Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just bought a new shell, need some info.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tyson Foulger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138419 ft

Canada

Hello.
  So i just received a new shell for my P3P and had some questions. First of all I did not buy it from DJI directly. It is the one with the X braces and new tabs. But the vents are smaller than the old shell. Looks as if the old shell has the new big vents and the new has the old small vents. Also, the legs don't have the "bumps" to go in the notches where the legs go on the body. Those are the only 2 things I can seem to see wrong with it so far. It also did not come in a black DJI part box. Is there such thing as a "fake" or "non DJI Phantom 3 shell"? I haven't seen anything about it.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't recommend repairing or modifying the drone because of the flight safety and the maintenance of the warranty. You can send the drone in for repair if there is a need and we will do our best to help this out. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-9-13
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

can you show some pictures of the shell?
2017-9-14
Use props
Tyson Foulger
lvl.2

Canada

Tmygun Posted at 2017-9-14 04:13
can you show some pictures of the shell?

Sorry, I don't know how to add a picture. I'v never used this forum before.
2017-9-14
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tyson Foulger Posted at 2017-9-14 04:53
Sorry, I don't know how to add a picture. I'v never used this forum before.

In the box where you reply........there is a small icon above the text box that says picture.  Transfer a picture from your mobile device/camera to your computer and include it in your post/reply.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Anytime you purchase a third party part,  you may have some issues you had not anticipated on. As stated, it's best off to have a technician look at your aircraft.
2017-9-14
Use props
Tyson Foulger
lvl.2

Canada

Someone told me they never heard of a third party shell, and I cant find anything on it. The only problem with the shell is that the battery vents are smaller. thats no big deal. Has anyone else heard of a third party shell?
2017-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

There's lots of things between the shells that has to be done. Have you looked inside?  It isn't easy. Just a heads up.
2017-9-19
Use props
Tyson Foulger
lvl.2

Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-19 17:20
There's lots of things between the shells that has to be done. Have you looked inside?  It isn't easy. Just a heads up.

Have not looked inside the old one yet no. I'm waiting for some tools to come.
2017-9-19
Use props
danielwilkie29
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, I would highly reccomend Heliguy for this soft of thing: https://www.heliguy.com/dji-uk-repair-centre-i18
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules