5352 50 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slic Ric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4393 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-27 09:00
Glad you got everything worked out to your satisfaction.  I'm not sure documenting/recording everything would have made any difference if it had not worked out your way.  Point of clarification:  As you well know, English is a very ambiguous language compared to most.  "New unit" can mean a new unit to you (regardless of condition), or it can mean a brand new unit.  I'm unsure of which one you received.

Think if would have turned out the same if everyone wasn't here watching to see what would happen?  Hell, maybe you have some troll to thank for your outcome.

You could very well be right that documenting may not tilt the scale to my favor. Documenting is the only way I had to be able to fact check in the event it didn't. Like the other thread you pointed me to. The OP says he "got an email which seem to suggest DJI would be taking my brand new Mavic apart and fitting a new ESC board." So...what did it actually say?

To clarify. My replacement Mavic appears to never have been used. The serial number reflects a build date of Tuesday, February, 7th 2017.

"Hell, maybe you have some troll to thank for your outcome." <- I laughed out loud at this. Perhaps Troll was really my Angel? :-)

2017-9-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I sent mine in. It took about a month to receive back. It works great as far as I can tell . I love it.if you have a case # you can always ask an admin on here to look into things there for you. There is something on site that tells you drone bday by In putting serial # . The 1 I got back was a month newer then the 1 I sent. Also I read somewhere that if you have a refurbished one, there is an R after the # . I had a very positive repair. DJI MINDY ,Ken , Thor and others are all great. It seems that a lot of great experiences so try to be optimistic.  You in good hands. Just be polite and patient and you will hAve good drone repair ;)
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Slic Ric Posted at 2017-9-27 07:58
Thanks for checking in DJI Thor. As you can read from my above post, I am all set and perfectly happy with the support I received. All I can say to others is, you have to communicate. Maybe more than once, ask questions, request transcripts of conversations, written acknowledgement, confirmation.

Glad to hear that and your feedback gives us a big motivation for us to move forward. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-27 09:54
That is a good result for you dude

But it pi$$es me off even more.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, DJI Mindy had explained in your original post, we have tried our best for what we could do, if you have more question, please refer to the last reply of Mindy. Sincerely sorry again.
2017-9-28
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-28 02:17
Sorry for the unpleasant experience, DJI Mindy had explained in your original post, we have tried our best for what we could do, if you have more question, please refer to the last reply of Mindy. Sincerely sorry again.

I appreciate the apology Thor.......but people have to truly understand the roll of the dice that support offers.

I know its not your fault, but it really is not up to the job
2017-9-28
Use props
fansea1728c4
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a brand new DJI Mavic pro from ABT.COM which was delivered to me on 12/01/2017. Just after 1 use, your remote controller developed calibration issues. The left and right sticks would stay at 4% and 1% and I raised the issue through your online portal for which case # CAS-1360421-Z5C1F2  was assigned. I was asked to send my brand new remote control S/N 08WJE73 to your repair facility which I did the very next day. DJI kept the remote for more than a week and sent a remote S/N 08WDE9J which has the same issue as the original remote. Just minutes after receiving the package on 1/12/18 at 8:10 pm, I immediately tested your unit and noticed that it is far worse than the original remote and worse it has the same problem as the original brand new remote

Here are the problems that I am facing
The left stick is at 2% at ideal position and the remote won't calibrate.
In addition to that it has an extremely loud fan noise which my original remote did not have.
Also the battery of the remote control drops at more than fair clip. It drops at more than 3-4% every minute even when the phone is not connected. With that rate, I will not even get 30 minutes of flight time. Is this your level of testing? Is this your level of quality control.  I am very angry at the level of quality that you guys have.  I demand a brand new remote from the factory as I have spent a lot of time sending the remote to you and waiting for it.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansea1728c4
lvl.1
United States

Until DJI gets their act together,  I would copy include Frank Wang and Roger Luo in the email communication that I have with the DJI Support. Let the CEO and the President know about the issues we are facing until they do something about it operationally
2018-1-13
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I have used the DJI repair service with my mavic and whilst it was a very fast service I was sent a refurbished mavic as a warrenty repair now the mavic I recieved was in as new condition and I had used my mavic for 11 months the one I recieved was 7 months old according to the serial number this is not how I was expecting this process to operate even refresh does not get you a New Mavic.

This will make me think twice about future DJI purchases.

The Mavic is a fantastic Drone DJI must do something to improve the support process they use.
2018-1-13
Use props
fans774feb21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269327 ft

I sent my phantom pro in last month was told they were fixing the landing gear and camera motor told me it was all covered and how much parts and labor wouldve been without the dji refreshWaited for it to return  opened boxed it was a different drone mine had a skin on it so I synced it with my ac First flight the gimble motor kept overloading kept going into ATT mode. So I sent that one back this time withe the express kinda scared to see whats coming to my door now
2018-8-10
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-19 02:17
What I don't understand here is if there is body damage (and after testing it is found that the electrics are fine) then why not transplant the electrics into a new body (not recon/refurb) or vice versa, if you have some faulty electrics then why not replace the faulty unit and send the drone back to the owner.

I don't like the idea personally that if i send my drone back I will be getting a refurb unit in return that is most likely going to be older than the one I sent in and maybe the drone I send in had minimal damage.

This is my felling... I have only had my MP1 for two months and the gimbal ribbon cable is broken.  About to send in for repair and looking over this forum and having second thoughts.... I know the one I need repaired has two months of little use and has been treated like a glass egg.  The thought that I'll get something back that has years of hours on the motors makes me feel ill.  I do feel like it is a "lotto" because if they do not actually repair mine for me, then the next guy gets it after they repair it that sent his that was two years old and had multiple issues gets a two month old one issue fix.  I'd be ok waiting longer or paying extra to get my same serial number back.
2019-2-25
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-27 09:54
That is a good result for you dude

But it pi$$es me off even more.

I just sent a 24 month new born Mavic Pro in due to a broken ribbon cable on the gimbal.... I really would be fine with a "NEW" in box replacement or having my two month old returned repaired... really holding my breath not to get a refurbished.  Guess I'll know in about two weeks what I get back.... I'll for sure update my post once I know.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules