Reduced range And weak image transmission single
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Teckoldt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231014 ft
South Africa

I am having issues with my phantom 4 pro’s rang. I can only get maximum 400 meters with my drone in any area. And if any one knows the problem causing it and how to fix it. And if you have the same problem please comment.
2017-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Do you have your antennas perpendicular to the aircraft and pointed directly in it's direction?  Try manually looking for a channel with less interference too.  It also helps to be in an
elevated position somewhere without a lot of obstructions in the area.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about switching the working frequency between 2.4G and 5.8g? Any difference?
2017-9-15
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 19:23
How about switching the working frequency between 2.4G and 5.8g? Any difference?

I have tried that and still does not help.
2017-9-15
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 19:23

I have tied this and it does not help.
2017-9-15
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-15 11:28
Do you have your antennas perpendicular to the aircraft and pointed directly in it's direction?  Try manually looking for a channel with less interference too.  It also helps to be in an
elevated position somewhere without a lot of obstructions in the area.

Yes my antennas are correctly aligned and I have also tired manually looking for a channel. I went to my farm and it has no interference there.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-15 21:38
Yes my antennas are correctly aligned and I have also tired manually looking for a channel. I went to my farm and it has no interference there.

Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area.
If you had changed the operating frequency and place, you can also check if your firmware is up to date. Sometimes the firmware version with a +/- mark behind means the upgrading incomplete. You can check the version by this way: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Besides, I also suggest contacting our support to start a data analysis to see if it should be sent in for an overall check. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-16
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-16 00:20
Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area.
If you had changed the operating frequency and place, you can also check if your firmware is up to date. Sometimes the firmware version with a +/- mark behind means the upgrading incomplete. You can check the version by this way: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Besides, I also suggest contacting our support to start a data analysis to see if it should be sent in for an overall check. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.

I have tried different environments including the beach and a farm and still I don't get far range.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-16 04:07
I have tried different environments including the beach and a farm and still I don't get far range.

Just to verify, both controller signal lost and weak transmission appeared at the same time? What's the current version of the controller and aircraft? Please refer Thor's suggestion and confirm.
2017-9-20
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 01:20
Just to verify, both controller signal lost and weak transmission appeared at the same time? What's the current version of the controller and aircraft? Please refer Thor's suggestion and confirm.

It first says weak image transmission signal the it says aircraft disconnected. I have the newest firmware and software on drone, remote and app. I don’t know if I must send it in for repair because I don’t know if it is hardware of a software issue. So if you could please send the beta or how to downgrade. Please thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-20 05:59
It first says weak image transmission signal the it says aircraft disconnected. I have the newest firmware and software on drone, remote and app. I don’t know if I must send it in for repair because I don’t know if it is hardware of a software issue. So if you could please send the beta or how to downgrade. Please thanks.

The beta firmware is not related with the range. If the same issue appeared, please click the HD icon to see whether the current channel is stable or not. I would recommend to change another location without interference. If no helps, please consider to send it in.
2017-9-26
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-26 01:13
The beta firmware is not related with the range. If the same issue appeared, please click the HD icon to see whether the current channel is stable or not. I would recommend to change another location without interference. If no helps, please consider to send it in.

I have tried locations with zero interference and it doesn’t help. I see on the forms and my friends say that since the recent update their range has decreased significantly. So I think it could have something to do with the firmware, so I am just asking if I can try out the beta to so if it is firmware or hardware. Thanks
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-26 09:29
I have tried locations with zero interference and it doesn’t help. I see on the forms and my friends say that since the recent update their range has decreased significantly. So I think it could have something to do with the firmware, so I am just asking if I can try out the beta to so if it is firmware or hardware. Thanks

Is the remote and the aircraft firmware matched? Can you try relinking the remote to the aircraft?
2017-9-26
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-26 09:34
Is the remote and the aircraft firmware matched? Can you try relinking the remote to the aircraft?

Yes the remote and aircraft firmware match and I have  re-linked the remote and aircraft.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-26 11:06
Yes the remote and aircraft firmware match and I have  re-linked the remote and aircraft.

Have you flown elsewhere and are you getting the same issue? Where are you located?
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-26 09:29

Sir, the beta is available for gimbal issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-27
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 03:24
Sir, the beta is available for gimbal issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.

I cant send it in to dji because it will cost me a shipping fee.
2017-9-27
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 03:24

Do you know what could be causing the problem if it is not software.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-27 06:52
Do you know what could be causing the problem if it is not software.

I'm not sure. After receiving the unit, our engineers will do damage assessment to confirm the exact issue.
2017-9-28
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-28 01:45
I'm not sure. After receiving the unit, our engineers will do damage assessment to confirm the exact issue.

I am not able to send it to you because I live in South Africa and I will have to pay to send my drone to you.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I find it ridiculous that DJI keep telling customers to send in their equipment for something they did on purpose in the FW by turning down the transmitter power to way under the level CE spec allow!
2017-9-29
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-29 00:09
I find it ridiculous that DJI keep telling customers to send in their equipment for something they did on purpose in the FW by turning down the transmitter power to way under the level CE spec allow!

wait - the latest firmware decreases transmit power of P4pro??
2017-9-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Sebb Posted at 2017-9-29 03:21
wait - the latest firmware decreases transmit power of P4pro??

Yes that is why you see more and more with signal errors, video fallout and disconnects in shor range. Not sure about FCC but CE does not use the allowed transmit power anymore.
2017-9-29
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-29 08:02
Yes that is why you see more and more with signal errors, video fallout and disconnects in shor range. Not sure about FCC but CE does not use the allowed transmit power anymore.

WTF

hm but do we know for a fact that power is decreased? or is that just an interpretation?
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-28 07:23
I am not able to send it to you because I live in South Africa and I will have to pay to send my drone to you.

Sorry about this. Should you have more questions, please contact us.
2017-10-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Sebb Posted at 2017-10-2 00:41
WTF

hm but do we know for a fact that power is decreased? or is that just an interpretation?

I am sure i did read some article regarding DJI back during the panic when some youtube videos was showing someone trying to get up waving at ISS or whatever they tried to gain. B)
This acticle talked about DJI would remove the possibility to do the paramater changes and also reduce range, for sure i can't find anything about this now.

A fact is that a lot of people myself inclusive have got very bad range after the latest updates, but it is also a fact that we don't get any info about what ever DJI has done, now it seem that they won't even post just the usual release note anymore with the new releases.

As far i have been able to figure out, it should be possible to transmit at 20 DBm on 2.4 GHz and around 30 DBm on 5.8 GHz but for a strange reason the Spec in the manual state 17 / 14 for CE (26/28 for FCC), i have no clue why the 5.8 is lower than 2.4 if it in fact could be higher.
Dji seem to have trashed the 2.4 totally, i have been unable to use other than 5.8 after the disaster firmware and i believe from the posts here that a lot have the same issue.

All in all my claim is that they have turned the allready low transmission power down, but i don't have the equipment to prove it.

2017-10-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Sebb Posted at 2017-10-2 00:41
WTF

You must admit there seem to be a pattern right?
Here is the lastest victims from an upgrade, just read the many posts, guess that now DJI have success hitting not just the whole Phantom series but also the other models. :-/
2017-12-3
Use props
Plumberjohn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 742841 ft
United Kingdom

Surely it wouldn't be legal to limit the range. The P4P drones are sold with 4.3 mile specification.
2018-10-15
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Are you able to upload a small video clip from this location, a 360 degree slow turn around taken at say 20 ft height so that we might be able to exclude any potential physical objects/obstructions from the equation ?
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules