new DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ - Invalid Battery
2553 7 2015-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

Hello!

I just bought DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ directly from DJI.com, they got nice spring sale there btw.

I bought it with two batteries, first I noticed that battery was kinda tight fit. I have previously used other Phantom and battery was hard to remove but not this hard at all.

I quickly made maiden flight and soon was two batteries empty. Recharged batteries and went to make new flight.

Third flight started nicely, I wanted to test stillshots from camera and fly above trees. Everything was fine and suddently I recived "Invalid Battery" and looked back to copter and it was coming already down. I hit few branches and hit the ground. Not much damage was done to the craft (one led did get broken) but I cannot turn it on. It says "Invalid Battery".

I think it lost all power all the suddently. Battery was about 95-98%. I was using newest firmware and this should fix issue that there should be no emergency landing when "Invalid Battery" occurs mid-air.

So, what can I do now ? There is no damage in two small pins at battery cabinet so I dont think that is the issue.

Also there was no dirt or anything else at battery cabinet.

I tested with other brand new battery, same thing.

TLDR; New DJI Phantom 2 VP and invalid battery midair crash. Invalid battery issue still.
2015-4-4
Use props
kss113
lvl.2
United States

+1, Every once in awhile I get an invalid battery warning too. But it goes away in a few seconds.  Why does this occur?
2015-4-4
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

So far I have cleaned the two small conncetors at battery cabin. They are the "smart"-part of the battery. Some dirt get and Phantom cannot read any data from battery.

But, for me Phantom this is not the issue since it is brand new.
2015-4-4
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

kss113@hotmail. Posted at 2015-4-4 22:00
+1, Every once in awhile I get an invalid battery warning too. But it goes away in a few seconds.  W ...

I've seen it a couple of times too, but only for a second or so.  It is worrying.
2015-4-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tabbe Posted at 2015-4-4 22:08
So far I have cleaned the two small conncetors at battery cabin. They are the "smart"-part of the ba ...

You get "invalid battery" on BOTH batteries now after the crash?  You have some issue with the Phantom, not the batteries.  Might be a broken wire coming from the "smart pins" at the soldering joint inside the Phantom.
2015-4-4
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-5 00:38
You get "invalid battery" on BOTH batteries now after the crash?  You have some issue with the Pha ...

Yea, you were corect. Smart battery connector was broken.

But I dont get it why everything else so broken also? The damage cannot be from crash, my bet is that connector was already lose and lost connection mid air, or short circuit.

Why are the rest of connectors broken, even when there are no wires for them?

Heres picture of it:
2015-4-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tabbe Posted at 2015-4-5 05:05
Yea, you were corect. Smart battery connector was broken.

But I dont get it why everything else  ...

The g force of the battery being thrown around could have ripped that plug from the socket.  Was the battery still in position when you got to the crash or was it thrown away from the crash?
2015-4-4
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

Battery was still in the phantom and phantom was powered off. I dont know is this auto feature ?
2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules