"Link Phone Number" error message
3092 11 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

I have beeen flying my replacement Mavic for a couple of weeks (all fine) then I decided to try the flight simulator (its raining today).  Strange I know but the simulator requires that the Mavic is turned on and connected. After a few mins I got annoyed with the fan running on the Mavic and decide to turn it off once running the simlator App - seems this was a mistake because the app now throws up a message each time I connect to the aircraft (in the simulator or not) it says:

"Link Phone Number"  "To complete your registration information and aircraft activation data in DJI GO 4, please link and verify your phone number" - then the word "Link" in blue to click on.

If I click on that it says:

"Phone Link and verification" and asks for:
    "Enter Mainland China telephone number"
    "Input verification cod" (sic)

As far as I know I completed the registration weeks ago and I'm certainly not in Mainland China.

Any clues as to what is going on?

2017-9-18
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't get the error message if I use DJI GO 4 on another android device (same mavic same RC).
2017-9-18
Use props
Axelerator
New
France

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue... this is the fist time I use my new Mavik, and it is locked (main LED = fixed red ). I live in France....

I have sent a Mail to DJI support abd am waiting for their reply.
2017-9-18
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

[SOLVED] "Link Phone Number" error message

Axelerator Posted at 2017-9-18 12:19
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue... this is the fist time I use my new Mavik, and it is locked (main LED = fixed red ). I live in France....

I seem to have solved the problem by taking my Mavic outdoors so it could get a good GPS lock (waiting until GPS mode was displayed on the Mavic and RC) before starting the app.  I think the Mavic assumes it is in China if it cant get a GPS position.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Feel happy for the issue is resolved.  And yes, please link to a local network, put the AC to a place where has GPS signal, restart the AC and app when the app is asking for a mainland China telephone number.
2017-9-18
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Got this error message yesterday mid-flight and controls became virtually non-responsive.  

Is anyone still having this problem?

What does it mean exactly to link to a local network?  

Any info appreciated.
2018-1-17
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

DNR 1 Posted at 2018-1-17 23:47
Got this error message yesterday mid-flight and controls became virtually non-responsive.  

Is anyone still having this problem?

Conect to your Home WIFI network for your internet connection to log in to DJI GO4 for the first time.
2018-1-18
Use props
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

I live in Germany. I got a new Phantom 4 Pro Plus today. Everything fine first - did my first flight. Then I after a firmware update the App now wants that phone number from China everytime I connect to the device and nothing goes anymore. Annoying!! I am connected to my local WIFI and also went out to let the system catch GSP signals. Did not help. Can anyone help please?
2018-1-27
Use props
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

In my frustration I made a factory reset from the apps menu and hoped I could enter my location data once more to solve the problem with the chinese phonenumber. Did the reset. When I start the system now I am asked to sign into my dji account in the first screen. When I enter my data and click the button I am informed "Network Unavailable" and I am asked to check my connection! HOW?! This is the first and only screen that appears. I have no options on this screen. How can I connect to the network then?
2018-1-27
Use props
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

It's me once again. Meanwhile I installed DJI Assistant2. It connects to the remote control but the only option it offers is to do a factory reset. Doing that leads to the same situation after restart of the remote control: DJI Go 4 wants me to sign in but claims I have no internet connection. I am at the end now :-(
2018-1-27
Use props
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

And for the fourth time.....
Found in another thread that I have to swipe down on the Plus screen like on some smartphones to get more options. Did that and could enter my WIFI data. Could sign in and now the chinese telephone number is a thing of the past. Would be very clever if this would be documented somewhere together with the reset option. Cost me 4 horrs of my life, some nerves and a lot of sympathy for DJI but I am glad everything is normal again now.
2018-1-27
Use props
djiuser_tHA8EUL2Qr21
New

Chile

Axelerator Posted at 2017-9-18 12:19
Hello,

Hola, tengo el mismo problema y yo soy de chile, alguna solución ? Saludos
Asaadpropiedades@gmail.com
2021-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules