Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is going to happen when the batteries need replacing?
5097 5 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Basically going on from my last post where I thought that I needed a new battery for my goggles and was wondering how to go about this without buying a new unit.

The batteries on both the goggles and RC sets are going to be spent at some time in the future, up to now I don’t see any provision made to replace them.

Are we going to have to buy a complete new unit because of the battery?

2017-9-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Are we going to have to buy a complete new unit because of the battery?

I've wondered the same thing myself and the truth is that I just don't know. I do know, however, that the goggles battery lasts a long time, so it's likely to be quite a while (years?) before the battery's ability to hold a charge has diminished to the point where it becomes a real problem.

I also seem to remember reading / hearing (maybe in one of the early reviews?) that the battery is located in the "headband" portion of the goggles, which would make sense for a couple of different reasons: that's where you plug it in for charging, and putting the weight of the battery there would help balance the goggles.

Assuming that's where the battery is located, it should be possible to replace the battery by replacing just the headband portion of the goggles, and while that wouldn't be inexpensive, it would be much less so than replacing the entire unit, especially since the parts that I'd guess are most expensive are in the other ("visor") part of the goggles.
2017-9-17
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I would think that, if the battery is not user replaceable, you could send the goggles in to DJI and they'd replace the battery for you. Don't think that they'd expect you to buy a whole new set of goggles just because the battery died.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If there is something wrong with the RC or Goggles battery, I suggest sending it back to DJI and we will do our best to help. Fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back if needed. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-9-18
Use props
fans8e0e89e9
New
Israel

Paul_IA Posted at 2017-9-17 05:33
I would think that, if the battery is not user replaceable, you could send the goggles in to DJI and they'd replace the battery for you. Don't think that they'd expect you to buy a whole new set of goggles just because the battery died.

no but they will make sure you pay for the battery alsmos as much as you would pay for a new goggles
2020-4-21
Use props
seanmritchie
New

Canada

I have used these goggles about four times since I bought them in 2018.  Now they don't charge.  Red light on band comes on, green light just flashes.  There is no replacement option, they don't tell me how much it will cost to have serviced, they just want me to send them in.  What a waste of money.  Absolute rubbish.  I have tried three different chargers and three different cables, by the way and left them charging for many hours.
2020-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules