DJI Assistant 2 not working
15188 21 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floating
lvl.1
United States

Assistant won't connect to either the Spark or the controller.
The Spark will show up as a USB Mass Storage device (USB drive) and I can
access the files on the SD card.

I've tried this on two different computers running Windows 10.
It is possible that the RC is defective because the computer doesn't even detect anything
plugged into the USB port.

I have one battery that needs to have the battery updated and I can't do it from
the DJI Go 4 app because I live in a No Fly Zone. Would the No Fly Zone thing
prevent updating firmware for the RC too?

I've tried to update the driver for the Spark from the driver directory but Windows
just says that it has the right drive installed.

What a mess! Any thoughts?
2017-9-17
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Assistant 2, does NOT connect to the RC (I mean is not suppose to connect to the RC, was design to conect ONLY to the drone.). Try to download the latest and greatest Assistant 2 (V1.1.6). Not sure why DJI Go 4 will not update the firmware in a "no-fly zone". Can be some Windows 10 crap, G forgive me to use any Windows crap.
2017-9-17
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

The RC can only be updated with DJI Go 4, it seems that Android version 4.1.8 has a bug that keeps it from updating the hardware and you have to roll back to version 4.1.5 unfortunately.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The RC no need to connect to the DJI Assistant 2. For the drone, please uninstall the DJI Assistant 2, then disable the antivirus and firewall on your PC, then install the DJI Assistant 2 again, see if it works.
2017-9-17
Use props
Floating
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-17 19:17
The RC no need to connect to the DJI Assistant 2. For the drone, please uninstall the DJI Assistant 2, then disable the antivirus and firewall on your PC, then install the DJI Assistant 2 again, see if it works.

I'm pretty sure its a Windows 10 driver problem. The generic Windows USB Com Port driver is loading. I'm making some progress there.

FOR GOD"S SAKE, PLEASE DJI, DIGITALLY SIGN YOUR SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS!
2017-9-18
Use props
Floating
lvl.1
United States

Floating Posted at 2017-9-18 15:06
I'm pretty sure its a Windows 10 driver problem. The generic Windows USB Com Port driver is loading. I'm making some progress there.

FOR GOD"S SAKE, PLEASE DJI, DIGITALLY SIGN YOUR SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS!

I still can't get Assistant to work. I was able to get the DJI Virtual Com driver to load and the Vision driver is loading, but Assistant still doesn't connect. I noticed that there is a network adapter and USB hub that appears in device manager.

FYI: I did have to boot up Windows in troubleshoot mode and allow unsigned drivers then select the driver ".inf" file for the Port device. I suspect some of the other drivers are not loading. I'm not sure which other ones are needed. This is the list of driver inf files in the install batch file.

\fdt\ftdibus.inf"
\fdt\ftdiport.inf"
\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
\Vision\Vision_(Interface_3).inf"
\winusb\x64\winusb.inf"
\STM_VCOM\stmcdc.inf"
\ADBDriver\android_winusb.inf"
\rockusb\x64\win7\rockusb.inf"
\CP210x\slabvcp.inf"

Only the third and forth are installing
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Floating Posted at 2017-9-19 20:56
I still can't get Assistant to work. I was able to get the DJI Virtual Com driver to load and the Vision driver is loading, but Assistant still doesn't connect. I noticed that there is a network adapter and USB hub that appears in device manager.

FYI: I did have to boot up Windows in troubleshoot mode and allow unsigned drivers then select the driver ".inf" file for the Port device. I suspect some of the other drivers are not loading. I'm not sure which other ones are needed. This is the list of driver inf files in the install batch file.

Did you download the latest version of  the DJI Assistant 2?If not, please try to download the latest one. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
fans4a273d3d
New

India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-20 02:20
Did you download the latest version of  the DJI Assistant 2?If not, please try to download the latest one. Thanks.

Steps to update system drivers

Step 1: Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

Step 2:Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. ...

Step 3:Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

Source: http://www.pcerror-fix.com
2017-9-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I assume you have turned on the AC after connecting it via USB to the computer, otherwise your just connecting to the SD card
2017-9-20
Use props
Floating
lvl.1
United States

Thank You Iannes. That did the trick. I had tried that before but that was before I got the DJI VCOM and Vision drivers loaded manually.
It only took five days to get everything to work,

On Windows 10 sometimes (don't know why) the install does not get the drivers loaded even though the batch file uses a utility that will install unsigned drivers.
There are several posts and videos on Youtube that show how to do it manually by disabling the "Use only Digitally Signed Drivers" protection in Win10. If you can get
the Com port device that appears in device manager to use the VCOM driver, I think everything else will fall into place.
2017-9-20
Use props
Floating
lvl.1
United States

Also, I started Assistant with Spark not connected, waited a minute to make sure everything was ready, then with the Spark powered on, connected it to the USB port. After a short wait the Assistant came to life.
2017-9-20
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Floating Posted at 2017-9-20 13:24
Also, I started Assistant with Spark not connected, waited a minute to make sure everything was ready, then with the Spark powered on, connected it to the USB port. After a short wait the Assistant came to life.

This whole mess would not have happened if DJI did sign all of its drivers.

Hope they finally get the message.
2017-9-20
Use props
Nickyzero
New

United States

I guess the point is that your Windows does not match the Spark USB. It means you may change another external Windows device, but update your current device driver by take the built-in features on Windows device manager as driver updater is more recommended.  You can also go to the manufacturer`s website or Windows official site to update your hard driver. With a reliable pc optimizer is also alternatively.
2017-9-27
Use props
djiuser_iiClPAMtLAq5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 837 ft
United States

OK I have an issue,after updating the flysafe database on the spark now when I take off my spark just goes up and down like its struggling to get up in the air, I have done everything, I finally got the DJI assistant 2 and when I plug the drone in it will not show my firmware but gives me the option to factory reset, so I tried that still nothing,now when I take my drones out to I know are safe areas to the spark can't fly, when before the flysafe database update I could fly no problems never gave me any kind issues,now after this stupid update my spark is screwed! And now when I hook up to the assistant 2 it won't even show my firmware in my drone, only gives me the option to factory reset am I doing something wrong? Please Help Thanks!9
2018-2-17
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

it is virus control
2018-2-17
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
United States

I use a burner phone to get around that.
2018-2-17
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
United States

djiis arirus that is why use a burner phone.
2018-2-17
Use props
djiuser_iiClPAMtLAq5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 837 ft
United States

What do you mean a burner phone
2018-2-18
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_iiClPAMtLAq5 Posted at 2018-2-18 18:22

You need to watch reruns of old episodes of "Law and Order"
2018-2-19
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iiClPAMtLAq5 Posted at 2018-2-18 18:22

A burner phone is a cheap phone you buy at Walmart that's month to month like MetroPCS, Boost, etc. You pay cash for it and then phone calls made from it can't be traced back to you. They are very popular with bad guys like drug dealers and terrorists.
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_91yWLScXxz7B
lvl.1

Denmark

Thanks for this great post. This is really helpful for me. Also, see
Qooapp for PC
2018-6-26
Use props
ayavilevich
New
Israel

I had a similar issue, where the drone (Phantom) would not be detected in DJI Assistant 2. This always worked on my previous computer but didn't work on my new one.
The cause in my case was a COM port conflict.
The drone uses a virtual COM device. The default serial windows drivers are fine. There is actually no need for the unsigned DJI supplied drivers on Windows 10. They don't even install well.

However, the drone uses COM3 as the virtual port and I already had another device using this.

After disabling the "Intel Active Management Technology" virtual COM port in device manager and connecting the drone it was detected fine!

It might be possible to resolve the conflict by allocating a different COM port to one of the existing devices, but I didn't try it. Disabling this Intel feature that I don't use is best for me.
Hope it helps.
DJI Two COM3.PNG
DJI works after disabled conflicting device.PNG
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules