Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shoulder bag from Fly More Combo - how to fit everything?
6749 20 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Hello,

I've got a Spark Fly More Combo and I have a question how/if do you guys manage to fit both PSU and the charging hub in the supplied bag. I saw the picture on the bag tag that shows how everything is supposed to go and there's PSU shown tucked at the bottom, horizontally, sort of between the aircraft's arms but I'm not sure whether it's supposed to go into the main compartment or the front zipped pocket. I haven't managed to squeeze it in the main compartment together with AC and the batteries comfortably. Is there some trick where I'm supposed to take the battery off the AC and somehow everything magically fits then? If I put the PSU in the front pocket, it doesn't feel exactly right either, because of the PSU's bulk and then I can not fit the charging hub there anymore. I don't even dream of fitting the prop guards as well but I think being able to carry the PSU and its cable, charging hub and two spare batteries (on top of the AC-mounted one) besides the AC and its RC themselves would be a reasonable expectation. This might seem stupid but that's how I kinda feel right now, not being able to figure out how to fit the thing into its purpose-build bag it came supplied with ;)

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Zbig
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i put the charge hub and charger in the front pouch (hub on the bottom and charger on the top with wire tucked on the side of charger and hub.  The remote goes to the left with divider.  Spark goes into the right pouch with the two batteries in their pouches.  i put the detachable charger cable between the right battery and edge of bag.  in the top pouch i put the charge cable (white), memory card holder, and spare props.  i don't put the prop guards as it would be a tight fit;but can be put in where the spark is.  I'm looking at buying a bigger hard case to fit everything from the Fly More Combo in a nice protective padding.
2017-9-15
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Poland

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-15 06:10
i put the charge hub and charger in the front pouch (hub on the bottom and charger on the top with wire tucked on the side of charger and hub.  The remote goes to the left with divider.  Spark goes into the right pouch with the two batteries in their pouches.  i put the detachable charger cable between the right battery and edge of bag.  in the top pouch i put the charge cable (white), memory card holder, and spare props.  i don't put the prop guards as it would be a tight fit;but can be put in where the spark is.  I'm looking at buying a bigger hard case to fit everything from the Fly More Combo in a nice protective padding.

Thanks Sparky_17, will try it when back home. I wasn't able to fit both the charger and the hub in the front pouch without forcing it beyond my comfort level (well, my perceived feel for the gear's comfort level ;-)) but I haven't tried it with the charger on top. Will do.
2017-9-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was not able to fit everything into the fly-more-combo provided bag.  I bought one of the "waterproof" cases, and I carry charger (and components), spark, propeller guards, range extenders, two otg cables, 3 usb cables, 2 spare batteries, and landing feet.  My case is packed tight, and I have to carefully position things or it doesn't close.

I also bought a one-plus backpack so that I could "hike" and carry spark with me.  In the one-plus backpack I carry the spark case, an inverter, a rav power pack, a launch/landing pad, and a tiny folding chair.  And if I decide I want to bring the DJI Goggles, I have a case for those that I clip to the back of the one-plus case.

I'm nuts, but this is the gear I want to bring with me.
2017-9-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the flymore bag and I can very comfortably fit the RC, the spark, three batteries, the charging block, power lead and adapter and OTG adapter and other cables and connectors. With room for spare gopro batteries and a few other little bits. I'll put some pics up when I get home.
2017-9-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As promised. I made a short video on how I fit all my kit in my flymore bag. Hope you enjoy.

2017-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-9-15 09:07
As promised. I made a short video on how I fit all my kit in my flymore bag. Hope you enjoy.
https://youtu.be/NUFg0EIpwUs

Thanks for sharing!
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for the video.  I put the cables in the lid part of the bag, put the hub as you did but add the charger on top of the hub with wire part on the right side of that front pouch pocket.  This leaves more room for the controller (doesn't force the controller buttons).  But great video.
2017-9-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know, I didn't think I would ever be riveted by watching someone pack a bag, and yet here I am watching this video with keen interest!  The only thing I see missing from the equipment I wish to carry is the blade guards.  I've made a personal choice to always use them every flight, and that's the ONE THING which prevents me from the efficient packing that you have demonstrated.
2017-9-15
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Poland

That's awesome, mate, thanks for the effort!
2017-9-15
Use props
Deadman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4334 ft
United States

I use a long velcro strap to loop around all the blade guards and hang them on the shoulder strap.
2017-9-15
Use props
ShedLo
New
United States

Very nice!
2017-9-15
Use props
phatav8r60
lvl.2
Hong Kong

you can't plain and simple.  The shoulder bag is designed around taking just the RC, the drone and 3 batteries along, you might get a couple smaller items, but it isn't make to take prop guards, the charger and board, etc.  And by that (for the DJI marketing people) I mean that I want a bag that I don't have to CRAM stuff into, it needs to allow me to put common accessories.  Pay all that damn money and they give you a stupid bag that you can't put everything in.  For the same money, they could EASILY have skipped the drone box, and put it all into a nice little carrying case (like the one I purchased and use) with laser cut foam and space to put accessories and even a iPad mini.  I love my Spark, but reality is the 'fly more' combo is a bust without a decent case.  Typical though for a Chinese owned company to only have the 95% solution.
2017-9-15
Use props
phatav8r60
lvl.2
Hong Kong

You proved me wrong.  It all fits, and I am a good packer. And I have packed all that in there, but I still think if they had given it little more width, it would be more functional.  You have to admit your stuff is mostly crammed in there. it's like like you don't have to empty things out to get the drone and RC out.  That's my big deal, I'll be driving along and see a fabulous place to fly, and maybe a scene I want to record. If I have to sort thru power cables, USB cable, the power block to get what I need out, it's just not worth it.  They had so many other choices.  By the time the Spark hit the market, there were already nice laser cut foam carry bags just marginally bigger than the fly along bag and still fit in a backpack.
2017-9-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

phatav8r60 Posted at 2017-9-15 20:39
You proved me wrong.  It all fits, and I am a good packer. And I have packed all that in there, but I still think if they had given it little more width, it would be more functional.  You have to admit your stuff is mostly crammed in there. it's like like you don't have to empty things out to get the drone and RC out.  That's my big deal, I'll be driving along and see a fabulous place to fly, and maybe a scene I want to record. If I have to sort thru power cables, USB cable, the power block to get what I need out, it's just not worth it.  They had so many other choices.  By the time the Spark hit the market, there were already nice laser cut foam carry bags just marginally bigger than the fly along bag and still fit in a backpack.

I would say it's all snug rather than than crammed, nothing is squashed everything has a little bit of room. Crammed suggests it's all squashed in with no room to move which isn't the case.
There is room for the prop guards in the bit of space I mention at the end of the video, in the front pocket, i tried it last night, they are a little bit of a tight fit but they will go in however I don't use them.
2017-9-16
Use props
501doktor
New
Poland

Well done. Thx a lot
2017-9-16
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problem. Hope it helps
2017-9-17
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!  I too use only the shoulder bag from the Fly More Combo.  It's the perfect size for on the go flying.
2017-9-17
Use props
benhouart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15121 ft

Belgium

As promised. I made a short video on how I fit all my kit in my flymore bag. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for the help !
2019-6-5
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Thanks for the video. I haven't tried keeping the charger in the bag too.

Thinking about getting the $30 case from Harbor Freight so I have space for  other cameras and suchlike too.
2019-6-6
Use props
Anonymous_guy
lvl.2

United States

As promised. I made a short video on how I fit all my kit in my flymore bag. Hope you enjoy.

You are like 30 times better at organizing than me.  
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules