Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thx in advance.

I know several folks are using the 5D Mark IV on the Ronin-MX for ground and aerial.  Several threads of info, but NO complete tutorial or post that I've found.  So IF you are using and have a biz, I'd recommend an A to Z tutorial or article for folks like me.

I'm pretty frustrated to be honest.  I'm usually able to 'figure it out', but I must say, between the 5D Mark IV manual and DJIs manuals for the Ronin-MX and the 600P there is a lot to be desired as far as documentation on what exactly is needed, and how to set it up.  If someone has found a thorough thread or video, PLEASE post here .

Appreciate it !
dc

P.S. IF you are  DJI rep, please do NOT reply.  I've never received a helpful answer from you on the forums, so don't send some link to some overview page or something that is completely irrelevant.  Spare us all the time of 'hoping' that the link is helpful.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Have you referred to the DJI Tutorial videos on youtube? Lots of good information in that way:
2017-9-18
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 07:02
Have you referred to the DJI Tutorial videos on youtube? Lots of good information in that way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP9YVfbK20

Yes, no doubt some good tutorials, but I've not found one that is complete with specifics for the 5D Mark IV where it spells out how to set the camera and the M600P APP up so that you can take pictures & video via the app.  I believe I am close, but unable to switch between video and camera mode [maybe that is not possible] via the app.  Thank you for your reply ~
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

DECinHSV Posted at 2017-10-10 16:29
Yes, no doubt some good tutorials, but I've not found one that is complete with specifics for the 5D Mark IV where it spells out how to set the camera and the M600P APP up so that you can take pictures & video via the app.  I believe I am close, but unable to switch between video and camera mode [maybe that is not possible] via the app.  Thank you for your reply ~

What type of App are you using? Have you reviewed the menu on the app on page 32?:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

2017-10-11
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-11 08:15
What type of App are you using? Have you reviewed the menu on the app on page 32?:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/m600+pro/20170717/Matrice_600_Pro_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Thx for the reply. The DJI GO App.  I have it working now, but seem to only be able to take pictures, not start/stop video.  
2017-10-16
Use props
djiuser_YSd0VuV
New

Nigeria

Kindly help pls. I'm using a Canon 5d Mark Iv on a dji ronin mx. Thing is the pan axis is rolling apart from the gimbal. Let me show you what I mean
2017-10-27
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 07:02
Have you referred to the DJI Tutorial videos on youtube? Lots of good information in that way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP9YVfbK20

Great video
2017-11-2
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ttt

I'm still having issues . . . Tech Support, well lets just say its comical.  I either have a bad cable, or wires in the wrong CAN ports.  I can see the feed when the 5D4 is in MX mounted on M600P, but unable to remote shutter . . . any tips or how to links is appreciated
2017-12-1
Use props
nbrodic88
lvl.1

Serbia

DECinHSV Posted at 2017-12-1 21:43
ttt

I'm still having issues . . . Tech Support, well lets just say its comical.  I either have a bad cable, or wires in the wrong CAN ports.  I can see the feed when the 5D4 is in MX mounted on M600P, but unable to remote shutter . . . any tips or how to links is appreciated

Hi,
I also had problem to connect Canon 6D with Ronin-MX to DJI M600 PRO. The thing is that you have to separate sensor of remote start stop for Canon from infrared receiver on your camera. Then you can trigger camera from your controller when you're in live mode.
2018-3-4
Use props
RogerB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Equipment is Canon 5DM4 with the Matrice 600P and Ronin MX. The Canon camera also had to be set to use the IR port on the front of the camera with the remote settings on the camera. Also, I had to trigger the shutter (mirror) in order to see the camera feed. In the end I didn’t really like the way the Canon 5DM4 balanced on the gimbal and other things and ended up trading the Canon for the Sony A7R3. The Sony A7R3 plus the Batis 2/25 Lens combo ends up weighing just slightly more then just the Canon body by itself without any lens attached. Also, for me the Sony is a dream to balance compared to the Canon. The camera feed on the Sony works great without the need to trigger the shutter (mirrorless) to see the feed. Also, make sure you have the correct (sony or canon) IR trigger for the MX. They look almost exactly the same but function differently. Then I set the Sony camera for remote IR shooting. I was able to shoot both stills and video using the Matrice 600p controller buttons near the top left and right on the controller and seemed to work pretty well. The Ronin MX gimbal seemed to work ok while in flight as I didn’t notice any issues even with a bit of jocking the joy sticks.
2018-3-27
Use props
RogerB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

One other thing.... I use the wireless video Ronin-MX SRW-60G device and where it attaches to the gimbal it has a tendency to rub against the landing gear when the landing gear is down. I ended up moving the SRW-60G device from the gimbal mount and use cable ties to attach it to the back of the gimbal with a short hdmi cable. I noticed if your hdmi cable was too long it had more video glitches and worked much better with a shorter hdmi cable. Must be interference with the longer cable? Next thing I would like to try is the newer FLIR DUO pro IR camera. For at least myself the move away from Canon to Sony A7R3 seems to be a good move but the lens are a bit more expensive than the Canon lens.
2018-3-27
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
  • >>>

RogerB Posted at 2018-3-27 04:26
One other thing.... I use the wireless video Ronin-MX SRW-60G device and where it attaches to the gimbal it has a tendency to rub against the landing gear when the landing gear is down. I ended up moving the SRW-60G device from the gimbal mount and use cable ties to attach it to the back of the gimbal with a short hdmi cable. I noticed if your hdmi cable was too long it had more video glitches and worked much better with a shorter hdmi cable. Must be interference with the longer cable? Next thing I would like to try is the newer FLIR DUO pro IR camera. For at least myself the move away from Canon to Sony A7R3 seems to be a good move but the lens are a bit more expensive than the Canon lens.

Good info.  Ive considered the move from Canon, but invested deep enough now that really no turning back, if you know what I mean.
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules