Switching on and off the drone multiples time
1242 12 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8882c16f
lvl.2
Italy

Can the dji mavic pro be restart switching it on and off for many time? can it cause some kind of damage to the drone ? Today i had to do so because the dji go app crashed on the phone ( Device falt ) and the remote was still keeping connecting to the drone without any success, so i had to turn it on and off for tree times untill the third time i had to switch off everything and restart the phone ( I use a zenphone 2 ) untill i had the ready to fly screen. thank you for helping me out with this issues.
2017-9-15
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Why would turning it off and on a few times damage it? Sometimes u guys with these questions
2017-9-15
Use props
fans8882c16f
lvl.2
Italy

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-15 13:20
Why would turning it off and on a few times damage it? Sometimes u guys with these questions

I know it could be a silly question, but some time is better being sure of not making any mistakes even if that means asking something that could sound obvious rather than doing stupid things because we belive to know how exactly things work. And there is very much to lear about hardware ad software and how a " machine " reacts on how we use it, That's why im asking here for a competent opinion. thanks anyway for replaying to my issue
2017-9-15
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

when they said "no such things as stupid questions.."  i wonder sometimes if half this community took that as a challenge?      joking aside though....!   it shouldn't cause damage, but there is no reason to need to switch it on and off rapidly or for long periods of times..
2017-9-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic would fly perfectly well using the RC only, if the App' crashes you should still have full control via the RC. The display device and App' are just for additional nice bits, like video stream and intelligent flight modes etc.
2017-9-15
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

You guys need to practice a little bit of forum etiquette. Bashing a new user for asking a question (any question) is uncalled for. As Thumper said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".
2017-9-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2017-9-15 15:54
You guys need to practice a little bit of forum etiquette. Bashing a new user for asking a question (any question) is uncalled for. As Thumper said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

Are you referring to any response in particular ?
2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-15 16:03
Are you referring to any response in particular ?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to yours.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do not worry, a message will pop up if something goes wrong. As for the app crash, I would recommend you to re-install the app or change another recommended mobile.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans8882c16f
lvl.2
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-15 15:29
The Mavic would fly perfectly well using the RC only, if the App' crashes you should still have full control via the RC. The display device and App' are just for additional nice bits, like video stream and intelligent flight modes etc.

my problem was while still on the ground before taking off, there was no signal between the remote and the drone, so i need to do so untill i had the possibility to take off. But again it was totally the phone falt for that. that's why i restarted the drone more than ones with the app untill i restarted my phone too
2017-9-15
Use props
fans8882c16f
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 22:29
Do not worry, a message will pop up if something goes wrong. As for the app crash, I would recommend you to re-install the app or change another recommended mobile.

thanks for replying to my issue, i was curious about the electronics inside and my worries were more about the timing when restarting the drone in case there were other shutdown processing even after all the lights turned off ( like some other electronic devices ) so when restarting it immediately cuold've causes any kind of problems to me unknown. thanks again for the reply.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans8882c16f Posted at 2017-9-15 23:16
thanks for replying to my issue, i was curious about the electronics inside and my worries were more about the timing when restarting the drone in case there were other shutdown processing even after all the lights turned off ( like some other electronic devices ) so when restarting it immediately cuold've causes any kind of problems to me unknown. thanks again for the reply.

It is well of your taking good care of the drone, and no worries for this, like Susan mentioned, the drone will tell you when there is an error. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Paul_IA Posted at 2017-9-15 15:54

I agree .

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules