2153 11 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Williams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427 ft
United Kingdom

Hi can anyone help?

I've had my Mavic for about one week. Flown a lot in the flight sim, took her out a few days ago and had some perfectly fine short flights. No issues or errors.
I haven't crashed this thing yet and it's not been near any rain etc, I've been really careful with it. Now when I start it up I get an IMU error. It says I need to calibrate the IMU. I follow all the instructions through to being told that the IMU calibration is complete 100%. Then when I go to fly I can see that the IMU error is still showing and under sensors in the Advanced settings of the Main Menu on the Go 4 app I can see that Gyro just says Data Error.

Have read various things like maybe to do with a firmware update. I have the latest .1000 as of todays date 17/09/17 and there are no options to install any previous versions of the firmware. Please help, I am travelling abroad in a week or so and have specifically bought this drone for the trip!

John
2017-9-17
Use props
fans796fb84e
New
Flight distance : 63924 ft
Sweden

With the DJI Assistant 2 software should you be able to downgrade, if so wanted...
2017-9-17
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you doing the IMU calibration on a flat surface?
When you look at the seniors, are the compass and accelerometer  showing green?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please shut the drone down and leave it for about 15 minutes, then calibrate again. If the issue persists, could you please provide me the screenshots of the error message and version info interface on About of General Settings? Will do my best to help.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans16473ccc
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-18 01:47
Please shut the drone down and leave it for about 15 minutes, then calibrate again. If the issue persists, could you please provide me the screenshots of the error message and version info interface on About of General Settings? Will do my best to help.

it would be nice if DJI would actually suggest something useful! it took me all of 5mins to see there is a handful of ppl having same issues, myself included... there is a actual problem, not just a shut it off turn it on situation
2017-9-18
Use props
John Williams
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans796fb84e Posted at 2017-9-17 09:35
With the DJI Assistant 2 software should you be able to downgrade, if so wanted...

I had read that elsewhere too but I only get one option of which firmware I can install and it is only the one I already have.1.03.1000. I did read also though that downgrading for others hasn't solved the problem.
2017-9-18
Use props
John Williams
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-17 16:11
Are you doing the IMU calibration on a flat surface?
When you look at the seniors, are the compass and accelerometer  showing green?

Hi, yeah the IMU calibrations I have done have all been on flat ground. I do the calibrating, it says 100% complete, I go back to the main screen in the GO 4 App and aircraft status menu says IMU Error then when I go to the sensors page I have Acc1 and Acc2 and Gyro)2 all working and low green bars (unless moving in which case all three say moving) but Gyro01 doesn't the green line, it says Data Error instead
2017-9-18
Use props
John Williams
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Thor/ any other DJI rep who's online - As requested above by DJI Thor I have switched the drone off and switched it back on. I've actually done this about twenty times so far, with different batteries to see if it was some the battery pack.  Here is a screenshot of my sensors page:
2017-9-18
Use props
John Williams
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also as requested the Version and software details from the About page.

App                                      Version 4.1.9
Aircraft                     Version 01.03.1000
Remote Controller Version 01.03.1000
Flight Database      Version 01.00.01.05
App database         Version 01.00.01.05
2017-9-18
Use props
John Williams
lvl.1
United Kingdom

John Williams Posted at 2017-9-18 11:23
Also as requested the Version and software details from the About page.

App                                      Version 4.1.9

The scary thing about this is that I could go outside and fly this thing if I wanted to because it will take off but I'm worried that if the Gyro isn't working it's going to go haywire on me and maybe end up in my face..... or somebody else face......... or 4 miles away in a lake.

I read that a few people have fixed a stuck Accelerometer by giving it the old "Fonzy" smack but I don't know where Gyro01 is located or what it does, plus I don't really feel like I should have to beat up my new toy to get it to work! If anyone knows what Gyro 1 does or where it is maybe that might help?

2017-9-18
Use props
John Williams
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anybody had any news?
2017-9-27
Use props
GECHO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18504 ft