989 7 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaseyD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8340 ft
United States

Hey all,

I have had my Phantom 3 Standard for a little under a year now and it's definitely been a great experience. I recently took many trips with my girlfriend, two of which were to LA and to the Virgin Islands. I took my film equipment and was looking forward to making some edits from the trip. I'm by no means an expert, in fact I am just taking my first video production class within my university even though I'm a mechanical engineer major.

My problem is that the drone takes killer video, but not pictures. The pictures are so out of focus that they are unusable. I have tried the settings (aspect ratio, manual shooting, file format, etc), I have tried taking pictures with the drone on land, they just come out awful. I looked this up and it seems to have happend to others, but none of the solutions seemed to fit my scenario and often people say to make sure the lens is clean. I have some common sense and I did try on my own both with the drone and searching forums.

Has anyone heard of a solution for this? I can get my software version later if anyone thinks that may be of concern here. Also, I will post the links to the videos from these vacations below filmed in 2.7K rendered down to 1080 with Adobe Premiere (again, amature video and I try to not let filming take up my time relaxing), and also links to the pictures from the drone since they are large RAW files. I rarely use it for pictures and the only other time I tried doing so was when I first got it and I don't THINK they were blurry like this, but I cannot recall completely.

Picture Example 1

Picture Example 2

Picture Example 3

Picture Example 4

Thanks for any help in advance!

2017-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you want a critical appraisal of the photos, then it is best to upload them to Dropbox, where they can be downloaded and viewed in their original form. Are you getting the photos from the SD Card in the aircraft or off your phone/tablet?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to reset the camera settings to check. And also upload the original pictures from SD card for better assistance.
2017-9-14
Use props
CaseyD
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-14 17:30
If you want a critical appraisal of the photos, then it is best to upload them to Dropbox, where they can be downloaded and viewed in their original form. Are you getting the photos from the SD Card in the aircraft or off your phone/tablet?

I will upload them to DropBox, though I assumed Google photos works similarly. I uploaded them there off of the drone via the SD card, not the phone. I'll do that ASAP tomorrow, thanks for the advice.
2017-9-14
Use props
CaseyD
lvl.1
United States

Took forever, I know. Let life get in the way, but am still concerned with this issue as I use the Phantom quite often. Below are links to different uploads from the SD card to DropBox.

Example Picture 1

Example Picture 2

Any help is appreciated. I have reset all options on the camera and searched around for the problem still to no avail.

Thanks in advance!
2017-12-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What resolution,ISO and shutter speed are used for these photos? May be the shutter speed is too slow. Normally the resolution is 4000x3000
2017-12-3
Use props
CaseyD
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-3 13:07
What resolution,ISO and shutter speed are used for these photos? May be the shutter speed is too slow. Normally the resolution is 4000x3000

These are pics from a few months ago, I can't remember but I'll test that theory. Makes sense. but at the time, I went back to out hotel and took a picture with the drone stationary on a table and it still came out blurry.
2017-12-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Try to begin with shutter 1/400 and go op to 1/1000 step by step. Take photos and verify the results together. Use an empty card so you can look the DJI001.DNG or JPG  as 1/400 up to DJI0xx as 1/1000.
Look for the sharpness of these photos and look for the brightness. If the last photos too dark then go backward to the photo with the best quality and use that shutter speed.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules