Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wi-Fi signal interference in the middle of nowhere
2190 12 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Is that a joke??Yesterday i was in a mountain in the midle of nowhere even cellphones have no signal and i open the wifi settings in 2.4  dji go app and show so many interfernece in every channel!!!!Is that a joke???I think that wifi are preaty messed up and random .There was nothing out there!!!!Phone was in aiplane mode ....I feel tricked ....
2017-9-17
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try not to laugh. FYI, I tried 2.4G vs 5.8G and found that 2.4G signal drop rapidly while 5.8 G was much more stable. I flew in a very wide area, nothing within 500 m. radius.
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Greece

Yes I understand your point,  but how can the app show Wi-Fi interference in a place that is kilometers from civilization with no cellphone signal no antenna nothing....Dji tricked us Wi-Fi shows random results that are no real... I will speak with a layer....
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Greece

I also think that this violates the CE standards so I will sent a letter to this authority in Europe...
2017-9-17
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be honest, I doubt that dji would go to the trouble of faking wifi signals.  I am guessing that there is another explanation, hidden in the environment.

I know that there are two channels in use when using wifi, phone to rc and rc to craft.  There could be more.  Just a guess, but some of the latest autos have built in wifi.

Can you post a screenshot of the report?
2017-9-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have a location to share with us?
2017-9-17
Use props
Dji Community
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think the way wireless signal works is magic..  i tried to study and apply RF theory to my flight.. i always come up with more questions than answers..  i simply think its like magnetics..  just magic, only way i can honestly explain it..

joking aside though, i have had it happen with my mavic pro a few times too.. probably the environment.  its very inconsistent when it happens..  sometimes ill get a massive lag spike and drop in signal sometimes i just drop bunch of signal, other times make same pass only seconds later and full signal..
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Greece

Not picture taken here is the coordinates of the location 37.075160, 22.295698 .Not even cellphone has signal .Wifi analyzer pro shows nothing also....I am pretty sure that this is just random wifi interference so dji can justify signal loss or weak image due to a bigger problem that lies in spark itself ....
2017-9-17
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-17 06:20
Yes I understand your point,  but how can the app show Wi-Fi interference in a place that is kilometers from civilization with no cellphone signal no antenna nothing....Dji tricked us Wi-Fi shows random results that are no real... I will speak with a layer....

Yes - they are out to trick us.
Talk to a 'layer' and see what they say.

You always must look out.....they are watching us....always
2017-9-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-17 08:42
Not picture taken here is the coordinates of the location 37.075160, 22.295698 .Not even cellphone has signal .Wifi analyzer pro shows nothing also....I am pretty sure that this is just random wifi interference so dji can justify signal loss or weak image due to a bigger problem that lies in spark itself ....

Could you make a screenshot of the app showing the interferenxe?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check if you switched on the Bluetooth or you had worn a watch at that time. Bluetooth would be a strong interference to the WiFi signal. Or please try to fly in another place, if the problem persists in many different places, please provide us with a screenshot of the WiFi Settings, thank you.
2017-9-22
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-22 02:59
Please check if you switched on the Bluetooth or you had worn a watch at that time. Bluetooth would be a strong interference to the WiFi signal. Or please try to fly in another place, if the problem persists in many different places, please provide us with a screenshot of the WiFi Settings, thank you.

Could we please have an official cable connection available between the controller and Go4 device?  I don't know why it wasn't offered from the outset.  If controller and phone are cable connected you can just put the phone into Airplane mode and I'm sure a lot of these problems will just go away.  Seems crazy to be using a wireless link when the devices are actually touching.
2017-9-22
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

My first two flights - I had terrible signal loss and lots of errors - I thought there was a defect - but then I remembered another flyer suggested you go Airplane mode and enable WIFI only (on your phone) - this completely fixed it - massive improvement - the third battery flight was flawless.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules