Phantom 2 not starting
1051 10 2015-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbatson68
New

United States

I recently replaced the GPS on my P2, as the previous one was cracked and malfunctioning. I did have firmware 1.08 on it. After replacing the GPS I took it out and did a test flight and it seemed ok.
I checked the dji site and saw that there was a new version for the firmware. I upgraded to v3.12 and now I can't get the motors to start anymore. It just does a slow (2s) yellow blinking on the rear lights. If I try to start the motors, I get 5 red flashes on the rear lights, then it goes back to slow flashing yellow again.
I tried recalibrating, hard resetting, recalibrating again, etc to no avail. Batteries are fine. (no, I'm not near an airport)

I don't understand what happened. It worked fine before, now nothing. Very frustrating. It seems that I can't even go back to 1.08 either. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

2015-4-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Tell me where you plugged the GPS antenna in?
2015-4-3
Use props
pbatson68
New

United States

Into the 4 pin connector labeled GPS, where the old one was plugged in.
2015-4-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

pbatson68@yahoo Posted at 2015-4-4 09:19
Into the 4 pin connector labeled GPS, where the old one was plugged in.

Since you upgraded, can you start it or not?
2015-4-3
Use props
pbatson68
New

United States

Nope, checked everything. Everything is connected. It seems to recognize the TX, the little light on the side is green when the TX is on.

Shouldn't I be able to start it up and fly if I take it out of GPS mode? This is crazy, it worked fine on the previous firmware.
2015-4-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

pbatson68@yahoo Posted at 2015-4-4 09:25
Nope, checked everything. Everything is connected. It seems to recognize the TX, the little light on ...

The only thing I can think of is if your switches are in the bottom positions, or your upgrade did not fully complete.
2015-4-3
Use props
egallet
New

United States

Should you be able to see the GPS values when you are on the upgrade screen of the Assistant?
2015-4-4
Use props
egallet
New

United States

see attached
upgrade screen.JPG
2015-4-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Yes you should see the GPS numbers.  Did you have the top off and disconnect the GPS wire?
2015-4-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

This is my latest upgrade as of 3 minutes ago.
latest upgrade.jpg
2015-4-4
Use props
egallet
New

United States

no I have the case in place. I have a Phantom 2 2.0v w/ H4-D3 that I believe the compass either failed or a possible fly-away in which it tried to enter failsafe and gained altitude and fly towards home and hit a tree. I had no control. I have had Phantom 1 for a year and just upgraded to the 2, so I have decent flying experience. Now I connect to the software and have no compass info. I tried an “advanced calibration” and got the attached message (even though I am indoors and the battery was only installed minutes prior) when I try to start the craft it flashes red four(4) times on two LEDs. Then back to flashing yellow on the same LEDs. All four LEDs light up when going through warm-up.
2015-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules