3241 91 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-19 04:04
Well that's the problem you've already proved you can't , maybe go to flying school they might teach you how to fly a drone correctly.

No need to take this to a personal level hallmark. Objectivity ain't your strong side, isnt it?
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Koppo Posted at 2017-9-16 10:39
Ernieken, I wont do that again. Thats for sure! Lesson learned. But no matter if 150 or 500m, kinetical energy is the same. I lost my confidence into the Spark.

seriously, you loose your spark in the cloud which affected it's sensors and now your blaming DJI.  That would be like it snowed on your car and you drive away without brushing the snow off, getting into an accident, blaming the car manufacture.

admit it .. it was a dumbass move.  Sorry for being blunt, but don't blame DJI for your actions; specially when they are clear in the Owners Manual.  Don't fly at night or in the clouds.
2017-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Koppo Posted at 2017-9-19 04:00
I really don't give a crap about your opinion. And I am bound to no rules, just sayin'. I will fly again and again on 500m altitude. Why? Because I can.

As was proven by your original post, No you can't.
2017-9-19
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Germany

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-19 05:23
seriously, you loose your spark in the cloud which affected it's sensors and now your blaming DJI.  That would be like it snowed on your car and you drive away without brushing the snow off, getting into an accident, blaming the car manufacture.

admit it .. it was a dumbass move.  Sorry for being blunt, but don't blame DJI for your actions; specially when they are clear in the Owners Manual.  Don't fly at night or in the clouds.

I blame DJI? Oh, do I? I never blamed DJI about that...  Not being confident to the SPARK and blaming DJI is not the same. And I admit it was a dumb move flying onto mist. But I said that before the topic was trashed with offtopic. For all those seeking satisfaction in their narcistic behavior, keep on going. I'll unsub this topic.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Koppo Posted at 2017-9-19 06:28
I blame DJI? Oh, do I? I never blamed DJI about that...  Not being confident to the SPARK and blaming DJI is not the same. And I admit it was a dumb move flying onto mist. But I said that before the topic was trashed with offtopic.
Do you guys actually read what I write?

No worries .. this post has gone sideways and back and the context may have been misunderstood.

I'm not sure why you have lost confident in your Spark as it did a pretty good job going up as far as it did and the fact that it fell from that height and still works.  Bear in mind that DJI does call out not to fly into mist, fog or clouds as this can affect its sensors.  Which in this case it did.

I have full confidence in my spark as it's done an amazing job given it's size, technology and capabilities.  I've flown it above railroad tracks and near electrical wires without any major issue; I was alerted of interference and I pulled back and away from what caused the warning.  But every time I fly it never stops to amaze me.

Have faith in your spark, fly within it's capabilities and regulations and it will never disappoint.  my 2cents.
2017-9-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Koppo Posted at 2017-9-19 04:00
I really don't give a crap about your opinion. And I am bound to no rules, just sayin'. I will fly again and again on 500m altitude. Why? Because I can.

Hi Koppo,

Avoiding any opinions that may cause offense, I'll state some dispassionate facts.  You can evaluate these facts as you wish and change (or not) your behavior as you see fit.

Page 47 of the manual states to "Fly the aircraft only within your line of sight".
Page 46 of the manual states "Do not use the aircraft in severe weather conditions.  These include wind speeds exceeding 10 m/s, snow, rain and fog."

Your use case which started this forum topic appears to require a flight which ignores these instructions.  Ignoring these instructions can lead to the aircraft system performing in a non-optimal manner.  Following these instructions more faithfully will reduce risks associated with system failure.
2017-9-19
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Germany

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-19 06:39
No worries .. this post has gone sideways and back and the context may have been misunderstood.

I'm not sure why you have lost confident in your Spark as it did a pretty good job going up as far as it did and the fact that it fell from that height and still works.  Bear in mind that DJI does call out not to fly into mist, fog or clouds as this can affect its sensors.  Which in this case it did.

I never thought i'd crash my spark. Flying into the fog was pretty dumb yeah, I never thought this could happen. Actually I did not know that VPS can lock you out from the controls, not beeing able to fly that thing anymore, I was confident to fly that thing in any mode (advanced RC plane and helicopter pilot). but the fact it just locked me out showed me that I cant trust that thing anymore. In future I can only stick to photographing nature and unpopulated areas.
And I am sorry for being rude to some ppl here. The fact that they go down to the personal level and loose their objectivity against a topic just makes me disappointed. Lacking professionalism and too much narcissism. That were my 2 cents. Im done with this topic. Maybe I'll share what DJI support said about it.
2017-9-19
Use props
Legacy0ne
lvl.2

Australia

Koppo Posted
"The fact that they go down to the personal level and loose their objectivity against a topic just makes me disappointed. Lacking professionalism and too much narcissism."

Had you not been so negative towards the laws and regulations, safety, other forum users, product limitations, maybe then you would've got some constructive information?

Send your Spark in for repairs (if needed) read and understand the manual & drone regulations for your country, then fly within the products limitations, easy huh?
2017-9-19
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Well, at least we know the Spark is very, very durable, now. Now see I was whining when mine fell out of a tree.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

brian_b Posted at 2017-9-19 16:33
Well, at least we know the Spark is very, very durable, now. Now see I was whining when mine fell out of a tree.

Brian, sorry for your unexpected experience. Did you contact our support to start a case after the accident? Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-19
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-19 22:49
Brian, sorry for your unexpected experience. Did you contact our support to start a case after the accident? Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support.

Aloha DJI Elektra. No need, the drone was perfectly fine afterward. Thank you!
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules