Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video and turning (too fast) ?
11395 34 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Hi everyone,

I really enjoy my new Spark - while I am not that experienced flyer yet, I see that I often end up with very "fast" and "messy" video recordings when turning the Spark.

I mean - its like it turn "too fast" and this is even not in sports mode ....

I know I can go into "Tripod" mode, but is that the recommended way of making nice panoramas on video ?

Or are you guys using different software/app for flying while recording some of the beautifull video I have seen showcased here ?

Or do I just have a very
2017-9-18
Use props
Centraltooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76539 ft
Thailand

It is possible to change the gimbal pitch speed in the dji go 4 app.
2017-9-18
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United States

I think that what we'd need is yaw speed. The pitch speed controls how fast you can move the camera up and down, but doesn't influence the turning speed of the drone.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can control the control sensitivity also. It is about 8:56

2017-9-18
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I had that problem too when I started to fly my spark.  I practiced the turning while recording and quickly learned to show down my actions when doing videos.  Secondly, you can slow down some of your video actions with video editor software as well.  Keep practicing and you'll get better in no time.
2017-9-18
Use props
AlfredR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 195965 ft
Netherlands

It requires quite some practice to get smooth video during turning. Turn as slow as possible otherwhise you get choppy video. That's one of the characteristics of 30 frames per second video. 60p is a lot smoother, but not everybody likes that for creating cinematic films.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlfredR Posted at 2017-9-18 06:08
It requires quite some practice to get smooth video during turning. Turn as slow as possible otherwhise you get choppy video. That's one of the characteristics of 30 frames per second video. 60p is a lot smoother, but not everybody likes that for creating cinematic films.

I feel it is more about the speed of the motion. Not the fps.
Fast pan's won't look very smooth. Not even at 60fps.
The only difference is that you won't see as much stutter, but your eyes will still have problems following the movement.
I shoot a lot at 50fps (PAL area) and when I'm panning my camera while recording a bit too fast it still gives this feeling of 'too much too fast' and I wished I did not pan or went a bit slower.
2017-9-18
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-18 06:34
I feel it is more about the speed of the motion. Not the fps.
Fast pan's won't look very smooth. Not even at 60fps.
The only difference is that you won't see as much stutter, but your eyes will still have problems following the movement.

To me it looks more like the codec can't keep up with the fast changing scenery (afaik the Spark is limited to 24 Mbps, where the Mavic goes up to 60 Mbps for example).
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

scorpionro Posted at 2017-9-18 06:44
To me it looks more like the codec can't keep up with the fast changing scenery (afaik the Spark is limited to 24 Mbps, where the Mavic goes up to 60 Mbps for example).

That is an issue of course, you will get artifacts if the datastream can't cope with the amount of changes that it is getting.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

A long time ago I was deeply into the hobby of high quality videos, and one of the lessons I adopted was to have pans take 2 seconds for an object to appear in one side and then disappear from the other side.

I've found that tripod mode helps to slow down the response of the craft, and smooth out various movements.
2017-9-18
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

I was seeing this today only it's intermittent.
I can do a 360° yaw at the same speed, some parts of the shot will show jitter while others are really smooth.
2017-9-18
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

It takes  practice to get smooth footage and you have to be very genlle on stick input. With some practice you will be able to manually coordinate both yaw and sideway movement to get coordinated  smooth rotating shots

2017-9-18
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Scobo Posted at 2017-9-18 09:01
I was seeing this today only it's intermittent.
I can do a 360° yaw at the same speed, some parts of the shot will show jitter while others are really smooth.

Actually,  in my case it was the playback device causing the problem.
Played the same footage back on another device and it was fine.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to have that figured out!
2017-9-18
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi all, after much of practise with my Spark I still think that without an option "EXPO tuning" perfect circle around an object is impossible. Can anyone post perfect 360 angle video (eg.house)  without postedit ?  

I think not.

I thought for a whole year that I have sensitive RC and I have to practise more. Was I stupid . YES!
As you can see I have some flight experience with other DJI products. (Mavic, Inspire and S1000)

2018-6-4
Use props
djiuser_1PTTfOBxLfMS
lvl.2
United States

So I'm confused..cuz I found this thread and have this issue.

I use the RC, and movin the left stick   in mode 2,  the drone moves so quickly causing my footage to be awful.  Can you adjust the sensitivity of that left stick?  I Know you can do in the app virtual stick, but I dont use that.
2018-6-15
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

No the devs screwed spark owners with no expo control.
2018-6-15
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Hello m8,
Tripod mode is a great feature to get steady shots. Without it you gotta tke really really really easy on the sticks. There is no need for a third party app.
I advice you to also decrease the gimbal speed, mine is set in 9.

2018-6-15
Use props
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

All I use is tripod mode.  The stick still moves the drone way to quickly. This is separate from the gimbal. My Gimbal is like at 3.  That only helps the up and down movements tho.
2018-6-15
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-18 05:25
You can control the control sensitivity also. It is about 8:56
https://youtu.be/PNNB8YO--y0?t=536

i might be wrong, but i think you can only control the sensitivity when using the phone not the joystick.
2018-6-15
Use props
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

GOSpark Posted at 2018-6-15 11:13
i might be wrong, but i think you can only control the sensitivity when using the phone not the joystick.

sucks. Guess I'm just panning from now on.
2018-6-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Unfortunately nobody understood the essence of your question.

- he did not find the speed of tilt fast but the drone rotation
- no mention of any picture problem

The same problem for me too: it turns too fast around its axis, it can not be beautiful to record it.

1 fastest - Sports mode
2 slower - Normal GPS mode
3 slowest - Tripod mode

Tripod mode is either 3x faster than I want (sensitivity is the lowest).

Why is it possible to calibrate josticks if it is not possible to control Spark's motion continuously?
During calibration, you see how it detects the movement of the rods, but the Spark is in two states: either stands - or at full speed (in whatever mode it is)

We would like to ask those who understand the problem.
2018-6-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

GOSpark Posted at 2018-6-15 11:13
i might be wrong, but i think you can only control the sensitivity when using the phone not the joystick.

I don't own a Spark, but I believe you can.
There are 2 different sliders. One is for the gimbal and the other is for the controler

Go to 0:29
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-17 01:08
I don't own a Spark, but I believe you can.
There are 2 different sliders. One is for the gimbal and the other is for the controler

Good info!      
2018-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is one of the nice things of this forum!
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-17 01:34
That is one of the nice things of this forum!

You pick up so much info on here. It's all good mate
2018-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-6-17 01:36
You pick up so much info on here. It's all good mate

Yes, very helpful and inspiring
2018-6-17
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-17 01:34
That is one of the nice things of this forum!

Thank you Monti for the help !

You are always GREAT !

2018-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-17 07:15
Thank you Monti for the help !

You are always GREAT !

Thanks for that!
2018-6-17
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Croatia

And still NO body have posted their perfect 360 arround eg. house? Thanks Mantfooij for try, but when you slow down speed it slows down everything, not just pan-yaw. I will still use Tripoid mode before Expo tunning is released.
2018-8-12
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

If you are into hacking, this can change your YAWs to the minimum - 30°/s P-Mode & 50°/s Sport Mode

That is where mine are set at
2018-8-12
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Croatia

pmshop Posted at 2018-8-12 12:30
If you are into hacking, this can change your YAWs to the minimum - 30°/s P-Mode & 50°/s Sport Mode
https://youtu.be/FOUjg2CrBEc
That is where mine are set at

Ohh, man I did not want to go that far. I have hack it to FCC so where is the limit?  Thank you ! I will try it soon and get back to you!   Do you know that latest FW update 100.100. work with DJI Assistant v1.1.2?
GO-TO CORE. ly
2018-8-27
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Micato Posted at 2018-8-27 10:50
Ohh, man I did not want to go that far. I have hack it to FCC so where is the limit?  Thank you ! I will try it soon and get back to you!   Do you know that latest FW update 100.100. work with DJI Assistant v1.1.2?
GO-TO CORE. ly

Yes, 0.1000 works with 1.1.2

With the controller on and bound, You go into basic settings.
Select Remote Controller along the top menu.
Then at the bottom, click on Control EXP
There you will see the following:

You can see the YAW adjustment.
I have also played with the max ascent and descent speeds as well.
Those are the best for me

Switch to Sport mode and there you can change those settings too (other changes are auto saved)

While you are there, you see this too:

That controls the sensitivity of your sticks.
So if you are blasting out at top speed in Sport mode and see the camera tilt...it is because you slightly moved the stick enough to respond.
I could not fly straight in Sport Mode for long distances to save my life.
I increased the "Pitch/ Roll" and YAW rates to fix it.
The ones displayed are for P-Mode.
Same as before, to change Sport mode...switch to it...you can tell what you are in by the top letters.
P=Positioning S=Sport A=Atti
I used the value "0.6" for Pitch/ Roll and YAW.
2018-8-27
Use props
DRONGO OZ
lvl.1
Australia

I have a Spark and was playing around yesterday with "panning" with the LS Joystick - terrible!! ( A jerk  creating a jerky video).
2019-7-29
Use props
DRONGO OZ
lvl.1
Australia

DRONGO OZ Posted at 7-29 17:36
I have a Spark and was playing around yesterday with "panning" with the LS Joystick - terrible!! ( A jerk  creating a jerky video).

I have a Spark and was playing around yesterday with "panning" with the LHS Joystick -t was TERRIBLE ( A jerk  creating a jerky video).
Remembered a method I used for panning a few years ago - this was for SLR's and Compacts mounted on a Tripod.
I had an elastic band on the end of the Pan/Tilt arm  Worked v-well, the el band dampening the jerking.
  Just tried a variation  of this method on my Spark and iy looks promising???
Two el/bands - one around the bottom of the LH J/stick and the second el/band around the top of the same j/stick - tension on the latter is the direction of the J/stick movement.
Have not field tested this method yet............in the next few days

Terry Dillon
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules