Panorama and phone shut down due to low bat ;)
1098 7 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

First panorama shot with Spark and stitched with Microsoft ICE

Original Size: 11208 x 4810 - 3,76MB

Interesting observation during the flight.

I grabbed my phone and RC in a hurry to take the pictures and did not pay attention to the battery level. During flight it turns out that the phone (Samasung S6 Edge+) shut down due to an empty battery. Well First 2 seconds I was a bit stunned and looked amazed at the "Shutdown Screen" ofg my phone - after that I realized that I lost the DJI app but the RC connection was still enabled and I was able to fly the Spark as usual. I then hit RTH cause I was not sure if I will loose connetion form the RC as well. Turns out to be a pin point RTH landing. Very very glad with the result.

In conclusion:
If you loose your app connection with the RC you still can controll the Spark - you just dont have the visuals.
This needs some furhter tests but looks promissing to get the bird back by line of sight

Cheers

2017-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Well done, both the picture and how you have handled the situation. When this happens, it is indeed highly advisable to initiate RTH or to fly back manually, but in any case to land as soon as possible. Flying without any of the information provided by the app (including potential warnings) is high risk.
2017-9-17
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-17 00:40
Well done, both the picture and how you have handled the situation. When this happens, it is indeed highly advisable to initiate RTH or to fly back manually, but in any case to land as soon as possible. Flying without any of the information provided by the app (including potential warnings) is high risk.

Thanks,
well flying just by line of sight is what I am used to so that was not the problem. The two seconds that took me from realizing that I am still in controll were scary ;)

RTH worked great so I am really confident that IF Spark will enable RTH due to a real signal loss it will come back to me
2017-9-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

As you can even fly the bird with RC only, from the beginning, it is "just" the batt info, height and distance,  speed and map, that you loose.
As long we fly in sight, as we should, it will not become a problem.
Only I have to ask: Really? A Phone on the last % of batterie and no powerbank around? ;-)
2017-9-17
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Yeah the phone battery level is really on me ... grabbed it in the morning and did not check the level, just saw the nice low fog layers outside - will def. not happen again ;)

2017-9-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great picture! Good you got Spark back
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good job! You had been calm when there is an unexpected situation, that's excellent. And the pano is also amazing. Thanks for sharing your story and the picture.
2017-9-22
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

wow nice shot
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules