DJ Inspire at LA Repair Facility
1942 19 2015-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

I'm posting this because it seems the folks that have posted their repair status on this forum are getting quicker returns or at least some movement in the process. I've been tracking two on this forum who's Inspire were delivered the same day as mine (Mar 6) and they either have received some noticification that DJI is actively working on repairing or in one case the person has already received their repaired Inspire back. Me on the other hand is left to guess. Hopefully the right people at DJI will see this and get the process moving. Thanks!

RMA #: 3315239-103784
Date delivered: Per FEDEX tracking 6 Mar
It has been 28 days with absolutely no movement. Well at least as far as I know. No communication whatsoever.

2015-4-3
Use props
weeeza
lvl.1

United States

Same here, they received mine on 03/09/15 and nothing.......
RMA #3315238103813
2015-4-3
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Mine was received on March 12 but wasn't put into the system until the 19th after I emailed asking for confirmation. Mine is a warranty repair for a defect in the gimbal which I believe should be minor to resolve. Nothing since. Really hoping for resolution soon, this has been an amazingly disappointing experience, especially considering that my bird was defective on day 1.
2015-4-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

It wasn't even checked into the software?
2015-4-4
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

Yes mountmotor it was checked into the software, but that's about it. I'm not saying they're not working on it, but I don't know because the communiction is so poor. I sent an email asking a simple question, but didn't get a response. I know they're doing their best, but sometimes your best isn't good enough. They decided to go big to go global. We're the customers. It's up to us to apply a little pressure so they can get this customer service thing right. They've gone beyond just being a niche hobby company selling cool toys to the few. They've gone mainstream announcing new products over live streams from three different countries and what not. If you want to to play with the big boys you gotta step it up. They're charging a premium price, we all should expect premium service. Please tell me if I'm off base here.
2015-4-4
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jones, I agree with you 100%. Based on what I have read here in the forum, my repair is taking about the amount of time I expected. I am not saying that it is expectable for a company like this charging the amount they are for this product. Yes, the time it takes is an issue that is probably not easily solvable, but the communication certainly is. Mine was just checked in and I will post the chronology here when it finally arrives back home.
2015-4-5
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

Yes mine is RMA 31815218-111528 and they received it week and half ago and still haven't received email to let me know it's there.The only reason is I tracked it with my UPS #.Problem is I only have 30 days to claim insurance if they don't have it.First Rule in Bussiness "Your Reputation Is Your Blood Line".A simple email to a person letting them know you have received their Unit goes a long way.
2015-4-5
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

I am in the same situation they received my inspire on 3/12/2015 9am there time and not checked in until 3/30/2015 it's been 7 working days and it hasn't moved from queue
2015-4-7
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Just out curiosity what are repair costs running? Price/Range wise.. obliviously every accident is different.
2015-4-7
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

Mine is a warranty repair. Update: Since the time I created this post, mine has moved from no man's land to Repair Completed. No word yet on shipping. Will keep everyone posted.
2015-4-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

The damage on my Inspire 1 was BIG! Camera/gimbal smashed, central frame broke, right motor arm bent, vision positioning camera was broken, and the battery terminal was also damaged. DJI replaced all of these parts for me under warranty, but using my awesome math skills I can concur that the repair would of been around $900-$1000. (According to how much the parts cost) It can possibly be cheaper.
2015-4-7
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd like to the status of mine as well: RMA: 32615216-11648  

UPS said it was checked in on 4/3. Just would like to know a little info.

I know they're busy- trying not to sound negative... just want to know a little status
2015-4-8
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
United States

update.... After posting mine has moved from queue to checked into repair software

sent 3/11/2015
received 3/12/2015
checked in 3/30/2015
checked into repair software 4/8/2015

2015-4-9
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

7 days since my status been updated to "Repair Completed" (40 days in total) and I'm still waiting on DJI to contact me. I guess it takes over 7 days  to test fly and get it over to logistics for shipping.
2015-4-13
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Update for me = still same status.  Checked into repair system but not a single word since even though I've inquired for an update.  I'm 5 days away from when DJI first received it and unfortunately, losing patience.  It really should require so much time to change out a defective gimbal assembly!
2015-4-14
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI states clearly that it will take a week to check in, and then 3-4 weeks for repairs. It took a week for mine to be checked in and another two weeks for it to be deemed unrepairable. They send an email to you every time there is a status update. I believe they are overwhelmed with repairs right now and it's not reasonable to expect them to immediately start work on any individual unit as soon as it arrives, regardless of how trivial the repair may be. You just need to be patient, but they definitely are following their published timelines, based on my experience.
2015-4-14
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

Abe Posted at 2015-4-14 21:56
DJI states clearly that it will take a week to check in, and then 3-4 weeks for repairs. It took a w ...

Abe- maybe you received emails, I and many others have not.   And regardless of what DJI  has published, that doesn't mean  I have to accept their standards, because clearly they leave much to be desired. BTW, Abe  you have your bird back right, albeit a new one? Yours was delivered Mar 6, mine too, warranty repair. Maybe I'll have a different outlook when I get mine back...issue free.
2015-4-14
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

Day 8 with my Inspire in "Repair Completed" status with no word on repairs made or shipping. DJI Customer Support told me today to "Just deal with it" ...so I guess I will.
2015-4-15
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE: I was contacted on 4/16 that my Inspire was repaired, updated, and test flown. 4/17 I received the FedEx shipping info. Scheduled delivery 4/20.
Door to door service: 46 days

Hopefully this matter will be officially settled after my first successful flight w/o issues.
2015-4-18
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
United States

sent 3/11/2015
received 3/12/2015
checked in 3/30/2015
checked into repair software 4/8/2015

tomorrow is exactly 6 weeks sense receiving my inspire and nothing called customer support and nothing was put on hold and disconnected.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules