Asking for Mainland China Phone Number
26939 30 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProfPaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14957 ft
Singapore

The DJI GO 4 application on my Samsung S8+ phone with an American SIM card is asking me to Link my phone number. When I select the Link button, it then asks me for a Mainland China phone number. I do not have a Mainland Chinese phone. I have the phone with my American SIM card. I am in Singapore teaching college right now and for two more months, and bought the DJI Spark here in Singapore today.

I also have a second phone with a Singapore SIM card, but I did not use that one for activation because the card will expire after I return to the USA, and because it is an older Samsung model (S6).

What do I do now? I cannot use my Spark plance because I cannot complete the application because I do not have a Mainland China phone number. Please help. I wanted to use the drone this week. I can provide screens shots, but this posting application will not let me attach them.

Paul McAfee
US Phone +1 716-830-5219
Singapore Phone +65 8575 4097

2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try the steps below:
1. Clear all cache in Settings.
2. Bring the aircraft to the place with strong GPS signal.
3. Connect your mobile device to local network and reboot the APP.
4. Reconnect aircraft to APP.
Please keep us updated if it works.
2017-9-17
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

I've cleared all caches in the GO 4 App. I've closed the App and restarted my phone. I will try again and post the results in a few minutes.
I also tried to use the phone with the Singapore SIM card and that got the same result, asking for a Mainland China phone number. I tried using my Singapore and USA numbers and got a message that the phone number was invalid.

2017-9-17
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-17 05:06

OK, I followed your suggestions. I also forced the application to stop and then started it again. Nothing worked. I went out on my fourth floor apartment open-air balcony where GPS should be very strong.

The application is still asking me for a Mainland China phone number.

I hope someone can help. Once the App asks me to verify my phone, it will not let me do anything else and continues to give the phone number error
2017-9-17
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

I am going to bed and will check here in the morning. I hope you can help. I'd really like to be able to use the drone this week. Thank you for trying.
As an aside, I figured out how to download and install the firmware update, and have done that. I have downloaded the No Fly Zones, and the Singapore offline map.
2017-9-17
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-17 05:06

DJI Mindy - Thank you for you help last night. I am not sure what action helped, but eventually, I was able to access the Spark drone. I have been reading the manual and practicing in the simulator mode.
There remains a reference to "China Mainland" in the GO 4 app. I could attach a screen shot if you wish (I tried one more time). This reference to China is appearing in both the actual application and in the simulator mode.
The location is in General Settings, where the units (e.e., Imperial) are set. There are two toggles, "Enable Map," and "Calibrate Map." For both "Enable Map" and "Calibrate Map," in parentheses is "For China Mainland."
As I mentioned earlier, I am in Singapore. I have downloaded the Singapore map and I have set the No Fly Zone to Singapore. Why am I being offered "China Mainland" maps? How can I fix these?
Thank you.
Paul McAfee

170918 Mainland China.jpg
2017-9-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"Why am I being offered "China Mainland" maps? How can I fix these?"
Ignore that!
This is only needed, if Flying IN China.
Your app will show the singapore map
2017-9-18
Use props
Avonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350866 ft
Singapore

I've also encountered this problem of asking to link to a China Mobile number in the DJI GO app some time in July in Singapore too. It happened after I went into the Simulator in the App. It was really frustrating as you could not proceed any further with the app. I tried re-installing the DJI Go app many times but nothing quite seems to work. In the end, it somehow managed to resolved itself and I am still clueless as to why that happened.  May be a firmware update did the trick then. Anyway, I'll avoid the simulator now.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ProfPaul Posted at 2017-9-17 22:10
DJI Mindy - Thank you for you help last night. I am not sure what action helped, but eventually, I was able to access the Spark drone. I have been reading the manual and practicing in the simulator mode.
There remains a reference to "China Mainland" in the GO 4 app. I could attach a screen shot if you wish (I tried one more time). This reference to China is appearing in both the actual application and in the simulator mode.
The location is in General Settings, where the units (e.e., Imperial) are set. There are two toggles, "Enable Map," and "Calibrate Map." For both "Enable Map" and "Calibrate Map," in parentheses is "For China Mainland."

Please ignore "China Mainland" if you are not in China. Any question, please inform us. Thanks.
2017-9-18
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

Avonez Posted at 2017-9-18 00:38
I've also encountered this problem of asking to link to a China Mobile number in the DJI GO app some time in July in Singapore too. It happened after I went into the Simulator in the App. It was really frustrating as you could not proceed any further with the app. I tried re-installing the DJI Go app many times but nothing quite seems to work. In the end, it somehow managed to resolved itself and I am still clueless as to why that happened.  May be a firmware update did the trick then. Anyway, I'll avoid the simulator now.

Thank you for sharing. I hope DJI fixes this bug. My problem with the phone number also resolved itself "magically," although my DJI Go application still shows two selection menu items for "China Mainland" that should not be there (according to DJI support). They have a bug, and I hope the resolve it.
2017-10-4
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-18 01:11
Please ignore "China Mainland" if you are not in China. Any question, please inform us. Thanks.

Thank you. I remain concerned that the request to link a China Mainland phone number will return, making the product unusable.
2017-10-4
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-18 00:25
"Why am I being offered "China Mainland" maps? How can I fix these?"
Ignore that!
This is only needed, if Flying IN China.

I have the same problem. There is a bug that DJI needs to fix. I am concerned that if I want to sell my DJI Spark to upgrade to a Mavic, the buyer won't buy the Spark due to this "China Mainland" bug.
2017-10-4
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ProfPaul Posted at 2017-10-4 19:09
I have the same problem. There is a bug that DJI needs to fix. I am concerned that if I want to sell my DJI Spark to upgrade to a Mavic, the buyer won't buy the Spark due to this "China Mainland" bug.

Hi there,
I have had that option for china maps with every dpi drone I have. its always been there.
It is part of the menu system, just make sure you don't apply it. ( Not Green )
If you are registered when you log in is set to china ( Details ) then it will think you are in china.
Untick the option for china maps, then us GPS to find your location in the app.
If you don't have GPS signal try to expand the map into full screen and scroll around till you see your drone usually a Blue or Red spot with white circle around it. that is your drones location then take the zoom down to about 50ft and the map will draw the roads and stuff. works every time on mine.
bye
Dave
2017-10-5
Use props
ProfPaul
lvl.1
Singapore

davawt Posted at 2017-10-5 00:30
Hi there,
I have had that option for china maps with every dpi drone I have. its always been there.
It is part of the menu system, just make sure you don't apply it. ( Not Green )

Dave,
Thank you. The problem (i.e., being required to enter a Chinese mainland phone number) went away eventually. The two China Mainland menu items remain, but my drone does find my location correctly. As long as I don't have a return of the request for a Chinese phone number, I'll be OK. I will not turn on either of the China Mainland menus.
Paul
2017-10-7
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

I'm running into the same issue.  I dont care about the annoying register with main china number...I dont like the restrictions it's going to use because of it.  For the first time, I checked out that simulator too...really hope something that stupid isn't affecting my drone.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
2018-6-28
Use props
PHILDO13
New
Flight distance : 186050 ft
Australia

I have recently been experiencing this issue even as recently as today, the issue seem to resolve itself when I shutdown the app, connected my iPad to my phone so it had an internet connection and restarted the dji go 4.0 app.  Not sure why this is but very frustrating that it happens as I frequently like taking my drone to places where mobile service and wifi are very hard to get, if this was to happen while I’m out there it would ruin the whole trip, DJI please address this issue as I’m in Australia and have never flown my Mavic overseas, there should be no reason it asks for a Chinese landline.
2019-3-17
Use props
skidbooots
lvl.1

United States

Thank you very much for phone number.
2019-6-28
Use props
mooncusser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3384501 ft
  • >>>

Used my phantom 4 yesterday without issue. Today I can’t fky unless I enter a mainland China phone number. Client’s very upset, help please.
FA1D1085-E535-400A-9BC4-71E028FEC563.png
6D3C3A67-0796-43C9-BFF0-45D897414AAB.png
2019-9-17
Use props
NoahSheena
New

I learnt from YouTube that I can solve “Aircraft Disconnected” issue by using phone cable from the RC UBS. Then suddenly this happen.
2019-9-17
Use props
Prodigo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft

mooncusser Posted at 9-17 07:34
Used my phantom 4 yesterday without issue. Today I can’t fky unless I enter a mainland China phone number. Client’s very upset, help please.[Image]

Same problem right now, I'm a on a movie shooting with my client, please answer soon
2019-9-17
Use props
Prodigo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft

mooncusser Posted at 9-17 07:34
Used my phantom 4 yesterday without issue. Today I can’t fky unless I enter a mainland China phone number. Client’s very upset, help please.[Image]

Same problem right now, I'm a on a movie shooting with my client, please answer soon
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_0eq3JTe4gHUd
New

I’ve downloaded the app 3 different times now and restarted everything multiple times but I can’t fly the drone unless I enter a mainland China number but I am from the states how do I get around this.
2019-9-17
Use props
NoahSheena
New

Prodigo Posted at 9-17 07:56

It works ! Instantly
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_y2sdut7cSQkv
New

Not happy. I’m trying to fly this for a shoot and I’m effectively locked out.
2019-9-17
Use props
jraymonds
New

I have the same issue with a Mavic Pro in New Jersey (US). Strong GPS on phone and drone. Tried clearing the caches in the settings. Deleted the app and reinstalled it clearing everything out. Same problem. Totally locked out from flying.
2019-9-17
Use props
jraymonds
New

jraymonds Posted at 9-17 08:15
I have the same issue with a Mavic Pro in New Jersey (US). Strong GPS on phone and drone. Tried clearing the caches in the settings. Deleted the app and reinstalled it clearing everything out. Same problem. Totally locked out from flying.

It magically fixed itself maybe an hour later. This needs to be handled differently in the future -- running into this at a critical moment is beyond frustrating!
2019-9-17
Use props
NoahSheena
New

I went to the DJI Go 4, under the tap. Go to “me” and you will see a gear button, that’s setting. Clear cache from there. And the China number issue is done.
2019-9-17
Use props
Majloszka
New

I have the same issue with my new mavic pro. Nothing helps, clearing cache, restarting app and drone multiple times
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_CYmReklr4mZ4
New

Brazil

Hello, Im from Brazil and I have a Phantom 3 stand. When I log in in to app to connect with the drone with my account appears a next step asking for a mainland china number. And i dont have one.
Ps: im using a xiaomi mi8
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Nspyqb4Tz4Em
New

Philippines

I do not know if you guys already found the fix for thus, just want to share what i did to get past this. Hope this helps.

1. Uninstall DJI app
2. Go outdoors where you can get a good GPS signal
3. Turn on your phone's GPS.
4. Re-install DJI GO app
5. Follow registration steps/prompt.
2021-5-30
Use props
djiuser_kSudbby6mVXP
New

Indonesia

ProfPaul Posted at 2017-9-17 22:10
[Image]

Hey stupid Dji Support center. You attached screen capt from Android Device or İos device? Bcoz android devices dont have this settings are you guys kidding with us?
2021-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules