960 3 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

Hi DJI-Support-Team and forum,

I have one issue with my Spark that I would like to addsress: Why does  the iOS version of the DJI GO app (unlike the android vesion) not show the signal strength bars when  using an OTG-cable? Based on my personal expierience using the  OTG-conection improves live feed image quality and drasticly reduces  lagging and connection issues, which is why I would prefer using that  method. However, not being able to check the signal strength is a huge  disadvantage and frankly almost dangerous, when you're flying at greater  distances.

I know that the OTG-method is not officially supported as of  yet, but especially when flying in Europe where range and connection  stability are drastically reduced thanks to CE stadards (I think DJI could  really put in some work on this, as there is still room for improvement even  within the given laws), Spark pilots would appreciate everything that  helps to improve the performance of the drone.

I would really appreciate it, if you could you include this in future  updates of the DJI GO app. I don't get it why andriod users get the  signal bars when using OTG-cables and iOS users don't.

Kind regards,
Flip.
2017-9-14
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yep, its a little unfortunate right now that DJi aren't officially supporting OTG and giving us very inconsistent answers as to why. just generic canned responses about lack of testing..

i wonder if it has to do with the fact that the spark binds the uplink and the downlink into same channel and the app cant break it down very well via OTG...  i dont know, its weak excuse.. no matter how its sliced..
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As always, we do not suggest to connect the RC via OTG. I'm afraid that I can not help you.
2017-9-15
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 00:18
As always, we do not suggest to connect the RC via OTG. I'm afraid that I can not help you.

i would like dji to give us a technical reason why.  full breakdown of what is the problem with OTG on the spark's RC.  because when i used to own a spark, OTG made a huge difference in a great way....  
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules