Hearable vision sensor (ultrasonic)
1864 16 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Hi all, when MP is on and is not cooling for a while, so it is quiet, I can hear a noise coming from the ultrasonic sensor (better from shorter distance). It is a low tone like humming or grumbling (sorry, maybe I can't pick the appropriate expression, don't laugh at me ). Please, can anybody check that on your own MP? Thank you!

2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Any error message from your app? Did you check the aircraft status? Please provide us the sound, a video is better. So we can locate the problem, thanks for support.
2017-9-16
Use props
Marc_v_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1080728 ft
Netherlands

It is indeed possible to hear the ultrasonic sound als a repeating 'clicking' sound. Maybe only the younger people among us are able to hear it, at least I am. As far as I know nothing to worry about.
2017-9-16
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Ultrasound is a fairly high frequency sound starting at approximately 20 kHz, which very few people can actually hear.
The low tone of "humming or grumbling" that you hear is probably your wife.
My advice: Recharge her batteries.
2017-9-16
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Czechia

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-16 02:33
Ultrasound is a fairly high frequency sound starting at approximately 20 kHz, which very few people can actually hear.
The low tone of "humming or grumbling" that you hear is probably your wife.
My advice: Recharge her batteries.

Maybe funny for someone, but no help. Did you try to listen to your Mavic? That is what really interests me, thanks.
2017-9-16
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Czechia

Marc_v_L Posted at 2017-9-16 02:21
It is indeed possible to hear the ultrasonic sound als a repeating 'clicking' sound. Maybe only the younger people among us are able to hear it, at least I am. As far as I know nothing to worry about.

Thanks, clicking sound is something that is the point indeed. I'll upload that in a while.
2017-9-16
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Czechia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-16 02:06
Any error message from your app? Did you check the aircraft status? Please provide us the sound, a video is better. So we can locate the problem, thanks for support.

No error message, status ok, everything is ok. I'm wondering just about the sound whether anybody can register that sound too. Try video here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Y596Ph9cLBolwMj3Y0j2KnShq4f6Bq44g
2017-9-16
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-16 04:09
Thanks, clicking sound is something that is the point indeed. I'll upload that in a while.

I'm confused...is it the clicking you are asking about?   Because yes, that is normal....and for the record @Marc_v_L, I'm old and hear it JUST fine thank you. ;)

LP
2017-9-16
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

No i definitely hear it. If u get close to the mavic u can hear it ...sounds like a clicking .u can only hear it when fan is off. Its normal. The sound is even more pronounced if u take video of your mavic with your cellphone or camera .
2017-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's pretty normal I can hear it also.
2017-9-16
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-16 04:07
Maybe funny for someone, but no help. Did you try to listen to your Mavic? That is what really interests me, thanks.

Yes, I always listen to my Mavic.
I wouldn't leave the house without his advice...
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-16 04:47
No error message, status ok, everything is ok. I'm wondering just about the sound whether anybody can register that sound too. Try video here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Y596Ph9cLBolwMj3Y0j2KnShq4f6Bq44g

Please don't feel worry about it, it is normal. Have a nice flight.
2017-9-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine doesnt make any sounds i can hear unless putting my ear within a few inches away.. my GF (who has crazy good hearing) cant hear it either unless she puts it about 10 inches away or less.. we both hear what i would call a tapping sounds or a clicking sound..  dont put your are against it, even if you cant hear it, its still creating vibrations and pressure waves that can damage your are..
2017-9-18
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Czechia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-18 00:32
Please don't feel worry about it, it is normal. Have a nice flight.

Thanks for confirmation.
2017-9-18
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Czechia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-18 00:41
mine doesnt make any sounds i can hear unless putting my ear within a few inches away.. my GF (who has crazy good hearing) cant hear it either unless she puts it about 10 inches away or less.. we both hear what i would call a tapping sounds or a clicking sound..  dont put your are against it, even if you cant hear it, its still creating vibrations and pressure waves that can damage your are..

Thank you for your reply and information.
2017-9-18
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Czechia

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-16 06:45
I'm confused...is it the clicking you are asking about?   Because yes, that is normal....and for the record @Marc_v_L, I'm old and hear it JUST fine thank you. ;)

LP

Yes, it is just about the clicking sound, see (listen to the video linked above). And thank you for your answer.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-18 01:00
Thanks for confirmation.

You are welcome. Please inform us if you have any problem. Thanks for support.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules