Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reduce braking distances
2200 11 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

So, coming from a spark, im used to fairly quick stops where as my Mavic just seems to keep going and going. I realize theres a big difference in inertia, however im fairly confident there is a way to make it stop more aggressively.

I was toying a bit with the Braking gains if I remember correctly and thinking that increasing them will make for a more aggressive stop since cinema mode had them lower.

I didnt really see too much difference, but I didnt increase them to all the way to the max for fear of throwing a parameter out of whack.

What is the proper way to decrease braking distances with more aggressive stops?
2017-9-14
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

Hmmmm going to sound like a dumb question but where do you adjust the "braking gain" ?
2017-9-14
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Be sure you're  not in Cinema Mode.  That will certainly dampen any course/speed changes.
2017-9-14
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-9-14 05:30
Be sure you're  not in Cinema Mode.  That will certainly dampen any course/speed changes.

Its not, I read all about that
Braking gain is under aircraft settings under gain IIRC. Might be under advanced.
2017-9-14
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Good luck,  I haven't noticed any differences in braking speed, but I'm usually filming and flying more slowly anyway.
2017-9-14
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

Braking is under Sensitivity settings in MC Settings > Advanced > Sensitivity > Braking.

You can set it from 50% to 150%, 150% being very aggressive braking, following no input on control sticks.
2017-9-14
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Route77 Posted at 2017-9-14 05:52
Braking is under Sensitivity settings in MC Settings > Advanced > Sensitivity > Braking.

You can set it from 50% to 150%, 150% being very aggressive braking, following no input on control sticks.

Thanks for providing a clear answer to the OPs question!
2017-9-14
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

Route77 Posted at 2017-9-14 05:52

thanks !
2017-9-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Do remember that more aggressive movements (or anti-movements in the case of braking) will put higher stresses on the parts.  I'm not saying to not do it.  I'm saying it will be more wear and tear on the equipment.
2017-9-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

In general hard braking is tough on a quad, the more gradual the stop the better....
2017-9-14
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yup im at 70
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gain settings are under the Advance setting of MC settings. Parameters under Basic Gain indicate how far an aircraft reacts to the remote controller’s command. A greater value indicates a faster response speed and an agile movement. If the values of Gain are too small, the aircraft cannot respond to remote controller’s command swiftly. If the values of Gain are too great, the aircraft may shake. It's not recommended to adjust it if the pilot is not very familiar with the operations. The answer to this question, you can check the sensitive setting for brake first, the other is that don't move the drone that fast.
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules