12Next >
4469 43 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45217 ft
Canada

My DJI Spark received another GPS/Compass error while in flight about 100 meters about ground level and cause the drone to lost communication, feed and eventually crashed somewhere. Could not be located, i kept trying to reconfigure home location where my controller is but it kept getting error of unable to find controller location. .  Please check the logs.
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=hkrOOy
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PPFLMIN6K18AL87X6YWP/

2017-9-10
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Similar to what happened with mine.  It said it returned to a prior home location rather than the one I programmed initially.  
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, have you contacted DJI Support? I would recommend you provide the logs to the Support, they'll start a case for you. You can refer to the link below to contact the Support.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-10
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-10 18:11
Sorry for your loss, have you contacted DJI Support? I would recommend you provide the logs to the Support, they'll start a case for you. You can refer to the link below to contact the Support.
http://www.dji.com/support

I have contacted them and it was downplayed.
The logs clearly show many many many errors that occurred during flight from GPS error, Compass error, Yaw Error, Connection to smart phone error, unable to find home error, unable to set home location at controller error, etc...
all I was offered was 30% off the DJI SPARK while for others it was given a full credit 499$ to order a new one.
case: CAS-999449-C0Q0V5
2017-9-18
Use props
grafik2
New
United States

I use TrackR Bravo, it is only Bluetooth but if you can get within 100 feet it will help you.
2017-9-18
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

Ok along with my case yesterday, it seems there is a genuine issue with GPS / YAW COMPASS errors. People you need to put your name / contact details on a little sticker under the battery like I have.

DJI you seriously need to look into this.

My case :- https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=113289&page=1
2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

DJI not standing behind their Product SPARK

My DJI Spark  was lost as its GPS/Compass is defective, this wasnt the first time i experienced these errors while flying but that day i did lose my DJI SPARK.
While in flight about 100 meters about ground level the Spark started receiving hundrets of error and eventually lost communication, feed and eventually crashed somewhere. Could not be located, i kept trying to reconfigure home location where my controller is but it kept getting error of unable to find controller location. .  Please check the logs.

Errors that occured are:
Yaw Error (over 100 of them)
Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode; Yaw Error (multiple times)
Abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.; Yaw Error (multiple times)Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired. (multiple times)
Set Home Point Timeout
Command Timeout

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=hkrOOy
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PPFLMIN6K18AL87X6YWP/

The final response from DJI was the following

[size=12.800000190734863px]For your claimed case CAS-xxxxx, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

[size=12.800000190734863px]1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode after it took off; the home point: xxxxx -yyyyyy;
2.  The aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward,  then flight record ended at t=09:17, h=24 m; the Disconnected  point:xxxxxx -yyyyy.

[size=12.800000190734863px]With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

[size=12.800000190734863px]We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for Spark(Sky blue) without remote:
[size=12.800000190734863px]http://store.dji.com/product/spark

DJI decided to ignore the entire error list and offered a 30% off the dji spark.  DJI has offered many other people who lost their drone under the same exact circumstances (i can provide you a list of people on youtube) who got the full 499$ credit to buy a new Drone.
However in my case they are trying to downplay it and offer me only 30% off .

DJI if you are listening, Please this is unreasonable, the logs speak for themselves, The unit is clearly defective, you can look at the previous flights i flew and you can see the similar error that kept poping up.  
Please make this wrong a right pease.
thank you

2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

ped078 Posted at 2017-9-18 05:21
Ok along with my case yesterday, it seems there is a genuine issue with GPS / YAW COMPASS errors. People you need to put your name / contact details on a little sticker under the battery like I have.

yup many people are having similar error but for some people they give them the full credit while others they downplay the problem so it doesnt seem like they have an issue..

its not going away DJI, please stand behind your products
2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

yup many people are having similar errors.

for some people they give them the full credit while others they downplay the problem so it doesn't seem like they have an issue..

its not going away DJI, please stand behind your products
2017-9-18
Use props
goblue0720
New
Flight distance : 4501 ft
United States

Yeah, this happened to me yesterday!  I've only had it 4 days!  I had a chat with support and they said to keep an eye out in my email.  Really?  Now how long am I going to have to wait..........
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm analyzing your logs now, and may have a variety of observations (which will be posted in another response).  I'll start with one observation related to your report:  You said you tried to update the home point with your RC location.  That functionality is dependent on the device you are using (phone or tablet).  The RC itself doesn't have any gps capabilities, and even though the app says "RC", it really means the location of the mobile device being used.

The fact that you weren't able to set home point to the rc location indicates that your mobile device itself had difficulty obtaining a gps lock, or possibly that the app doesn't have permission to use the location (that's just speculation, I don't really know how the app behaves if permission to location services isn't granted), or that the device doesn't actually have gps for location services.

2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm going to presume that you will take constructive critique gracefully, I likewise will try to convey my observations gracefully.

Though not directly related to the loss of craft, you appear to have breached the airspace of your neighbors.  I'm not very familiar with Canadian drone regulations, though from what I gather they are far more strict (oppressive????) than U.S. regulations.  I also don't know if you actually obtained permission from the property owners (maybe local regulations do not require it), but I would review the Canadian regulations and other local regulations to see if this is something that is permissible or not.  In the US I do not fly into my neighbor's airspace without their permission.  Other's in this forum have disagreed with me on what constitutes trespassing, and that's another topic in another post for another time.  Specific to your flight, I recommend you look into it if you have not already done so.

Next observation (directly related to your flight), you appear to have had total control of the craft until a little more than a minute and a half into the flight.  GPS issues caused you to go to ATTI mode.  In ATTI mode, the craft doesn't have a location lock, and is unable to maintain it's position all by itself.  The elements (winds) have direct influence on the craft, and the pilot has to use his/her pilot skills to maneuver the craft and oppose those elements.  In your case, it looks like you no longer had LOS on the craft.  That's an assumption I admit, but 280ft up and 437ft down range with two story structures between indicates that you lost line of sight on the craft early on.  I do not purposely fly in a manner I know will cause me to lose line of site on my bird, because the only tool I have to guide my flight in case I go into ATTI mode is my eyes.

It appears that your craft drifted further away (due to winds) while in ATTI mode, and then GPS was restored about a minute later.  In the following minute, it looks like you made different attempts to set home point.  It appears that your efforts to set home point to the crafts location were successful, and that your efforts to set home point to the RC location failed.

Home point appears to at this point been set to craft location at 2 minutes 45 seconds, and at 3 minutes 50 seconds the craft attempt to return to the last recorded home point (which is in the backyard near the pool of that one home).  From what I can see, this is the last known home point set for the rest of the flight.

I'm guessing that you lost RC connection towards the end, and that the spark would have tried to return to the last known home point provided it was able to re-establish GPS.  If so, it may have made it to that home with the pool, and descended (either gracefully or out of power) in that yard with the pool.

I would check with that home owner and see if they located a drone in their back yard.

As far as what you could have done, there's a lot of advice to offer, but I'll wait to see if you desire that kind of critique and advice.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 11:00
I'm analyzing your logs now, and may have a variety of observations (which will be posted in another response).  I'll start with one observation related to your report:  You said you tried to update the home point with your RC location.  That functionality is dependent on the device you are using (phone or tablet).  The RC itself doesn't have any gps capabilities, and even though the app says "RC", it really means the location of the mobile device being used.

The fact that you weren't able to set home point to the rc location indicates that your mobile device itself had difficulty obtaining a gps lock, or possibly that the app doesn't have permission to use the location (that's just speculation, I don't really know how the app behaves if permission to location services isn't granted), or that the device doesn't actually have gps for location services.

Thanks for the feedback, however the app did have permission to use GPS, I never add any restrictions on any app, also the home point was originally registered at take off as you can see from the log so it did acquire it originally .  The question is why it lost that from its memory and why it would acquire it again.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 11:40
I'm going to presume that you will take constructive critique gracefully, I likewise will try to convey my observations gracefully.

Though not directly related to the loss of craft, you appear to have breached the airspace of your neighbors.  I'm not very familiar with Canadian drone regulations, though from what I gather they are far more strict (oppressive????) than U.S. regulations.  I also don't know if you actually obtained permission from the property owners (maybe local regulations do not require it), but I would review the Canadian regulations and other local regulations to see if this is something that is permissible or not.  In the US I do not fly into my neighbor's airspace without their permission.  Other's in this forum have disagreed with me on what constitutes trespassing, and that's another topic in another post for another time.  Specific to your flight, I recommend you look into it if you have not already done so.

I understand that but if you follow the path it was going to the park and away from anyones house and it was in visual range.  At least until the craft lost its mind.

your point about the craft acquiring GPS mode isnt true regardless as it was unable to reestablish its original home location.  During the entire flight it was good solid satellite locks 17 I think.

The alternative home point was selected as the option to select RC / Phone / Original home point was denied repeatedly as the logs clearly show.  The craft return to home never did initiate as I have checked the house in question and the 4 neighbours homes several time as well as I checked their roof and the drone was never found.  So I assume the spark continued on its path when it lost communication heading toward the streets and the homes on the opposite side.  I have left flyers with phone number , I also have my phone number on the drone itself.  Yet to receive any calls.

btw thanks for the help with the analysis (you did more than DJI at this point)
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-18 12:57
Thanks for the feedback, however the app did have permission to use GPS, I never add any restrictions on any app, also the home point was originally registered at take off as you can see from the log so it did acquire it originally .  The question is why it lost that from its memory and why it would acquire it again.

I don't know, but it's possible that while you were making efforts to reset the home point to the RC location, that you inadvertently set it to the aircraft position.  This would be a very simple action to take, particularly if one is under duress while dealing with a stressful flight.  That's my best guess.

Another possibility is that the craft decides it must reset home point after it loses GPS and goes to atti mode, but I've never encountered that behavior before.  All other home point actions I've seen have been human prompted.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-18 13:02
I understand that but if you follow the path it was going to the park and away from anyones house and it was in visual range.  At least until the craft lost its mind.

your point about the craft acquiring GPS mode isnt true regardless as it was unable to reestablish its original home location.  During the entire flight it was good solid satellite locks 17 I think.

Specific about the craft acquiring GPS mode isn't true:  I'm not sure which part of my analysis you are referring.  Maybe something is lost in translation.  It looks like the craft re-attains GPS later in the flight, after being in ATTI mode for a while, but after it drifted for a length of time.  That's what the logs demonstrate.

Or are you referring to my comment "In ATTI mode, the craft doesn't have a location lock"?  That part is an accurate statement, I'm thinking you are referring to another comment I made, I just don't know which one.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 13:03
I don't know, but it's possible that while you were making efforts to reset the home point to the RC location, that you inadvertently set it to the aircraft position.  This would be a very simple action to take, particularly if one is under duress while dealing with a stressful flight.  That's my best guess.

Another possibility is that the craft decides it must reset home point after it loses GPS and goes to atti mode, but I've never encountered that behavior before.  All other home point actions I've seen have been human prompted.

of course in retrospect I would have done things differently and calmly but I wasn't prepared for this situation.  Here is the thing, the biggest selling point about DJI and specifically this entry model drone from DJI is its safety .  The Drone's ability to come home is the biggest key feature that must not fail.  

I have had the Spark go in alti mode and exit GPS mode atleast on 3 different occasions for no reason.  This final time cause it to be lost.  
Its clearly defective.  I dont know what more to say on this.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-18 17:33
of course in retrospect I would have done things differently and calmly but I wasn't prepared for this situation.  Here is the thing, the biggest selling point about DJI and specifically this entry model drone from DJI is its safety .  The Drone's ability to come home is the biggest key feature that must not fail.  

I have had the Spark go in alti mode and exit GPS mode atleast on 3 different occasions for no reason.  This final time cause it to be lost.  

Hallmark007 is much supperior to me in interpreting logs, but my reading is that you had compass issues.  Hallmark explains that ehen there is a conflict between compass readings and gps readings, the drone will drop gps data in favor of compass data, because the drone can be flown without gps but cannot be flown without compass.

The mystery to be solved is why the drone experienced compass issues.  I see lots of yaw errors, and need to consult or research on what that implies.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 18:00
Hallmark007 is much supperior to me in interpreting logs, but my reading is that you had compass issues.  Hallmark explains that ehen there is a conflict between compass readings and gps readings, the drone will drop gps data in favor of compass data, because the drone can be flown without gps but cannot be flown without compass.

The mystery to be solved is why the drone experienced compass issues.  I see lots of yaw errors, and need to consult or research on what that implies.

Thanks Charles, Question why would a compass error cause the drone to lose its original home lock location?  Its like it forgot in its memory where home was.  Unless the compass failed all together thats why it cannot return home because it cant find its orientation .  Which makes sense because it did'nt make it to the new home location either.
as for the YAW error, visually looking at what the camera was seeing, it was struggeling  to stay level, it was not windy that day either.
I hope all that helps.  
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-18 18:20
Thanks Charles, Question why would a compass error cause the drone to lose its original home lock location?  Its like it forgot in its memory where home was.  Unless the compass failed all together thats why it cannot return home because it cant find its orientation .  Which makes sense because it did'nt make it to the new home location either.
as for the YAW error, visually looking at what the camera was seeing, it was struggeling  to stay level, it was not windy that day either.
I hope all that helps.

The logs demonstrate that the home point was not forgotten, it was replaced with a new home point at 2 minutes 45 seconds, to the location of the aircraft at that time (a residential backyard with a pool).  I can speculate as to how that happened.  I have a theory, but no proof.  It is only supported by "Occam's razor".
2017-9-19
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-19 05:20
The logs demonstrate that the home point was not forgotten, it was replaced with a new home point at 2 minutes 45 seconds, to the location of the aircraft at that time (a residential backyard with a pool).  I can speculate as to how that happened.  I have a theory, but no proof.  It is only supported by "Occam's razor".

Originally I clicked several times for the drone to come back home and it did nothing , so I kept trying to set my home location at RC controller again and again with the same failure.

2m 27.2s        P-GPS        15satellites        363.2ft        0ft        2.6mph        1,061.6ft        66%        11.324V        3.775V        3.775V        3.775V        0V        Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired.
Set Home Point Timeout
this is before I set the home location to another location.
note it is in GPS mode.  

again the person at the address and the house on both sides were very kind that allowed me to check their entire backyard as well as their roof and no spark.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-19 05:20

also check out what the GO home did even after the new home location was set
4m 13.1s        Go Home        17satellites        276.6ft        0ft        0mph        0.4ft        55%        11.167V        3.722V        3.722V        3.722V        0V        RTH: Backing up to avoid obstacle

it didnt try to go home, it just started landing far far away from any of the home locations.

this is just more proof that it is defective and IS a warranty issue
2017-9-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-19 05:50
Originally I clicked several times for the drone to come back home and it did nothing , so I kept trying to set my home location at RC controller again and again with the same failure.

2m 27.2s        P-GPS        15satellites        363.2ft        0ft        2.6mph        1,061.6ft        66%        11.324V        3.775V        3.775V        3.775V        0V        Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired.

I advice that the following is not meant to dispute any warranty claim, it is meant to help describe craft behavior.

If the craft is in ATTI mode, it has no means of returning to home as it is not tracking GPS.  In this instance it has not "forgotten" where home is, as it can still function if gps lock is re-established.  But until gps lock is re-acquired, the craft has no data to use to return home.  In such instances the only positioning system available is the pilot's eyes on the craft.  The craft can still be controlled (though pilot is fighting the influence of elements on the craft), but it no longer knows where it is or how to get home.  Not being able to return home when GPS is lost is expected behavior.  Not necessarily desired behavior, but craft can't return home when it doesn't know where it is (there is no alternative behavior that can be utilized).

That's why it didn't return home during your initial efforts to RTH.  The question is why did the craft lose GPS.  I suspect that this is because it had conflicts of data between gps data and compass data (the yaw errors you see is an indicator of this).  In this circumstance it discards gps and retains compass data.  This is because the craft cannot be flown without compass, and can be flown without gps.  Again this is expected behavior, and in this instance this is desired behavior (because you retain control of the craft, and the alternative does not allow you any control).
2017-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-19 05:53
also check out what the GO home did even after the new home location was set
4m 13.1s        Go Home        17satellites        276.6ft        0ft        0mph        0.4ft        55%        11.167V        3.722V        3.722V        3.722V        0V        RTH: Backing up to avoid obstacle

I think it was landing because at around 2.20 you had successfully set RTH to aircraft meaning that every time you pressed RTH it will just try to land where it is, you did try on a few occasions to set RTH to controller but didn't have sufficient gps so these could not take effect.

I'm also confused when you lost gps and then recovered gps why you could not fly AC back to you it was not far away . If you check your coordinates on google earth you should be able to see exactly where it was . The end of your log is missing did AC go into landing if it did it will almost certainly be at last known coordinates.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-19 06:25
I advice that the following is not meant to dispute any warranty claim, it is meant to help describe craft behavior.

If the craft is in ATTI mode, it has no means of returning to home as it is not tracking GPS.  In this instance it has not "forgotten" where home is, as it can still function if gps lock is re-established.  But until gps lock is re-acquired, the craft has no data to use to return home.  In such instances the only positioning system available is the pilot's eyes on the craft.  The craft can still be controlled (though pilot is fighting the influence of elements on the craft), but it no longer knows where it is or how to get home.  Not being able to return home when GPS is lost is expected behavior.  Not necessarily desired behavior, but craft can't return home when it doesn't know where it is (there is no alternative behavior that can be utilized).

Yes I understand your analysis, so one would assume the compass is defective then.  Anyways what I could have done while being calm and not panicking is one thing .  But I did buy the DJI Spark (entry drone) with all safety features (as advertised) from a reputable company DJI because its selling point is the ability to come home.  
It failed 3 times before in previous flight but it was in visual range.  In this case it didnt and the drone is lost.  

having that said, if was a very experienced drone pilot, if the aircraft wasn't behaving irrational with all the YAW error and balance issues, I would have tried to flight it to a more familiar location and land it.  But the systems failing onboard of the drone is what is being disputed as warranty claim, and even while DJI gave several people who had identical problem a full 499$ credit to get a new Spark, I was offered 30% only.

It is just not "reasonable" and unacceptable.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-19 07:07
I think it was landing because at around 2.20 you had successfully set RTH to aircraft meaning that every time you pressed RTH it will just try to land where it is, you did try on a few occasions to set RTH to controller but didn't have sufficient gps so these could not take effect.

I'm also confused when you lost gps and then recovered gps why you could not fly AC back to you it was not far away . If you check your coordinates on google earth you should be able to see exactly where it was . The end of your log is missing did AC go into landing if it did it will almost certainly be at last known coordinates.

Yes if it is just landing instead of going home when you click RTH, it means is compass is dead at this point.
hence warranty issue
2017-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-19 08:37
Yes if it is just landing instead of going home when you click RTH, it means is compass is dead at this point.
hence warranty issue

No this is not a compass problem, although through your flight you did have compass problems and you lost gps,
However the reason your AC was just landing was because RTH was set to aircraft which means once RTH button is pressed it will just land wherever it is.
There were some strange happenings in your flight born out through your logs, and only dji will be able to decide if there were malfunctions.
You still haven't said what happened at the end of your flight did it go into RTH because of low battery 22% and land somewhere?
2017-9-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-19 08:36
Yes I understand your analysis, so one would assume the compass is defective then.  Anyways what I could have done while being calm and not panicking is one thing .  But I did buy the DJI Spark (entry drone) with all safety features (as advertised) from a reputable company DJI because its selling point is the ability to come home.  
It failed 3 times before in previous flight but it was in visual range.  In this case it didnt and the drone is lost.  

I can't comment on the defective compass, as it relates to your case.  OTHER cases I've seen have had evidence of the pilot ignoring warnings at the very start of a flight, which cause compass issues down the road (I see no such indicators in your logs).  I also have seen logs where a user is flying in an unsuitable location, where there could be lots of magnetic interference.  Again in your case, I didn't see any clear environmental issues which I could blame.  There was a lot of residential houses, but your altitude seemed to be high enough to have been above such interference.  I know that the compass on the spark is extremely sensitive, and even a minor amount of interference can have great impact.  Starting from a location with small amount of metal can have impact (again, I didn't observe any warnings in your logs that would indicate such).

You may have already shared these, but focusing on the human factors that could have impacted the flight:  What was your environment from which you launched?  Any metal structures nearby?  I take off from my backyard, and there's no major metal structure nearby.  There are some tables and chairs that would impact my performance if I took off from them, but I don't.  EDIT:  I also do not breach my neighbor's airspace, I'm just pointing out to readers that taking off from a backyard is not unusual.

Also, what steps did you take (and where were you) when you calibrated the compass?  Some others have reported calibrating their compass in a less than suitable environment (indoors for example), that could impact a flight.

These are the human factors that you can help us to overcome as contributors.  That would logically lead to hardware if we can discount these factors.

Please note (IMPORTANT):  Any exercise that we go through here to logically deduce hardware is not particularly meaningful.  DJI makes the call, and the only value to our analysis is to either help you justify your personal conclusions or provide you with alternative explanations.  DJI is not bound by our analysis.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-18 05:12
I have contacted them and it was downplayed.
The logs clearly show many many many errors that occurred during flight from GPS error, Compass error, Yaw Error, Connection to smart phone error, unable to find home error, unable to set home location at controller error, etc...
all I was offered was 30% off the DJI SPARK while for others it was given a full credit 499$ to order a new one.

Just checked your case. Since the flight records ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterward. We can only check what happened at that time via data analysis. In this case, we are sorry to say that we can't verify it due to the lack of data. We've provided you the best solution based on the after sales policy. Should you have any questions about the data analysis, please reply their email, they'll do their best to make this situation clear to you.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Replied your thread, please check it.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

goblue0720 Posted at 2017-9-18 10:49
Yeah, this happened to me yesterday!  I've only had it 4 days!  I had a chat with support and they said to keep an eye out in my email.  Really?  Now how long am I going to have to wait..........

Do you have a case number or a ticket number? Please provide me with it so I can look into it.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-19 22:37
Do you have a case number or a ticket number? Please provide me with it so I can look into it.

Hi Diana, sure, here is the ticket number CAS-999449-C0Q0V5.

I can provide you with 3 other flights that I synched with my account and you can see I get this compass failure during flight for no reason.
The main reason the Spark was lost is due to the fact that the most important feature and major selling and advertised point is its safety and ability to come back home.
It kept failing and this time it was lost in the process .

2017-9-20
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-20 16:15

I can provide you with 3 other flights that I synched with my account and you can see I get this compass failure during flight for no reason.

I understand DJI doesn't want to admit it for PR reasons but I am just trying to find a reasonable outcome to this problem.  It seems clear that there IS a defect in this unit with the compass.
what would be reasonable is atleast 50%, specially when DJI has offered many many many other people a full credit for the same exact problem, I can provide you with a big list of names , people, youtube channels, forums, etc..
there is clearly a problem here.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans6ac931b5 Posted at 2017-9-20 16:15

Sorry, I totally understand how you feel, I meant to ask for the case number of the user in the post 9#. I have got your case number already and replied you in the post 28#.
2017-9-20
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-20 22:45
Sorry, I totally understand how you feel, I meant to ask for the case number of the user in the post 9#. I have got your case number already and replied you in the post 28#.

"""We've provided you the best solution"". You did not provide me with the best solution what soever, that is a gross understatement .
its not the best , its not agreed upon and it is not resolved.

Did you see the other flights compass mulfunctions? still denying it was defective.

the assesment is wrong and unfair.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jytspark2
lvl.1

Canada

Same here, check my post : https://forum.dji.com/thread-113710-1-1.html
2017-9-21
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

Jytspark2 Posted at 2017-9-21 05:31
Same here, check my post : https://forum.dji.com/thread-113710-1-1.html

Here is more evidence of the defect.

Here is another time where the Compass failed with an even more exotic error: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=EDsPKp
i have attached the logs as well to this email with the youtube video: Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.53.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.58.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.58.39 PM.png
2017-9-21
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

#Quick Reply Here#Here is another time where the Compass failed with an even more exotic error: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=EDsPKp i have attached the logs as well to this email with the youtube video:
2017-9-21
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Canada

here is another one
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 8.09.01 PM.png
2017-9-21
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2