Inpsire one Gimbal OK in 2 axis but not lateral moves
1140 9 2015-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

When moving forward and yawing the gimbal works fine.  But when moving right and left the gimbal does not do well at all.  My old Phantom II V+ was flawless.  Anyone else have this problem?  here is a video demonstrating the problem  Starts @ 6:44.

any ideas for a fix?

2015-4-3
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Nope, that doesn't look right at all.

My gimble loves to compensate for left/right movement.   What camera mode are you in?    Both FREE and FOLLOW make the moves completely smooth.
2015-4-3
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Do you have it set to FPV or follow mode? It looks like you have it in FPV mode... mine does this in fpv but not in follow...
2015-4-3
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Here's what mine looks like.  Shot this the other day testing modes and cranking it left and right as hard as possible.

2015-4-3
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think this may be the problem you have...
IMG_0127.jpg
2015-4-3
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

It was in FPV but I am with jimhare, it should not do this in any mode.  I will see if I notice it in Follow Mode Marktho1, thanks for the tip.  Looks like a call to DJI maybe in order.  Thanks for your comments Marktho1 & jimhare.

Marktho1, do you have a theory as to why it would do this in FPV?  Like I said, a Phantom II V+ is essentially always in FPV mode and it was flawless.
2015-4-4
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

Hi Marktho1, I took the time to search the topic on Your tube and you, my friend, are correct.  Thanks again to both of your for taking the time point me in the right direction.  Apparently FPV mode is FVP in every sense of the word, even the angle of the UAV!!  Regards,

Todd
2015-4-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

It definitely follows the dips in FPV mode, it's literally locked to the inspire and good way to do POV flying.

In follow mode it will smooth out the moves but stay in one direction.   In free mode it will smooth out the motion and always look in the same direction no matter what way the bird is pointing.
So no, it doesn't smooth in FPV and that is as designed.

In case you missed it this is how smooth it should be in follow mode with the bird shifting from right to left.

2015-4-4
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Be glad it was just a setting! Just saying! I'm getting super restless now as I approach my fourth week waiting for the return of my bird! /boohoo
2015-4-4
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I took it out today and it worked as designed.  Perfectly!  @will, sorry about your problem.
2015-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules