Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 running Ground Station app with 2.4G Datalink issue?
1360 6 2014-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aseidman
lvl.2

United States

I recently installed the 2.4G datalink on my Phantom 2 and took it out for a few flights using the Ground Station app and flew in auto-pilot using waypoints.
First flight had no issues.  Was incredible.

The second flight I ran into one issue with the Ground Station App.

1) Set the waypoint (5 in total) for a 5.5 minute flight and hit Go.
2) After my Phantom hit the 2nd waypoint (only a few hundred meters away from me) the Ground Station App no longer displayed the waypoints and the flight telemetry information.
3).  The Phantom continued to fly normally and successfully finished all the waypoints even though I was unable to see it's course and flight telemetry on the app.

Did the Ground Station app lose the connection but the Phantom still have the waypoint data stored locally so it was able to continue flying without issues?  Anybody have any thoughts on what happened in #2 above.

(BTW -- here is the video footage from the flight http://youtu.be/BKQ02fsvYEA)

2014-10-19
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
Second Officer

China

Hi Sir, could you remember if the app lower bottom left shows a cross when the Phantom hit the  2 nd waypoint?
If no, if you click the aircraft buttom, can you find the drone's current position?
2014-10-19
Use props
rotorshawn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10823 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did you install it?  I cannot find any documentation.  I have one on myA2 Hexa that I want to move to my Phantom2.  Thanks
2014-10-23
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

@aseidman:
Autonomous flight is a rather sensitive subject these days...
Instead of directly answering you, I'll let you figure it out yourself.
Start here...
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=566441
2014-10-23
Use props
aseidman
lvl.2

United States

rotorshawn Posted at 2014-10-24 02:18
How did you install it?  I cannot find any documentation.  I have one on myA2 Hexa that I want to mo ...

This is a pretty good guide for installing it.

http://skypixel.org/post/83254735947
2014-10-23
Use props
aseidman
lvl.2

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-10-24 03:55
@aseidman:
Autonomous flight is a rather sensitive subject these days...
Instead of directly answeri ...

Right now it's still the early days, so we deal with issues like this

However, autonomous flight is really the best way to fly these things.  In a few years we'll look back at the days of flying them manually like it those absolutely crazy days!  Once in autonomous flight the power of these aircrafts and their potential to transform transportation becomes really clear.  Exciting.
2014-10-23
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
Second Officer

China

DJI -Lisa.zhu Posted at 2014-10-20 15:15
Hi Sir, could you remember if the app lower bottom left shows a cross when the Phantom hit the  2 nd ...

Hi,
Is your problem solved now?
2014-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules