Did DJI mention you can never sell your goggles? NO!
7038 13 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jontidy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299616 ft
Thailand

So Totally underwelmed with these "immersive" googles. Apart from the head tracking they are as immersive as putting your phone in a box and holding it up to your face.
But the real Kick in the nuts is that DJI have stated that goggles cannot be unlinked from your account or your drone, So How am I able to sell them?
Was told by an admin on here to connect them to assistant 2 app and click reset to factory but this fails every time. I've convinced 5 people to try the same procedure and it fails every time for them too. So has anybody had any success detatching these horrible things from their account or drone? Because as of right now they are unsellable

Latest firmware on my drone/controller/goggles and latest version of assistant app all being used.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jontidy, I would like to know if there is any error message when you restore factory default? Just shows it failed?
DJI products always need an account to activate it before using, but this activation info is only recorded in our server and will not affect the warranty and using even you sell it to other users.
We are sorry that activation info cannot be deleted.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jontidy
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-15 01:03
Jontidy, I would like to know if there is any error message when you restore factory default? Just shows it failed?
DJI products always need an account to activate it before using, but this activation info is only recorded in our server and will not affect the warranty and using even you sell it to other users.
We are sorry that activation info cannot be deleted.

Here is the message I get.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jontidy
lvl.1
Thailand

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.25.19 PM.png

failed

failed
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What issue did you encounter with Goggles? The screen got stuck or the language cannot be changed?
2017-9-15
Use props
Jontidy
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-15 02:46
What issue did you encounter with Goggles? The screen got stuck or the language cannot be changed?

None of those issues. The issues I have with the goggles are that the only waqy I can have the screen in focus is too use my sisters +3.00 strength reading glasses on (but i have never needed glasses to see anything close). Also the picture starts pixelating and I eventually lose connection to the drone when flying any further than 400 meters. Flying without the goggles I can fly past 3 km no problem.
So these goggles just arent for me and I'd like to reset them to factory default. So can you tell me why the reset fails and I havnt met anybody so far that has been successful with the factory reset option
2017-9-15
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Just use the reset inside the goggles. There is nothing else you need to do. Just sell them and save yourself the brain hemorrhage.
2017-9-16
Use props
fanse9e8e34a
New

Mexico

I have the same issue. i try and try and try and try to reset factory default and nothing. factory reset fail and factory reset fail. it`s unbealievable what de DJI admins don`t know nothing to do. I must to reset factory my DJI Goggles. I want to use with my Phantom 4 pro with head tracking and i can´t because the goggles are initialize to mavic. i`m sell my mavic and my goggles don´t working property because needed to factory reset default and start again.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

The unlinking just means that the info will stay on your account.  But once you sell you goggles the new owner, he/she can register them in his/her account.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Jontidy
lvl.1
Malaysia

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-22 10:47
The unlinking just means that the info will stay on your account.  But once you sell you goggles the new owner, he/she can register them in his/her account.

But they cannot be unlinked from my mavic so they can be linked to another drone as the reset doesnt work.
2017-9-26
Use props
stuc123
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jontidy Posted at 2017-9-26 21:40
But they cannot be unlinked from my mavic so they can be linked to another drone as the reset doesnt work.

Hi has this been fixed? I'm looking to buy 2nd hand...

thanks
2018-1-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stuc123 Posted at 2018-1-28 14:54

thanks

I'd also consider the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses

Ed Ricker gives a great overview

2018-1-28
Use props
JustMee
New
Poland

stuc123 Posted at 2018-1-28 14:54

thanks

And what about fix, is there any way to reactivate goggles?
2018-8-23
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just sync them to a different drone.    I go between several all the time.
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules