during making some settings Fan restarts suddenly
1583 29 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Was at home and wanted to make some changes in settings when the fan of the Spark suddenly restarts..like when an update is finished, only that in this case not the whole Spark restarts but only the fan, it take just a moment till it restarts but it was the first time I noticed that and want to ask you Folks if anyone else experienced that and if it is a normal behavior and made by design..

Thaks
2017-9-15
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Mine starts up too when the spark is in idle.
2017-9-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have started the Spark for purposes other than flying (checking settings, usb connection, or just to test the behavior of rc connection or pc connection).  I don't recall ever having the fan NOT come on.  It always seems to start.  I attributed this to aggressive cooling, and never gave it much thought.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Your spark was working normally, no worry. When your spark is hot, the fan will cool down your drone.  Any question, feel free to ask for us.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

i know that it is normal that the fan is working To cool down the spark. please read my post carefully cause My english is not that good for a better description.
once again. I turn My spark on, and like it is normally the fan begin work..after a few minutes working, the fan STOPS for a moment and restarts immediatly again, like when a Firmwareupdate is finished.  again! not the spark restarts, only the fan..it happens not every time but once in a couple of times i do some changes in settings OR use the Simulator.. it restarts 1  OR 2 times during 20 minutes working..
i am concerened it willl also do it midair..
is that behavior really Normal?
2017-9-15
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-15 20:34
Your spark was working normally, no worry. When your spark is hot, the fan will cool down your drone.  Any question, feel free to ask for us.

i know that it is normal that the fan is working To cool down the spark. please read my post carefully cause My english is not that good for a better description.
once again. I turn My spark on, and like it is normally the fan begin wo work..after a few minutes working, tue fan STOPS for a moment and restarts immediatly again, like when a Firmwareupdate is finished.  again! not the spark restarts, only the fan..it happens not every time but once in a couple of times i do some changes in settings OR use the Simulator.. it restarts 1  OR 2 times during 20 minutes working..
i am concerened i will also do it midair..
is that behavior really Normal?
2017-9-15
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-15 20:01
I have started the Spark for purposes other than flying (checking settings, usb connection, or just to test the behavior of rc connection or pc connection).  I don't recall ever having the fan NOT come on.  It always seems to start.  I attributed this to aggressive cooling, and never gave it much thought.

thanks for your reply but you misunderstood me..sure it is normal that the fan comes up every time you turn on your spark..but mine RESTARTS again after a few minutes working, i am talking about a RESTART (stops for a second and starts again)..it is not everytime but had it allready 5 times in the last 2 weeks.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Jr 5542 Posted at 2017-9-15 16:55
Mine starts up too when the spark is in idle.

like i allready wrote, i am talking about a restart while the fan is allready working for a couple of minutes..
hope now it is clear.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

The fan will turn off and on as it senses heat on the sparks internal.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-15 23:32
like i allready wrote, i am talking about a restart while the fan is allready working for a couple of minutes..
hope now it is clear.

Thanks for explaining the details patiently. The work of fan depends on its temperature. It will be better if you can provide a video about the situation. Thanks.
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-16 00:09
Thanks for explaining the details patiently. The work of fan depends on its temperature. It will be better if you can provide a video about the situation. Thanks.

Also i know that the fan speed depends on the heat of the AC but here I speak about a sudden stop and an immediately restart.
why a video for such an issue? Is it so complicated to understand? The Fan restarts sporadly while working, that's all..is it normal or not? Where is the Problem to understand what i mean? Just read a bit carefully.
Thanks in advance
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

@Dji Electra
don't tread everyone like a Rookie..I am an experienced pilot for years..also i have had the Spark allready for more than 3 months now..please pay a bit more attention.
Thank you
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-16 00:44
@Dji Electra
don't tread everyone like a Rookie..I am an experienced pilot for years..also i have had the Spark allready for more than 3 months now..please pay a bit more attention.
Thank you

I can understand your worry. Please provide the following information. The version of your drone and the app's version is needed. Thanks.
2017-9-16
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Yes the fan can restart some times when the ac changes wifi band.....I have noticed that
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-16 00:54
I can understand your worry. Please provide the following information. The version of your drone and the app's version is needed. Thanks.

dji go version is 4.1.8 and FW of AC is the latest .600
2017-9-16
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-15 23:30
thanks for your reply but you misunderstood me..sure it is normal that the fan comes up every time you turn on your spark..but mine RESTARTS again after a few minutes working, i am talking about a RESTART (stops for a second and starts again)..it is not everytime but had it allready 5 times in the last 2 weeks.

Yep, I misunderstood.

Others have already said it, but my observations are that after the August 21 update, the fan appears to be more aggressive.  More frequent starts.
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-16 00:59
Yes the fan can restart some times when the ac changes wifi band.....I have noticed that

how do you mean that? why should the AC change the wifi Channel on its own without telling him to do? or is there something i dont know?

it is normal that the fan stops and restarts when YOU change the wifi channels manually but this is because the whole AC restarts, in this case the dji go app freezes for a Moment till it reconnects and the fan starts working again..if you mean that, this is normal and i allready know.

but i mean ONLY a RESTART of the fan without a restart of the AC..

uff..not easy
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-16 03:26
Yep, I misunderstood.

Others have already said it, but my observations are that after the August 21 update, the fan appears to be more aggressive.  More frequent starts.

maybe, but nothing to do with the restarting fan issue i mentioned..

i want only to know if that behavior is normal or not..

2017-9-16
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-16 03:56
how do you mean that? why should the AC change the wifi Channel on its own without telling him to do? or is there something i dont know?

it is normal that the fan stops and restarts when YOU change the wifi channels manually but this is because the whole AC restarts, in this case the dji go app freezes for a Moment till it reconnects and the fan starts working again..if you mean that, this is normal and i allready know.

Sorry i did not put it right...When i choose to change channel.....Also some times ac starts in 2.4 ghz and then goes to 5.8 ghz automatic...Most  users did not notice what happens because its very fast and user has his mind in other task such as  opens mobile etc
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-16 04:10
Sorry i did not put it right...When i choose to change channel.....Also some times ac starts in 2.4 ghz and then goes to 5.8 ghz automatic...Most  users did not notice what happens because its very fast and user has his mind in other task such as  opens mobile etc

ok thats normal and has nothing to do with My question.
2017-9-16
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-16 04:35
ok thats normal and has nothing to do with My question.

The fan behavior you are experiencing is normal and desirable.  Your craft is healthy.  For what it's worth, that's mt opinuon, and a direct answer to your question
2017-9-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, yes it quite normal.  
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-16 05:40
The fan behavior you are experiencing is normal and desirable.  Your craft is healthy.  For what it's worth, that's mt opinuon, and a direct answer to your question

your fan has the same behavior?
2017-9-16
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

ok, thanks to all.
2017-9-16
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-16 05:58
your fan has the same behavior?

Yes, my fan has the same behavior.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 07:54
Yes, my fan has the same behavior.

just to clarify, your fan also stops for a second while working and restarts?
2017-9-25
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-25 20:50
just to clarify, your fan also stops for a second while working and restarts?

It's been a while since I've had my spark next to me, on, and not flying (usually for purposes of connecting it to the computer via usb).  I recall this exact behavior, but I no longer remember what version I was running under, and can't claim that this is the behavior under the current version (it might be, just don't recall when I last made the observation).  I'll perform a test (under current version) and let you know, but the spark is not at my side today.
2017-9-26
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19170 ft
United Kingdom

I know exaclty what you’re experiencing. Mine does this but I have only noticed it after the latest update. The update was released a while ago but I only got round to updating my Spark last week and now the fan stops and starts since this update. I have read your thread looks like no one answered your question correctly but misunderstood it. I searched and found this thread when I noticed mine do it a few days ago.
2018-2-13
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

250Flyer Posted at 2018-2-13 09:03
I know exaclty what you’re experiencing. Mine does this but I have only noticed it after the latest update. The update was released a while ago but I only got round to updating my Spark last week and now the fan stops and starts since this update. I have read your thread looks like no one answered your question correctly but misunderstood it. I searched and found this thread when I noticed mine do it a few days ago.

Please uodate us on how you are getting on with your Spark since this started happening.

Interesting
2018-2-13
Use props
250Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-9-15 23:09
once again. I turn My spark on, and like it is normally the fan begin work..after a few minutes working, the fan STOPS for a moment and restarts immediatly again, like when a Firmwareupdate is finished.  again! not the spark restarts, only the fan..it happens not every time but once in a couple of times i do some changes in settings OR use the Simulator.. it restarts 1  OR 2 times during 20 minutes working..
i am concerened it willl also do it midair..

Same. Please update us on how your spark is working since this fan stop and start.

Is it still working ok?
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules