P4P+ - Gimbal Dial inoperative?
730 8 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atrsd
lvl.1
United States

I just got a P4P+. The gimball moves up and down but not left/right. I tried changing the Settings but no luck. Is this function blocked out in Beginner Mode?

My firware is now 1.3.509, I downgraded after unsuccessful upgrade to 1.4.602. The gimbal dial has been inoperative since the drone came out of the box. It beeps but the gimball does not spin left/right.

Suggestions?

Thanks

2017-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Gimbal does not move left and right. You have to pan the drone in the direction you want.
2017-9-15
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

Take some time, relax and read the manual, the gimbal does not move left to right, but up and down.

I suggest to stay on latest firmware 0602, and V01.02.01.00 for the plus controller with an updated NFZ (database) for both the drone and the controller
2017-9-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Like post #2 and #3 said the gimbal doesnt go left or right please make sure that keep your firmware up to date.
2017-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

What kind of settings did you change?  I would be very careful with that until you are familiar with exactly what the do.  SM and BAGO gave some excellent advice!
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As discussed above, the gimbal itself does not move left and right.
2017-9-15
Use props
atrsd
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your responses. I am even more confused now...

@ALABAMA, @DJI Susan - What is the purpose of the Gimbal Dial, button #13 on Page 3 of the manual, if not to move the camera left/right? On my drone, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Why is the dial there?

@ALABAMA - my settings are OOB. I reset everything to Factory Settings several times to ensure that was not a problem.

@SM-17, the manual does not describe the function of this "Gimbal Dial". Also, firmware 602 bricks the video feed, so my choices are either stay with 509 or return the drone. Should I return it and wait to buy a drone that ships with 602? What's the big advantage of 602?

Thanks

2017-9-18
Use props
atrsd
lvl.1
United States

atrsd Posted at 2017-9-18 17:17
Thank you for your responses. I am even more confused now...

@ALABAMA, @DJI Susan - What is the purpose of the Gimbal Dial, button #13 on Page 3 of the manual, if not to move the camera left/right? On my drone, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Why is the dial there?

OK, never mind. I just realized I read the buttons backwards. The one next to the Record Button is the Gimbal Dial and the one next to the Shutter is the Camera Settings Dial. Doh.
2017-9-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Just a bit of advice.  That drone cost you a tidy sum, so it would be a good idea to thoroughly read the manual before taking to the skies.  Better to take it slow and easy than have some big heartache.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules