Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Pro and RedEdge
2889 9 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FranHour
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,

I am trying to mount a MicaSense RedEdge Camera onto an M600 Pro, using a third party gimbal from CopterLabs (Link: CopterLabs). It looks like the connector for powering the Gimbal is for an older version of the M600 or not the Pro version. I am also wondering the best way to power the RedEdge camera (external battery pack or wired into the drone batteries). Has anyone set up a dual gimabl system with the ZenMuse X5 or XT (thermal) and the MicaSense RedEdge and can you link photos of the set-up?

Thanks!
2017-9-15
Use props
Rolando
lvl.1
Honduras

Hi, did you fix it? i searching the same solution
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

A duel gimbal system would not work in this case. Probably the third party gimbal you are using is not compatible. Here is a list of compatible gimbals for this unit:

Ronin-MX; Zenmuse Z30, Zenmuse X5/X5R, Zenmuse X3, Zenmuse XT; Zenmuse Z15 Series HD Gimbal: Z15-A7, Z15-BMPCC, Z15-5D III, Z15-GH4
2017-9-26
Use props
FranHour
lvl.1

United States

Rolando Posted at 2017-9-25 09:09
Hi, did you fix it? i searching the same solution

I haven't found a solution yet, and I am thinking of upgrading to the Flir Vue Pro R anyway I may just mount hem both facing down without a gimbal... but I would like to find one or two gimbals that would work for both... I'll keep you posted.
2017-10-4
Use props
FranHour
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-26 07:10
A duel gimbal system would not work in this case. Probably the third party gimbal you are using is not compatible. Here is a list of compatible gimbals for this unit:

Ronin-MX; Zenmuse Z30, Zenmuse X5/X5R, Zenmuse X3, Zenmuse XT; Zenmuse Z15 Series HD Gimbal: Z15-A7, Z15-BMPCC, Z15-5D III, Z15-GH4

Do you know/ have a suggestion for which one works best with the Flir Vue Pro R?
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

FranHour Posted at 2017-10-4 10:33
Do you know/ have a suggestion for which one works best with the Flir Vue Pro R?

Unfortunately, I do not have any additional information on this point. You may want to contact that company and see what works best specs wise. I would also check their product page.
2017-10-4
Use props
Lidar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9590 ft
United States

Anyone follow up with this? Also saw the link to the copterlab gimbal product. Seems a little pricey for what it is. Lack of documentation is not encouraging.
2018-1-22
Use props
Egret
lvl.1

United States

We are currently looking at using the DJI upper expansion bay to make the attachment plate larger on the DJI Zenmuse X5/X5R gimbal. If that works we will attach the RedEdge using the M100 kit that MicaSense sells and use a USB cell phone charge like a Mophie battery pack to power the Camera. For triggering we will use the MicaSense IP and use overlap mode. We are also hoping to use MapPilot or Pix4D capture to trigger the X5 or the XTR camera mounted to the gimbal. This way we can collect 5band imagery and thermal simultaneously.

I will repost if I get it to work or not...
2018-1-22
Use props
Lidar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9590 ft
United States

Sounds great. Thanks! Take lots of pics!
2018-1-22
Use props
Egret
lvl.1

United States

We used the upper expansion bay to extend the main surface so that we could attach the Zenmuse X5R and XTR Gimbals as well as the Mounting plate from the MicaSense REdEdge M100 Integration kit. This is not the best solution as the Expansion deck is slightly narrower than the Gimbal plate. We had to drill many new holes and get washers and nuts to secure the two plates together and to the rail clamps. I am still looking for a better solution that would allow us to mount two gimbals so the RedEdge camera can also be mounted to a gimbal.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules