...

I hear that the beanie with rotor prop atop, were banned.... He he

RedHotPoker
2017-9-13
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-13 11:57
Maybe you need to have more forum points first.

Have you ever checked your forum status allowances?

LOL, HEY!!! This is an imported tan.  I had to fly to the other side of the planet to bring it home with me.  And now that its fading, I'll have to go back in a few months and get another one!  hahaha.
2017-9-13
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 12:02

LOL, ah... you found my "Patriotic Insurgent" profile, huh?  
LOL, that was years ago.  Actually, the hat IS MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES.  It doesn't matter if you wear the Asian farmer's hat or this one, if you're 6ft tall, you stick out like a sore thumb no matter what you wear.
2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-13 12:11
I hear that the beanie with rotor prop atop, were banned.... He he

Crap and I just got one too...
2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-13 12:44
LOL, ah... you found my "atriotic Insurgent" profile, huh?  
LOL, that was years ago.  Actually, the hat IS MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES.  It doesn't matter if you wear the Asian farmer's hat or this one, if you're 6ft tall, you stick out like a sore thumb no matter what you wear.

See that's the problem...you are a giant amongst men...
2017-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

"Don't kick that hat, there's somebody underneath it " Lol....

Maybe you need more points.
2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

OK seriously for a sec...
I looked in the Reminder/Permissions that you can do/have/allow
It only states "Allow Add friends" checked yes or no...there is no number restrictions associated with it.
Meaning you are either being restricted on purpose or there is a glitch in the system.  Since I'm not that likable I don't have more than 10 so I can't tell you if this is an arbitrary number or what...
I'm sure more likable folks here can verify this one way or another...
2017-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 13:26
OK seriously for a sec...
I looked in the Reminder/Permissions that you can do/have/allow
It only states "Allow Add friends" checked yes or no...there is no number restrictions associated with it.

I have 202 forum friends. But I'm not very likable either.... ;-)

Go figure??  Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-13
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 13:03

"giant among men"... Hey, was that in reference to my secret past or how short everyone is in the Philippines?  Seriously... I really DO WISH I could blend in...
2017-9-13
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-13 13:33
I have 202 forum friends. But I'm not very likable either.... ;-)

Go figure??  Haha

A lot of them are banned - you should choose your friends more carefully!

2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-13 13:36
"giant among men"... Hey, was that in reference to my secret past or how short everyone is in the Philippines?  Seriously... I really DO WISH I could blend in...

Well it appears the deck is stacked against you...if you no longer have a secret about having a secret past then blending in is likely to be the least of your worries, just sayin.
Really Filipinos are height challenged, who knew...
2017-9-13
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 13:03

Yeah... your video on India Scammers has over 180,000 views now.  Now if they'd just watch your other videos, maybe the troops would... you know what, I'm not going there.  hahaha.

I'm a fan.  You've always been a leader among the brave.  Anyone who scuba dives with a frozen bagel tied to his tank is nobody to be reckoned with!
2017-9-13
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-13 13:48

Blah ha ha...that's funny...he's got you there!
2017-9-13
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Hey, I got banned for having the same IP as my dad.  how come I'm not your... oh yeah... that brings me right back to my original post...
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, it is related to your points. More points you own, more permission will be released.
2017-9-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

He chose me as a friend. I don't plan on being banned anytime soon hahahaha
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 01:01
Yes, it is related to your points. More points you own, more permission will be released.

Exactly where is that written and what is the matrix that lays out total number per point level?  We would like to have a specific reference please.
2017-9-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-14 01:45
Exactly where is that written and what is the matrix that lays out total number per point level?  We would like to have a specific reference please.

Go to your personal home page (Hover over your Avatar at top right of this page). At the lower left hand side of page chose 'Reminders' from the list. This will open up another 'Reminders' page. Near the top of this page you will see 'System Reminders', click on this and it might give you the information you require.
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Not my choosing, if they request my friendship, I ususlly always accept.  Online friends? Like it matters to you, who I disassociate from or frolic with. So have I requested your friendship, & How short will you be staying? Much longer... Haha
Sometimes voicing an opinion or idea can cause negative reaction. Yes, those iterations were banned. But you know several of those "characters", signed up for new accounts and are still very active on this forum. Most people today have multiple computers, and an array of digital devices. So creating a new avatar and handle, are conveniently at your fingertips.

Besides, this isn't a soap box to discuss the subjects that got them disqualified...

Keep Your nose clean, and I mean that in the most polite way possible. ;-)
I'm sure you know what I meant. Eh? Ha

Happy to have you here though. There are a lot of other well meaning folks such as yourself, that keep the forum interesting, while running along at a nice pace, most enjoyable.
If people get evicted, or chose to move their activity across the street to a different gathering place, they aren't missed for long.  By the way, Banishment doesn't need to be forever and one day.  It can be a couple or several weeks, or a couple of months. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-13 13:49
Blah ha ha...that's funny...he's got you there!

He "got" me? No, nothing was gotten here...  

Idle chatter, forum banter, doesn't have much smack. I happen to like Social commentary.
It's also making conversation, & not felt as an insult or put down, to me.
I can also delete, "missing in action" pilots... But in their memory, those place holders are left, as is.

Shoot from the hip, but please don't take potshots. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-9-14 01:44
He chose me as a friend. I don't plan on being banned anytime soon hahahaha

What? Are you still here. Haha

I've Been missing, kidding with you, and watching more awesome new, sky-scraping videos.  ;-)

PM sent...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-13 13:55
Hey, I got banned for having the same IP as my dad.  how come I'm not your... oh yeah... that brings me right back to my original post...

Yes you did.

You are so... Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-14 07:15
Yes you did.

You are so... Ha

Yes... the legacy of my family.  It haunts me day and night.  LOL
2017-9-14
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-14 06:56
Not my choosing, if they request my friendship, I ususlly always accept.  Online friends? Like it matters to you, who disassociate from or frolic with. So have I requested your friendship, & How short will you be staying? Much longer... Haha
Sometimes voicing an opinion or idea can cause negative reaction. Yes, those iterations were banned. But you know several of those "characters", signed up for new accounts and are still very active on this forum. Most people today have multiple computers, and an array of digital devices. So creating a new avatar and handle, are conveniently at your fingertips.

What puzzles me is why people request friendship, as far as I can see there are no benefits to it other than to keep a link where you can find it, but you could just as easily add a link to your browser favourites where it couldn't be ignored or declined or later rejected and you could also then easily organise it instead of ending up with an unordered list pages long of people you don't remember!
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-14 07:18
Yes... the legacy of my family.  It haunts me day and night.  LOL

It will all be over before we know it.  

Meanwhile, hang on for a wild ride... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-14 07:40
What puzzles me is why people request friendship, as far as I can see there are no benefits to it other than to keep a link where you can find it, but you could just as easily add a link to your browser favourites where it couldn't be ignored or declined or later rejected and you could also then easily organise it instead of ending up with an unordered list pages long of people you don't remember!

Status symbol.  There was a time not long ago, when you couldn't PM another member unless they were attached to a persons friends list, now the PM tab is under everyone's name.

& also new, Please like me. Click the upvote tab... Hehe

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-14 02:29
Go to your personal home page (Hover over your Avatar at top right of this page). At the lower left hand side of page chose 'Reminders' from the list. This will open up another 'Reminders' page. Near the top of this page you will see 'System Reminders', click on this and it might give you the information you require.

Sorry Aardvark as I posted earlier in this thread it only states that you can have threads, it does not state how many you can have at what level or what number of points you must have to have X number.
I personally think that is an absurd rule, if it is indeed the case.  However, if it is then it should be noted somewhere, so I'd like to see that notation as to exactly what it is.
Thank you
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-14 07:06
He "got" me? No, nothing was gotten here...  

Idle chatter, forum banter, doesn't have much smack. I happen to like Social commentary.

RHP
I'm shocked...I thought you had a tougher skin than that???
Ok then sorry to offend...I considered it in good jest!  I didn't realize you and Nigel had some history or something...
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-14 08:55
RHP
I'm shocked...I thought you had a tougher skin than that???
Ok then sorry to offend...I considered it in good jest!  I didn't realize you and Nigel had some history or something...

I'm only making plans for Nigel... Wicked grinhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29RKnB7l7o

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-14 07:51
It will all be over before we know it.  

Meanwhile, hang on for a wild ride... Ha

Yes indeed.  less than a year to go... The world will never be the same.
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-14 11:16
Yes indeed.  less than a year to go... The world will never be the same.

Well Niberu to you too. Hahaha

Are poles going to shift again?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

My apologies to Saskebaby and MrRoberts.  YES, I will accept your friend requests as soon as DJI allows me to.  
2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-14 11:21
Well Niberu to you too. Hahaha

Are poles going to shift again?

I always get Niberu and Pandora mixed up.
Well, at least I use to.  I now have a Pandora Credit card for my wife.  Niberu doesn't accept credit cards.  
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Very Funny!
I had no idea that song even existed...
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-14 13:19
Very Funny!
I had no idea that song even existed...

Got to be a music lover, to keep up with the hits.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules