What happen with the Sphere mode,Paper-Airplane mode as promised?
1785 10 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys,
Just wonder what happen with the promise from DJI for Sphere mode and Airplane mode?
I found it is strange the way DJI do business, they always promise with no deadline... If they really respect the customer, they should announce a deadline for thier update.
2017-9-15
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted the same question a couple days ago. One of the DJI admins replied to have patience, it will be announced soon.
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

so why would they communicate these changes and leave us hanging ..
2017-9-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-15 06:02
so why would they communicate these changes and leave us hanging ..

In another forum conversation (that I cannot easily find) someone reported having had a conversation with DJI techies about this announcement.  According to him, according to them, the DJI rep that made this announcement had done so prematurely, and that this functionality was not ready, and should not have been announced.  If this rumor is to be believed, the initial announcement was premature and should not have occurred.
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

That would make perfect sense .. kind of like the iphone x pre-release rumours.  Most were pretty accurate other then it's not X=X but X=10.
2017-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I read this also (premature), but as usual we won't know for sure.
Keep an eye on the website for announcements (hey, that is what we did....)
2017-9-15
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-15 07:32
In another forum conversation (that I cannot easily find) someone reported having had a conversation with DJI techies about this announcement.  According to him, according to them, the DJI rep that made this announcement had done so prematurely, and that this functionality was not ready, and should not have been announced.  If this rumor is to be believed, the initial announcement was premature and should not have occurred.

I think you are specifically referring to the "Paper airplane mode" that was announced here in a post on the forum, but wasn't included in the official press release on the main DJI media website.

I saw the same comment from someone claiming it was mistakenly included prematurely and claimed that the DJI engineering team wants it to go away permanently.

In regards to the Sphere panorama mode, I believe that is still slated to "be included soon in the forthcoming DJI GO 4 mobile app and Spark firmware updates".
2017-9-15
Use props
ap_sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20574 ft
Germany

Rather than providing new functions I would much rather like to see, that the 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz topic in the EU countries ,where the CE settings are enforced, is getting fixed. If that doesn't get fixed, the Spark was my first and last product which I will buy from dji
2017-9-15
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am perfectly happy the way Spark is at the moment and actually dont really fancy any new modes at all. More bells and whistles just brings out more bugs.
2017-9-15
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh .... no, some said software with no bug does nothing. So software that does complicated things contains bugs and that is normal. Atleast not every single Spark hit that bugs. Just few of them. Sphere photographing is a very complicate thing and need a lot of test. Worth to wait. Next year is still ok.
2017-9-15
Use props
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

Probably they are still figuring it out. they'll be pressured if they give it a deadline and not make it.
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules