Connectivity and firmware problems
1260 10 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Messiah
New

Norway

Hi!

I recently bought a Phantom 3 Professional and have some issues updating the firmware.

I have tried all the different suggested methods, and nothing is working.

Additionally, I can't connect the controller to the drone.

Attatched are error logs.

Can anyone help?

P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf

12.46 KB, Down times: 2

P3X_FW_RESULT_AB

P3X_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

61.65 KB, Down times: 1

P3X_FW_LOG_AB

2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Messiah, it seems that the file can not be downloaded due to the system. Could you upload to Dropbox and send us the link? I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-18
Use props
Messiah
New

Norway

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u20dxxsfqej3542/P3X_FW_LOG_AB.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap4a4h ... _RESULT_AB.pdf?dl=0
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Messiah Posted at 2017-9-18 22:54
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u20dxxsfqej3542/P3X_FW_LOG_AB.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap4a4h8slgdze3c/P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf?dl=0

Well received. May I know what's the current version of aircraft and controller? And what troubleshooting have you tried?
2017-9-19
Use props
Messiah
New

Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-19 04:08
Well received. May I know what's the current version of aircraft and controller? And what troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no idea what the version on the aircraft is. I have been unsuccessfull in my attempts to connect with the DJI GO app. After trying a whole lot, I have managed to get the controller to the newest available firmware I downloaded from your website. I have no way of accessing my aircraft as it will not pair with my phone or my controller.
2017-9-19
Use props
Messiah
New

Norway

Additionally, I have tried loading the firmware with the DJI Go app (wont work because I cant connect it) and with two different SD cards I have also tried formatting the SD card. I have tried turning the aircraft on/off, recharging all batteries and all kinds of different methods found on your website.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Messiah Posted at 2017-9-19 04:56
Additionally, I have tried loading the firmware with the DJI Go app (wont work because I cant connect it) and with two different SD cards I have also tried formatting the SD card. I have tried turning the aircraft on/off, recharging all batteries and all kinds of different methods found on your website.

Please review the steps on how to update the firmware. Make sure your mobile device is linked to the internet.
2017-9-19
Use props
Messiah
New

Norway

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 12:02
Please review the steps on how to update the firmware. Make sure your mobile device is linked to the internet.

I have, several times. It didn't yield any effect.

I managed to resolve this entire issue on my own. After reading the error reports and common issues with different versions, I eventually discovered that I had an earlier version of the firmware on my aircraft, and the newest version of firmware on my controller. This resulted in a intermittent connection disruption pattern. I was able to download an old version of firmware onto my sd card and downgraded my controller using said sd card. I was then able to pair the aircraft and controller to the extent that I had a semi-disruptive connection that allowed me to update firmware with the DJI GO app. It was kind of unstable seeing as I probably ran two different older versions of firmware and used the "manual force" method of pairing controller and aircraft. On the third or fourth try I was able to successfully load the newest firmware onto both controller and aircraft.

I struggled for a long time, but was in the end able to resolve this issue myself. I have now tested the connection outside with GPS coverage and calibrated compass. It seems stable. I haven't been able to fly yet as the battery was pretty drained from all the testing. I still concider this issue resolved.

Thanks for all the help.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Messiah Posted at 2017-9-19 13:53
I have, several times. It didn't yield any effect.

I managed to resolve this entire issue on my own. After reading the error reports and common issues with different versions, I eventually discovered that I had an earlier version of the firmware on my aircraft, and the newest version of firmware on my controller. This resulted in a intermittent connection disruption pattern. I was able to download an old version of firmware onto my sd card and downgraded my controller using said sd card. I was then able to pair the aircraft and controller to the extent that I had a semi-disruptive connection that allowed me to update firmware with the DJI GO app. It was kind of unstable seeing as I probably ran two different older versions of firmware and used the "manual force" method of pairing controller and aircraft. On the third or fourth try I was able to successfully load the newest firmware onto both controller and aircraft.

The firmware difference can certainly be a problem. Glad you were able to resolve this.
2017-9-19
Use props
Messiah
New

Norway

Yeah, firmware updates can be tricky. You should really concider keeping a downloadable library of firmware updstes for debuging purposes.  If I could go back and downlod the correct firmware I wouldn't have to gamble on a version I found on google being the one I needed.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Messiah Posted at 2017-9-19 22:53
Yeah, firmware updates can be tricky. You should really concider keeping a downloadable library of firmware updstes for debuging purposes.  If I could go back and downlod the correct firmware I wouldn't have to gamble on a version I found on google being the one I needed.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules