Killed my goggles battery, what to do now?
7192 6 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

I’ve done it again, first I let a Mavic battery discharge to zero and had to replace it, now I’ve let my google battery die by not keeping it charged.

Problem is I’m still trying to get legal here as the repercussions are huge so in the meantime my investments in DJI gather dust!

Question for the mods please, I can’t and don’t want to send the whole unit back as it will cost more than a replacement. Can I A) Buy and replace the battery or B) Buy a new headband separately?

Look forward to some advice please folk and a warning to others don’t let it happen to you.

Safe flying and hope to join you soon in that pastime!

2017-9-16
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

How long did you leave them for unused? First time I've heard this
2017-9-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Have you tried recharging the batteries for much longer than usual, let's say a couple of hours?
It sounds strange that a battery would commit suicide...
2017-9-16
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Yes indeed to both of you.  I was far too quick in jumping to conclusions! …The battery is fine I cleaned the terminals and made sure that the connection was firm and away we went.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to keep the Goggles in the charger for about 30 minutes. If still nothing happens, like I had replied to your latest thread, please send it in for repair, we don't have the separate battery unit. Thanks for your understanding. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area We will do our best to help this out.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans5d97ce6d
lvl.1
Canada

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-9-16 10:03
How long did you leave them for unused? First time I've heard this

I was down to 35 percent power remaining in my Googles, and so I put it on charge. The charging light came on and everything seemed normal. But after charging the unit would not turn on. It's as if the battery died. I've had the goggles for a few months.
2019-5-13
Use props
fans8e0e89e9
New
Israel

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-16 10:47
Have you tried recharging the batteries for much longer than usual, let's say a couple of hours?
It sounds strange that a battery would commit suicide...

I'v talked to DJI and Yes they confirm that if it was unused it will kill the battery
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules