Frustrated
1857 19 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCraig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32251 ft
United States

I have waited several years to purchase a drone, I recently purchased a Spark Combo Pack and have been having problems with the radio controller. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and a Macbook Pro lap top. The RC will not update its firmware via the Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant, my pc will recognize the Spark but not the RC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Go 4 app and the DJI Assitant several times and it still did not work. Does anyone have any solutions? I am sending back the RC for an exchange, hoping for the best.
Screenshot_20170914-213544.jpeg
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Well the fix for you is easy....The mods here did not create a sticky thread so anyone can fix the problem....Well on our subject...Unistall DJI go app reboot your phone download the old app of djo go 4 the 4.1.5 version install it and make the update with success....
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Here is the link https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-5-release/
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

After the update finishes you can update back to latest dji go app...
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

It's an app bug the 4.1.8 version which is the latest dji go app has bug only the old 4.1.5 version work for update...
2017-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The RC can not be updated with DJI Assistant, only with DJI GO. And the advice given above solves the problem.
2017-9-17
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-17 02:37
It's an app bug the 4.1.8 version which is the latest dji go app has bug only the old 4.1.5 version work for update...

I uninstalled the app-installed the older version from the Google Play store.
connected my phone to the rc via cable
I open the app went to the Ph3 hit camera, tap the red banner for the up date, tap upgrade
it said "download finished"- tap  "start upgrade" said Upgrading but progress just said 0% then Upgrade Failed - rc started beeping
2017-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Update only works via WiFi, not via cable! You have to connect alternating to your RC and the internet via WiFi as instructed by the App in the update process.
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

You must reconect to rc wifi to start update....
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Common sense you conect to wifi you download the update ,now you must connect back to rc wifi and then tap update.....
2017-9-17
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

This forum is awesome......very helpful and useful
2017-9-17
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Will try it again guys, your professional advice is very appreciated.
2017-9-18
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

SeanGillian Posted at 2017-9-17 08:38
This forum is awesome......very helpful and useful

Hey Sean did you have this problem and was able to resolve the issue?
2017-9-18
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

CaptCraig Posted at 2017-9-18 06:31
Hey Sean did you have this problem and was able to resolve the issue?

I haven't had the issue with RC not updating or connecting to Spark....so sorry about yours, I trust the forum was able to help you
2017-9-18
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all for your advice, I tried everything but unfortunately, nothing worked. My best guess is there's a corrupt file with the Go 4 app that will not allow the rc to complete the firmware update, I let it set for 15 minutes and the rc shut itself off. A factory reset of my mobile device is not an option so I am sending the Spark and RC to a repair center.  I would like a device with a bigger display so I am looking at an iPad or Android tablet, I'll see what happens after the Spark is returned.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CaptCraig Posted at 2017-9-20 15:19
Thank you all for your advice, I tried everything but unfortunately, nothing worked. My best guess is there's a corrupt file with the Go 4 app that will not allow the rc to complete the firmware update, I let it set for 15 minutes and the rc shut itself off. A factory reset of my mobile device is not an option so I am sending the Spark and RC to a repair center.  I would like a device with a bigger display so I am looking at an iPad or Android tablet, I'll see what happens after the Spark is returned.

Spark's RC can not be upgraded via DJI Assistant 2. Had you changed another mobile device to try on? If yes, could you please tell after the upgrading failed, did the RC still launch WiFi, if you can connect the WiFi, please try to upgrade on another device again. And please check if you got any error messages when the upgrade is finished. If you had sent the RC back, we will also take care of it for you. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-22
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Thank you, I am 99.9% sure it was an issue with the Go 4 app on my phone. I'll be able to confirm this fact once my Spark comes back from the repair center,  I am considering upgrading my phone or purchasing a comparable tablet. In an imperfect world, crap happens.
2017-9-22
Use props
Floating
lvl.1
United States

You said in your previous post you installed the older version from the Play Store? I think you have to get the 4.1.5 version from APKMIRROR.COM and sideload apk file. I had the exact same problem. Make sure you are running version 4.1.5. That fixed everything except my problems with updating the firmware on my spare battery. I needed to use DJI Assistant 2 which was not working because DJI uses unsigned drivers; whole other issue,

I feel your pain. I bought my Spark Fly More Combo on Saturday and didn't get everything working until Wednesday. About 20 hours of pulling out my hair.

Thank god for the fine people on this forum.
2017-9-22
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I've been using either iPhone6s or iPad Air and have not come across any issues.  Seems that many are having issues with Android based devices.
2017-9-22
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Yes, that was my deduction, Spark is on its way back to me. I forgot to do this but recently I deleted all Go app folders from my phone and will try installing again if that does not work, I am looking to upgrade to a Galaxy S8 + (was thinking about doing that anyway for more screen real estate), purchase an iPad mini or the CrystalSky display.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules