High wind warnings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Latest FW and app. Almost no wind at all and I get that high wind warning. Normal?

Wind1.png
Wind2.png
2017-9-16
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've always got wind warnings on all the phantom 4 pro's. no way to get rid of them even with 0 wind.
2017-9-16
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fans589cba4b Posted at 2017-9-16 09:05
I've always got wind warnings on all the phantom 4 pro's. no way to get rid of them even with 0 wind.

Ok, thanks. "normal" I take it. Happen to see any compass errors while flying in tap fly and draw mode? Seems to occur only in those mode in my adv..
2017-9-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Be careful with the compass errors.   It could throw you into atti mode quickly. Do you get any warnings before taking off?
2017-9-16
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

All was OK before take off. I start suspect an iron fence just nearby.  Had a similar issue today. However I was filming an abandoned iron mine which might would explain it. Happened  a min into the first flight while ascending with speed. The next 2 flights no errors. Fortunately it was almost no wind so while in atti mode, lasted for 5 sec, I managed to keep control over it.

I'm about to get the DAT files from the craft and investigate further.

Btw, no wind errors today..
2017-9-17
Use props
StudioReef
New
Flight distance : 10492 ft
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-16 09:55
Be careful with the compass errors.   It could throw you into atti mode quickly. Do you get any warnings before taking off?

I just updated firmware on P4 and Controller today.

Took the drone for a test flight and it had no errors on takeoff.
I got the "Wind WARNING" and thought nothing more of it since there was no wind at all..
After about a minutte of flying. The drone flipped on its side and went into ATTI mode by itself!
There was no way to turn it back into P mode and on a second flight it did the same again..
Now i don´t feel safe flying it at all.
Before the firmware update everything was rock solid and no errors.
Any advice?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The wind message will pop up when the wind speed is more than 7m/s in the air, instead of the ground. Take care when the message appeared.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

StudioReef Posted at 2017-9-17 09:39
I just updated firmware on P4 and Controller today.

Took the drone for a test flight and it had no errors on takeoff.

I would recommend you to contact the support and start a case for further assistance: http://www.dji.com/support. Please offer your case number once you got it, thanks in advance.
2017-9-18
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

There have been many posts in other threads about this same issue describing the same things.  I myself have experienced these same warnings under the same/similar environmental circumstances.  I can't say what is causing this nor why, but it appears to be some kind of issue related to FW/SW.  Hope is that the next update will fix this as well as much more.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules